Twitter: Rick Gosselin tweet on lack of penalties

mmohican29

Reaction score
Another "statistical anomaly," just like last year when Dallas went 10 games (!) without drawing an accepted offensive holding penalty.

Crazy.

I've long said that the next Dallas Cowboys team to win the Super Bowl will have to be one of the greatest football teams of all time.

1) The Dallas Microscope
2) The NFL Bias against Dallas (there is no question it exists)
3) Jerry Jones

The mental toughness a Cowboys team will need to go the distance is beyond imagination. There are so many people waiting for this team's failure and so many people in between that can contribute to that end- teams, coaches, the Commish, the refs- all of it.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1/6 of those games have come against the Cowboys?!

That's seriously not just a coincidence

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh, no doubt there were missed calls. That happens every game and to every team. But if people want to crunch numbers, the Eagles have had only 4 penalties called on them the past 3 games before this one when they have had double that and games in double digits earlier in the season. It's not far-fetched to conclude that their coaches have them playing cleaner ball. But no one looks at that. They find a bread trail that want to believe and follow it with blinders on. Emotion will do that.

Except they didn’t play a cleaner game.

There were a handful of patently obvious calls they missed. I mean holy crap how do you miss their C five yards down the field?

rynochop

Reaction score
He's so up and down for me. Sometimes I think he does a good job and then ithers? Ugh!

It was galling to have to watch that "great Wentz pass play" while both announcers ignore the clear hold right in front of their face!
Same with collinsworth for me. Al michaels needs to retire, he sounds old of late

dwreck27

Reaction score
The officials called almost nothing all night.

What are you talking about??

That one ref on the eagles line threw at least 4 in a series...

Illegal motion

False start

Holding? If im remembering that one right

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same with collinsworth for me. Al michaels needs to retire, he sounds old of late

I've never heard somebody so out of touch as Al Michaels. Several times, he was doing plugs and referred to it as MarVelle's Avengers or MarVelle's Black Panther. I mean, seriously? Even if you've never been to a movie this century, shouldn't you know how to pronounce that?

erod

Reaction score
What are you talking about??

That one ref on the eagles line threw at least 4 in a series...

Illegal motion

False start

Holding? If im remembering that one right
Motion and false starts call themselves. They could have gotten Byron Jones for PI on a deep ball.

They missed a couple holds on Philly though for sure.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Motion and false starts call themselves. They could have gotten Byron Jones for PI on a deep ball.

They missed a couple holds on Philly though for sure.
So do holding calls and its already been pasted on this website up and down about wilson getting choked down from behind

Cant defend that and have a ref who was just flag "trigger" happy

mldardy

Reaction score
I've always felt the NFL had something against the Cowboys and has become increasingly more noticeable to me this year with the ridiculous call in Washington on the FG attempt to tie the game, the hit on Mariotta to keep that drive alive last Monday night, these phantom holding calls when we get in scoring position, etc. I feel like ever since Jerry went at Goodell they have it out for us at times.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Except they didn’t play a cleaner game.

There were a handful of patently obvious calls they missed. I mean holy crap how do you miss their C five yards down the field?

Did you not read where I said there were missed calls tonight and there are in every game? And you ignored my point just like I stated the trend to be with "truthers."

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Its puzzling how the Cowboys always seem to have several holding calls every game and the opposing team has one seemingly every 5 to 6 games. Nearly every big play thrown against the Cowboys seems to start with the offensive line holding. Beyond frustrating.

Chappy

Reaction score
Goodell trying to match last seasons effort when we went 50+ Qtrs without a holding call on our defenders?

#corrupt

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry tried to take out King Goddell last season by blocking his extension...…….it didnt work

Ever heard the saying, if you aim for the King, dont miss?...………….well Jerry missed and now you are seeing the payback.

I am actually surprised there wasn't a phantom call on that last play to give the Eagles another chance.