Video: Rich Eisen's advice on Zeke Elliot

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by J12B, Dec 4, 2021.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,317 Messages
    28,073 Likes Received
    Put Zeke on ice until he is 100%.

2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

31,340 Messages
    25,491 Likes Received
    They need to rest Zeke if he’s injured, not because of Pollard. If you are going to start Pollard, you also better plan on feeding him a lot of carries, and not throwing over thirty times a game, because he’ll probably be exposed in pass blocking. And the OL is clearly not playing elite right now, though it’s adequate, in part because Zeke is also back there.

3. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

31,340 Messages
    25,491 Likes Received
    I agree.

Zeke needs to be rested because he’s injured, not because of Pollard. If Pollard is in, defenses are going to bring extra rushers more often than not. And they may just get away with rushing four more often than not.

4. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

16,437 Messages
    23,940 Likes Received
    Rest Zeke and he will blow up to 250.

5. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

15,407 Messages
    21,410 Likes Received
    That’s more than I ever get for work lol. In all honesty when I was back in my hay day and competing in martial arts I’d have a fight a month. It’s not the same thing but considering pro fighters now (not at all saying I was at that level) get 6 months off 10 days should be enough for him to get some well needed rest on that knee.

Ranching likes this.
  6. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

7,816 Messages
    11,845 Likes Received
    If Moore was more creative Zeke wouldn't be beat to hell from running up the middle with no blocking. If he does that with Pollard we'll have two beat to hell running backs.

Mr_437 likes this.
  7. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

9,214 Messages
    9,935 Likes Received
    That's the problem. KM shouldn't have TP running Zeke's plays. Pollard n CeeDee should have their own special group of plays to maximize their skill set.

The Cowboys won't win in the playoffs without healthy Zeke from earlier in the season, and they may be tinkering with him not getting back to form. Hopefully, these 10 days helps a lot.

8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,002 Messages
    74,054 Likes Received

bigE79 likes this.
  9. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    35,784 Messages
    66,941 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Ranching likes this.
  10. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

9,376 Messages
    10,176 Likes Received
    Watch the games. Pollard has a LOT more than a few good plays. He runs hard and breaks tackles. Both should be playing, but Pollard just needs more touches then he's getting.

Starting RB doesn't really matter anymore. It's not the 90s.

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,002 Messages
    74,054 Likes Received

I need muh blocking tho.

bigE79 and TheHerd like this.
  12. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

9,376 Messages
    10,176 Likes Received
    Pollard's tough running doesn't get enough attention. He breaks a lot of tackles - he's not just a gadget guy.

And obviously he can make people miss - on the TD run against the Saints, the DE was unblocked 5 yards in the backfield.

Mr_437 likes this.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,002 Messages
    74,054 Likes Received
    Yep.. Pollard is one of the best yards after contact runners in football. Not bad for a supposed scat back.

While it may be unwise to overreact to one recent example against a top-notch defense, this isn't some recent trend. Pollard has been outperforming Elliott for three consecutive seasons now, he just doesn't receive as many touches as Zeke. Let's take a closer look at more eye-popping stats suggesting Pollard should be the Cowboys' starting running back instead.

https://sportsnaut.com/time-for-dallas-cowboys-start-tony-pollard-over-ezekiel-elliott/

14. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    21,218 Messages
    19,329 Likes Received
    Missed that chance
    Should have sit for saints game and got the long rest

Mr_437 likes this.
  15. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

13,004 Messages
    19,529 Likes Received
    I dont just sit and look at the TV when the game is on what I stated is the truth

16. Reezy

Reezy Well-Known Member

304 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    I don’t think they sit him until we win in Washington this week - then 2 weeks of rest until the Cardinals game

TheHerd likes this.
  17. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

8,438 Messages
    8,802 Likes Received
    Me too!

J12B likes this.
  18. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

8,438 Messages
    8,802 Likes Received
    “Pollard haters”?

19. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

7,815 Messages
    13,694 Likes Received
    It's mind-blowing how many people don't understand the importance of Zeke's blocking. Pollard can't do that regularly with his build. He just can't. I agree Zeke needs some rest for the stretch, but Pollard for longer than is absolutely necessary? Heck no.

20. Havic

Havic Well-Known Member

961 Messages
    1,452 Likes Received
    Pollard needs to be starting until Zeke is 100%