Twitter: Rex Ryan trashes Amari Cooper

mattjames2010

Reaction score

https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic....d&sid=97772eaf00d8b80db86f00a29e99328b#unread

Read this. Again, this stuff has been said for a long long long time by fans. Dude is missing something.

"Quitter", "Lacks passion", "Ghost", "Forgot he was on the team at some points", "Ol' Amari Pooper" - you don't get an entire fan base to go against you like this.

We gave up a first round pick and gave a $60 million guaranteed contract to an inconsistent WR.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Rex is an expert of feet but not much else

Only in the sense that he has a foot fetish for females. Other than that, his head betrays his senses as a human being at every turn.

BigD_95

Reaction score

Please draft a receiver in the first round unless you trade for Jamaal Adams.

You can look at other top receivers and say they had bad games or disappeared. For example.

- Julio Jones. Last year
Vs Minn 6 catches 31 yards
Vs Tenn 4 catches 52 yards
Vs Hou 3 catches 42 yards
Vs Saints 3 catches 79 yards
Vs Tamp. 5 catches 68 yards
Vs Car 5 catches 66 yards
Vs Tamp 7 catches 78 yards

He is considered one if not the top WR in NFL. But he disappears in half his games? He doesn't show up in big games? They played 2 common opponents and Coop out played him against those common opponents

Hopkins Last year

Vs Jax 5 catches 40 yards
Vs Rams 6 catches 67 yards
Vs. Car 5 catches 41 yards
Vs Atl 7 catches 88 yards
Vs Bal 7 catches 80 yards
Vs NE 5 catches 64 yards
Vs Tamp 5 catches 23 yards

But what he only shows up half the time - he disappears in big games?

We can play this game with any wide out.

In Cowboys 6 loses last year ( not counting games against NE & Jets cause he was hurt - tried to play but sat out almost all of those games).

His stats were 45 catches 613 yards

Avg 7.5 catches and 102 yards

Yeah he really disappeared in big games or his fault they lost those games

GB was the 2nd seed in NFC last year. When Dallas played them is was a massive game on prime time.

Cooper that game. 12 catches 226 yards 1 TD

They played the Eagles the first time and was for division lead. Big game prime time.

Cooper 5 Catches 106 yards

Played Minn another playoff team match up at the time

Cooper 11 catches 147 yards 1 TD

Buf playoff team top D

8 catches 85 yards

I'm happy Cooper was resigned & he is worth every penny. In 3 years his contract will seem like a bargain

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rex Ryan said he wouldn't have paid Amari Cooper because he disappears in games. Why is that? Because he's got lingering foot problems. Dak doesn't have any lingering problems. By you comparing Dak to Amari is comical. I merely pointed out the difference and why it's not fair to make a comparison between Dak and Amari. It obviously hit a nerve.
Lol it didn’t hit a nerve. We just disagree. Nothing wrong with that. And Rex did not make his comment because of lingering foot problems. He made it because he “disappears”.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You can look at other top receivers and say they had bad games or disappeared. For example.

- Julio Jones. Last year

He is considered one if not the top WR in NFL. But he disappears in half his games? He doesn't show up in big games? They played 2 common opponents and Coop out played him against those common opponents

Hopkins Last year

Vs NE 5 catches 64 yards

In Cowboys 6 loses last year ( not counting games against NE & Jets cause he was hurt - tried to play but sat out almost all of those games).

GB was the 2nd seed in NFC last year. When Dallas played them is was a massive game on prime time.

They played the Eagles the first time and was for division lead. Big game prime time.

Buf playoff team top D

8 catches 85 yards

I'm happy Cooper was resigned & he is worth every penny. In 3 years his contract will seem like a bargain
I was gonna make this point. I looked up Julios stats and he too “disappears”. Hmmmmm...

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic....d&sid=97772eaf00d8b80db86f00a29e99328b#unread

Read this. Again, this stuff has been said for a long long long time by fans. Dude is missing something.

"Quitter", "Lacks passion", "Ghost", "Forgot he was on the team at some points", "Ol' Amari Pooper" - you don't get an entire fan base to go against you like this.

We gave up a first round pick and gave a $60 million guaranteed contract to an inconsistent WR.
still not necessary and highly unprofessional to use personal attacks with a critique.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
still not necessary and highly unprofessional to use personal attacks with a critique.

Why? We call players far worse. Do you think ESPN hired Rex Ryan for his knowledge of the game? There are a lot of former coaches to bring in. They brought him in because he's an oddball guy, straight forward, and will say things that will get clicks. He succeeded and his apology seemed extremely scripted to me. But what he said is the truth - and if Cooper is just mailing it in, he's a turd. He's an expensive turd, but a turn nonetheless.

Maybe an elementary insult like Amari Pooper is accurate. That thread wasn't even remotely close to divisive either, it was unanimous with dislike for the guy - even this forum has many fans that love Dez.

CCBoy

Reaction score
So what if the legendary mouth isn't voting for Cooper to the Pro Bowl? Coop is still a pretty darned good addition for the Dallas receiver group.

Undoubtedly, Amari Cooper has his flaws. Even the player himself admitted to not playing at his best at times last season. But anyone who remembers life before Cooper in Dallas back in 2018 doesn’t question that type of impact his presence can have on a season. And the fact he’s still only 25-years old and entering his prime makes him more than a worthy gamble.

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/04/03/dallas-cowboys-rex-ryans-criticism-amari-cooper/

Last edited:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Why? We call players far worse. Do you think ESPN hired Rex Ryan for his knowledge of the game? There are a lot of former coaches to bring in. They brought him in because he's an oddball guy, straight forward, and will say things that will get clicks. He succeeded and his apology seemed extremely scripted to me. But what he said is the truth - and if Cooper is just mailing it in, he's a turd. He's an expensive turd, but a turn nonetheless.

Maybe an elementary insult like Amari Pooper is accurate. That thread wasn't even remotely close to divisive either, it was unanimous with dislike for the guy - even this forum has many fans that love Dez.
Yea, that's why he was made to grovel on television over his infantile, playground antics. He came off looking foolish when he was right in the premise of his point. Good work there.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

- Julio Jones. Last year

Hopkins Last year

Vs NE 5 catches 64 yards

Buf playoff team top D

8 catches 85 yards

Cooper had 8 games below 5 catches last year; Jones had 3 and Hopkins had none. Now it's reasonable to say that every receiver has many quiet days during the regular season and even pretty big swings, but Cooper has some pretty disturbing splits. Saying that Jones or Hopkins disappeared in 7 catch, 80 yard receiving games is pretty laughable as well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yea, that's why he was made to grovel on television over his infantile, playground antics. He came off looking foolish when he was right in the premise of his point. Good work there.

What Rex said just got them the most clicks they'll have this week. He just criticized a, oddly beloved, Cowboy player. He's getting handshakes virtually right now.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol it didn’t hit a nerve. We just disagree. Nothing wrong with that. And Rex did not make his comment because of lingering foot problems. He made it because he “disappears”.
Yes, bro, we just disagree. True, Rex made his comment because in his eyes Amari "disappears", but there is some history to worry about when it comes to Amari's lingering foot problems which very likely is why he "disappears" at times. I like Amari, but I wish the Cowboys would stop taking (much less even give big contracts to) players with pre-existing or lingering health problems. That's all.

Gaede

Reaction score
This makes me like Cooper even more*.

*I haven't gone through this thread, but I'm sure this has been said a hundred times. Rex Ryan is the definition of a turd. Him, his brother, his entire family. Just pure garbage.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Cooper had 8 games below 5 catches last year; Jones had 3 and Hopkins had none. Now it's reasonable to say that every receiver has many quiet days during the regular season and even pretty big swings, but Cooper has some pretty disturbing splits. Saying that Jones or Hopkins disappeared in 7 catch, 80 yard receiving games is pretty laughable as well.

2 of those games he didnt really play in - Jets & NE. So that puts him at 3 with Jones. The one game he had 4 catches - he had 80 yards in a TD - saying he disappeared in that game I would say is "laughable"

The other game that he had 4 catches he did only have 44 yards but he also had a TD - is that disappearing? We won the game by 10 points so that TD mattered

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I'm not saying I would have overpaid for Cooper, because I wouldn't have. But, if Rex is going to praise Dak and trash Cooper, I wonder if he realizes Cooper was the reason why Dak was successful in pulling his fat out of the fire two years ago. No Cooper, no playoffs, and then where are we talking about Dak?

Gameover

Reaction score
I have a question...please go easy on me! Asking for a friend. :)

If Amari "disappears"....is it all on him...or dak too?
Dak and Carr I guess cause ... Cooper has copperfield his entire career

Crabtree was more valuable than Cooper

Gameover

Reaction score
I'm not saying I would have overpaid for Cooper, because I wouldn't have. But, if Rex is going to praise Dak and trash Cooper, I wonder if he realizes Cooper was the reason why Dak was successful in pulling his fat out of the fire two years ago. No Cooper, no playoffs, and then where are we talking about Dak?
He wasn’t responsible for nothing