Video: Rich Eisen's advice on Zeke Elliot

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree.

Zeke needs to be rested because he’s injured, not because of Pollard. If Pollard is in, defenses are going to bring extra rushers more often than not. And they may just get away with rushing four more often than not.
Some people think they know football because they see a Stat that looks really cool. Tony has them.

But when he has to build that run game all on his own....while covering for a broken o line....
Maybe not so easy.
He won't be able to just do his signature plays....but get beat up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spoken like a true zeke and osu fan. Look I have no illusions that zeke can pick up the blitzes better but I don’t believe pollard is useless.

sit zeke for a couple weeks
Did I say Tony was useless? What the hell dude....that is some unfair bllsht

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I stopped reading at your first sentence. If course u saw zrkes 3 yard runs. And all of Tony's too.
Our o line and scheme are broken not zeke or Tony.

Hopefully....Dallas comes to their senses and rest zeke. Then you will see. 3 yard runs up the gut and one long play for a td. Hopefully....dak survives. Just do it and shut you up.

lol I like this post.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yes. Always whining about how he can’t block. Can’t be a bell cow. Only gets home runs because Zeke wears a defense down. Defenses won’t focus on him. Nothing he does satisfies them. Always some excuse why he can do things Zeke can’t.

That is how Zeke haters are treated right, or do you guys just think you’re giving honest feedback but Zeke haters aren’t?
Pollard haters, Zeke haters—the whole “haters” terminology is stupid. If I say Pollard can’t block like Zeke, that’s simply stating an opinion that most people agree with. Doesn’t make me a “Pollard hater”, just like I’m not a “Zeke hater” if I say Pollard’s faster. Zeke’s our bell cow, but he’s injured, and just not the same. He needs rest. Pollard’s our new Felix Jones—a good change up guy who should “hold the fort”. I don’t hate either one, and most of us agree, what’s best for the team is the priority—use Pollard and rest Zeke for the stretch run. We’ll need both healthy. No room for “haters”.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Remember that time Zeke set out after being terrible all season and Pollard started and made a huge impact with a larger role behind a terrible oline…? Good times

Zeke’s blitz pickup was not missed on that day.

rambo2

Reaction score
You use him like Christian McCaffrey. Simple as that.

He should be the featured back and used this way when Zeke is back as well.

Zeken can be a closer or whatever. Let him have a 2007 MB3 role. But stop taking playmakers off the field for play wasters. Especially when your excuse to be worse is stuff like contracts and blocking. Go sign a fullback.
McCaffrey is out for the season again. That's what happens.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
McCaffrey is out for the season again. That's what happens.

Because the position he plays. You don’t give RBs their second contract and expect what they did on their rookie deal.. See Zeke Elliot for further evidence…

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Because the position he plays. You don’t give RBs their second contract and expect what they did on their rookie deal.. See Zeke Elliot for further evidence…

The shelf life of a Rb is becoming increasingly shorter without a fullback.

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
Exactly. It’s not like Pollard sucks. He’s playing amazing. Feature him.

Heck, give Corey Clement some carries!

Sit Zeke for a few weeks and let him get himself together.

I genuinely don’t understand the thinking of not doing it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Pollard haters, Zeke haters—the whole “haters” terminology is stupid. If I say Pollard can’t block like Zeke, that’s simply stating an opinion that most people agree with. Doesn’t make me a “Pollard hater”, just like I’m not a “Zeke hater” if I say Pollard’s faster. Zeke’s our bell cow, but he’s injured, and just not the same. He needs rest. Pollard’s our new Felix Jones—a good change up guy who should “hold the fort”. I don’t hate either one, and most of us agree, what’s best for the team is the priority—use Pollard and rest Zeke for the stretch run. We’ll need both healthy. No room for “haters”.
Homers, haters, it’s how the online game is played.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's the problem. KM shouldn't have TP running Zeke's plays. Pollard n CeeDee should have their own special group of plays to maximize their skill set.

The Cowboys won't win in the playoffs without healthy Zeke from earlier in the season, and they may be tinkering with him not getting back to form. Hopefully, these 10 days helps a lot.

I sincerely hope the 10 days help Zeke get right.. or as close to right as possible without a month off. And we really need to sort out that offensive line mess.