Ric Ocasek of the Cars passes away

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-ocasek-idUSKBN1W1017

Ric Ocasek, lead singer of the 1980s hook-heavy hitmakers The Cars, has died at the age of 75, New York media reported on Sunday.

Ocasek’s death was reported by NBC 4 New York and the New York Post. Reuters could not immediately confirm those reports.

A New York Police spokesman said that a 75-year-old male was found unresponsive at a townhouse on 19th street in the city at approximately 4 p.m. on Sunday and pronounced dead at the scene.

There for about a 6 year period the Cars were absolutely huge. RIP.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy Moly.

I listen to classic rock a lot and still hear The Cars a couple times a day. They were huge in the MTV days with their videos always in heavy rotation. This is very surprising news to me and I am saddened to hear of his passing.

RIP.

tumblr_n1gw06iXbs1s39ce6o1_250.gif

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
"Let the good times roll" lead singer/ cars ,done gone country @aged75
,,,I ain't trailing behind that cool quirky kinda' cat all that much on the odometer, anyways,,, now some of you elder fellows might wanna cast a cursory gander at yer' calendars,,,maybeo_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He never looked particularly healthy, I guess that's partly because I didn't realize how old he was.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
RIP indeed

Btw, youtube a couple kive versions of Candy O. Pretty cool
Sometimes I forget how tight those guys could be on stage.
The lead guitarist—Elliot Easton— was underrated
Lead vocalist (often anyway) Ben Orr was talented and cool. A Decent bassist too

Yep, always liked Easton as a player. He always played the right notes at the right time.