Twitter: Rick Gosselin tweet on lack of penalties

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
How can anyone defend this?

They can't. Fans notice this and people think we are making it up. There were two ridiculous misses on penalties and both were big plays for the Eagles. It isn't coincidence.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Shout out to the guys who always say that the Cowboys don't get treated differently then all the other teams.

Remember the 5 games or whatever it was without a hold last year? lol.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Billionaires don't become billionaires by not making as much money they can because they don't like somebody. As you said and I did too, cowboys will draw ratings and cash for the NFL no matter what their record is. But can you imagine the ratings and money of they would win a super bowl? 3 of 4 like they did in the 90s? So again, the conspiracy crowd who think they are in our side has a better and more logical argument than we do. With that said, it's dumb as **** too but still not as dumb as ours.

As far as the Dez catch no catch, that was a issue before that game. It was just more noticeable because it was us and it was in the playoffs. The Megatron no catch that started it was closer to a catch than the Dez no catch.

I'll ask, is the refs that are doing it or the league? Are most of the refs anti cowboy where we have the biggest fan base, have the most NFL players who grew up cowboy fans? Stylistically speaking, most refs or at least half are cowboy fans. Is the league telling the refs to make calls against us or don't call penalties against the other team? If so, do you really think this would go on for 40+ years and no one would spill the beans?

Like I said, go to any team forum, especially after a loss and you'll see the fans saying the same things cowboy fans do.

Btw, there are 23 teams more penalized than us. Watch the game or any game with the same critical eye you do with the cowboys and you'll see missed and bad calls on every team.

Dismissed your opinion shortly after you said Johnson catch was closer to a catch than the Dez catch.

A) Both were catches

B) rules at time required a player retain possession of ball through the catch process. Johnson ditched the ball while on the ground getting up to celebrate, thus the opportunity to overturn. He caught it, but left himself open to rule interpretation.

Dez had caught the ball, switched hands and turned upfield and dove for the goal line in attempt to score, ball coming loose with ground contact, but no visible evidence of actually losing control of the ball completely.

Dez passed all criteria for catch, before or after rules change. Johnson, not so much.

blueblood70

Reaction score
seriously I see it we all do, if its collusion and conspiracy it needs to be addressed, if I was Garett/Jerry/Stephen im scheduling meeting with a butt load of film to go to league office this week and point this out..threaten if it doesnt change they will go to more extremes and make this all public..

I sure hope letters are being sent because some ticky tack pentlys like on our Long snapper lost us agame and others like Brown barely moving forward at the snap etc get called but Bear Hugs on our Dline do not?

Be fair or beware letters..at the very least this being brought up we get the better calls during the stretch run that turns some favor and wins toward us..this smacks of conspiracy not coincidence..

Little Jr

Reaction score
Dismissed your opinion shortly after you said Johnson catch was closer to a catch than the Dez catch.

A) Both were catches

B) rules at time required a player retain possession of ball through the catch process. Johnson ditched the ball while on the ground getting up to celebrate, thus the opportunity to overturn. He caught it, but left himself open to rule interpretation.

Dez had caught the ball, switched hands and turned upfield and dove for the goal line in attempt to score, ball coming loose with ground contact, but no visible evidence of actually losing control of the ball completely.

Dez passed all criteria for catch, before or after rules change. Johnson, not so much.
Lol dismissed yours as soon as you showed yourself as a conspiracy theorist.

We agree, both should've been catches if not for a dumb rule. Agree to disagree which was closer. Either way, both, according to the rule, weren't catches. When I say the CJ one I was shocked. When I saw the Dez one, I told the guy sitting beside me that I don't think that was a catch . Once I saw the replay, I called a no catch and I had multiple cowboy fans at Hooters call me crazy. Everything in the rule to say it wasnt a catch happened on that play . To me it was a pretty easy call.

So is it the refs conspiring against us or the league? Maybe both?

MeTed

Reaction score
So do holding calls and its already been pasted on this website up and down about wilson getting choked down from behind

Cant defend that and have a ref who was just flag "trigger" happy

Nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

DrxYY7aWoAAK2zd.jpg

cmoney23

Reaction score
I saw penalties on their O-line all night
I :rolleyes:LOVED :rolleyes: watching them break down how Wilson had Wentz's arm over and over but failing to mention that the right tackle was blatantly holding him. That was a common miss all night.
Their Oline holding.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
The one that really sticks out to me, was a 3rd and like 9 I think, and Wentz hits Ertz I believe for the 1st down, WITH THEIR CENTER % YARDS UP FIELD BEFORE THE BALL WAS THROWN...even the booth bunnies were like uhhhh, that illegal player down field. Just show;s, JJ's arrogance ahs bled into the league to screw him at every turn or game.

Reaction score
I :rolleyes:LOVED :rolleyes: watching them break down how Wilson had Wentz's arm over and over but failing to mention that the right tackle was blatantly holding him. That was a common miss all night.
Their Oline holding.

They're both Cowboy haters, what do you expect?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just noticed this morning Philly had zero penalties. Of course Dallas only had 5. Has to be the least penalized game of the year. I saw penalties that should have been called on both teams that the refs missed, but it's a little unfathomable they didn't find a single penalty to call against Philly.