Video: Rich Eisen's advice on Zeke Elliot

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by J12B, Dec 4, 2021.

1. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

56,778 Messages
    64,336 Likes Received
    Too bad no one will take this advice. Except for those of us who agrees.
    Watch how many posts and threads after yours, the same ones will spew the same thing.

Ranching likes this.
  2. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

16,437 Messages
    23,940 Likes Received
    Yes. Always whining about how he can’t block. Can’t be a bell cow. Only gets home runs because Zeke wears a defense down. Defenses won’t focus on him. Nothing he does satisfies them. Always some excuse why he can do things Zeke can’t.

That is how Zeke haters are treated right, or do you guys just think you’re giving honest feedback but Zeke haters aren’t?

3. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    34,982 Messages
    89,754 Likes Received
    They are Madden players and gave no idea

jazzcat22 likes this.
  4. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

3,267 Messages
    2,340 Likes Received
    I need clarification. If Zeke is in "Pain" wouldn't the pain come from an "injury" unless his pain is coming from heart break. Zeke is obviously injured, and he knows if he sits on the sidelines Pollard will run away with the touches. I'm a huge Zeke fan but I can see that he has lost some of his moxy. It all started with his "read and pick your hole style" of running ala Laveon Bell. Old Zeke would hit the hole fast and surge for a minimal 3 yards. Now all that is gone. The acceleration has left him.

5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

39,340 Messages
    17,976 Likes Received
    Not a very good time to compare Zeke and Pollard with Zeke being injured. Eisen failed to mention Zeke not being healthy. It’s been obvious since Pollard arrived that he has more burst than Zeke and he’s probably faster. That doesn’t make him the better back. When Zeke has a big game it’s full of a lot of dirty runs where he’s pushing the pile and breaking tackles. When Pollard has a big game it’s usually due to one or two big runs. In six of his carries against New Orleans he only came up with 13 yards but had one carry for 58. Pollard is definitely a game breaker but he’s not going to wear down a defense and he’s not going to give you those 4 to 10 yard push the pile runs.

He’s a great change of pace back but unless we have to go with him for two or three games without Zeke I’m not convinced he would be a good every down back. He’s had his share of negative carries. Just a couple of years ago against Philly in a huge game that had the division title on the line he took a loss on a third and one. Everyone during the game chat was screaming why we gave it to him. He’s not going to consistently give you the tough yards.

6. Ranching

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    34,982 Messages
    89,754 Likes Received
    There is a huge difference between pain and injury....most players play with pain.....it's not even worth trying to explain.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  7. Ranching

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    34,982 Messages
    89,754 Likes Received
    Do you really think that the team doctors would allow him to play if he was injured....especially with his contract? Pain is manageable....jeez, it's just pain....

jazzcat22 likes this.
  8. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

9,376 Messages
    10,176 Likes Received
    No one is saying Zeke can’t or shouldn’t be playing, and his blocking on blitz pickups is the best in the league. Just use Pollard more than we are using him now.

Even the ex-Cowboy players on the shows are saying Zeke isn’t just dinged up - he’s injured. Maybe after WFT they give him a week off to heal. Or sit him for the WFT game give him 2 1/2 weeks

9. fansince68

3,267 Messages
    2,340 Likes Received
    ????? If it's just "pain" and not an injury, why is Zekes performance obviously degraded? And don't try to say you haven't seen a decline in the last 4 weeks. Or will you blame it on the o line? Mannn I love Zeke. He's either injured or just over the hill. His decline is very noticeable.

10. Ranching

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    34,982 Messages
    89,754 Likes Received
    He and Parsons had the same average between the tackles.....I guess Parsons if hurt too.! Lol. If you don't get it, you don't get it...

11. fansince68

3,267 Messages
    2,340 Likes Received
    We are discussing the running attack. What does that have to do with Parsons? Who gets it?

12. Ranching

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    34,982 Messages
    89,754 Likes Received
    I meant pollard....my bad

13. fansince68

3,267 Messages
    2,340 Likes Received
    "Pollard" had a 10.1 average on 7 carries. Zeke had 3.5 average on 13 carries for 45 yards. Who gets it?

14. fansince68

3,267 Messages
    2,340 Likes Received
    Dropping this convo because obviously I don't "get it".....smh

15. Ranching

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    34,982 Messages
    89,754 Likes Received
    I said between the tackles....you guys want him to be a full time back....he's not....he's a great change up...

16. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    It’s easy to see Zeke is hurt and crazy they haven’t sat him out to rest.

17. Ranching

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    34,982 Messages
    89,754 Likes Received
    Sthu.....you have no idea. Go back to madden

18. Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover Well-Known Member

8,145 Messages
    5,147 Likes Received
    I stopped reading at your first sentence. If course u saw zrkes 3 yard runs. And all of Tony's too.
    Our o line and scheme are broken not zeke or Tony.

Hopefully....Dallas comes to their senses and rest zeke. Then you will see. 3 yard runs up the gut and one long play for a td. Hopefully....dak survives. Just do it and shut you up.

CATCH17 likes this.
  19. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

11,129 Messages
    10,067 Likes Received
    Zeke is terrible, he's not even starting quality in the league at this point... Below average.

20. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

7,815 Messages
    13,694 Likes Received
    You are mistaken about the bolded. It's been claimed several times over this season by some people on this forum. I agree that Pollard should be used more, but some are saying he's better than Zeke which simply isn't true. He's better in a change of pace situation. Zeke appears to be injured. And that is why I said "for longer than is absolutely necessary" as far as replacing Zeke with Pollard.

The O-line went from a reliable strength to a bit of a weakness so blitz pickup blocking is crucial. Zeke needs to heal for sure. I'm not sure the WFT game is the game to do that. It might be crucial in the division race with WFT. A concern is that Moore is showing a Garrett penchant for abandoning the run early. Even sitting Zeke and putting Pollard in might not matter much if that's the case and make blitz pick ups that much harder.

TheHerd likes this.