Twitter: RGIII message to Kellen Moore

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Need to find that RB3 still, Zeke and Pollard already taking care of the starts.
This roster needs a reliever RB3 that can be better than what we have had there.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If he’s talking about pounding the ball all day we’re not going win doing that. We certainly have to run the ball better but it’s a passing league and to score enough points to win games you have to throw the ball.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah, after studying the game from all angles, not just one position.
fair point, but he is the only media guy to say it in a bold manner.
That is what more media people should do instead of just implying things.

If you want to change jones boys or some coaches, you need to be upfront and hit them over the head with it.

starfan1

Reaction score
Such a novel idea all qbs benefit from quality run games
Romos best year was when he quit throwing as much and demarco balled out
If the line plays well and the do a 60-40 split with the 2 backs I could see a good year

the line has to improve it has steadily regressed since 2018

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
fair point, but he is the only media guy to say it in a bold manner.
That is what more media people should do instead of just implying things.

If you want to change jones boys or some coaches, you need to be upfront and hit them over the head with it.
I don't watch the analysts' shows very often, but judging by the things I've heard them say, I'm sure many have said that we need to run the ball more. But most of them probably know it takes more than just wanting to, to have success at it. There have been plenty of games in which the running game was just absolutely abysmal. That's usually on the O-line, not being able to clear the road, and you can't just keep hammering away 3 and outs, and expect things to turn around.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Such a novel idea all qbs benefit from quality run games
Romos best year was when he quit throwing as much and demarco balled out
If the line plays well and the do a 60-40 split with the 2 backs I could see a good year

the line has to improve it has steadily regressed since 2018

100% correct.......best year of his career. In fact, it's the exact reason they burned a 4th overall pick on Zeke. After failing to resign Murray and the Joesph Randell mess, they were hoping to duplicate 2014.

starfan1

Reaction score
100% correct.......best year of his career. In fact, it's the exact reason they burned a 4th overall pick on Zeke. After failing to resign Murray and the Joesph Randell mess, they were hoping to duplicate 2014.

yep and it’s more about the philosophy than the back
As good as our line was from 14-18 we can name several backs that could have done it
Still chaps me they blew a 4 on a back but it is what it is

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't watch the analysts' shows very often, but judging by the things I've heard them say, I'm sure many have said that we need to run the ball more. But most of them probably know it takes more than just wanting to, to have success at it. There have been plenty of games in which the running game was just absolutely abysmal. That's usually on the O-line, not being able to clear the road, and you can't just keep hammering away 3 and outs, and expect things to turn around.
i think it is the blocking schemes that are flawed

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
yep and it’s more about the philosophy than the back
As good as our line was from 14-18 we can name several backs that could have done it
Still chaps me they blew a 4 on a back but it is what it is

Recap........after Murray's record season, the Jones went from anyone can run behind this OL ( excuse not to pay Murray), Joe Randell blowing up on their face, to trying to bring Murray back after his Chip Kelly issues, to using the 4 overall on Zeke. All this within a year..... the end 2014 season to the start of 2016.

Jarntt

Reaction score
He ain't lying.......he's quickly becoming one of my favorite media guys.

Feed Zeke AND get Pollard 20 touches per game? Is he a complete moron when it comes to Football or just bad at Math?

For perspective Jonathon Taylor had just under 22 touches per game last year and Zeke had 22 touches his rookie year. So we are going to feed Zeke and also get Pollard 20 touches per game? And people think this is a smart comment?

starfan1

Reaction score
Recap........after Murray's record season, the Jones went from anyone can run behind this OL ( excuse not to pay Murray), Joe Randell blowing up on their face, to trying to bring Murray back after his Chip Kelly issues, to using the 4 overall on Zeke. All this within a year..... the end 2014 season to the start of 2016.
Well to be fair McFadden had a decent year so anybody could run behind that line I think we had Morris then as well

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He ain't lying.......he's quickly becoming one of my favorite media guys.

You can't get the run game going when teams load up on the line of scrimmage and dare your QB to throw the ball, and when he does he's terrible at it. The Cowboys may have led the league in "3 and outs" last season. I hear Jimmy G may be available.............................................................

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just saying, that sounds a lot like Garrett Ball that we all hated!

But he is correct!! Kelena needs to work on TOP and ball control. Fast scoring drives just allows more time for the opponent to catch up!

And it'll keep our lethal defence better rested.