Rico Gathers enters plea agreement stemming from marijuana arrest

Them

Reaction score
...Simply Amazing...I just know if I were to play in the NFL...making some big bucks...I would not smoke grass. (after I retired, that's a different story :).)
But I am so tired of these players who take up roster spots smoking...If they can't control themselves, let them go, and give there spot to someone who can help the team...
F3Vk3ef.png

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Who thought he would make the roster regardless?

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
You're insight is shattering, but not correct. Chances are, those people were already lazy and stupid. Like anything, those who can't adhere to moderation will indeed have issues. But there are plenty of dope heads who live productive lives.
Now regarding football players who smoke? Yes, THEY are stupid.
When he says he hired and then fired folks that smoked dope because of performance. I absolutely believe him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
At least suspended players don’t count against your 53 roster
That might keep him from getting cut. If he's off the roster at the start of the season, you don't cut him until he might come back, and then you see if you were hit with injuries at TE in the meantime.

The other thing that gives Rico an opportunity is that he has 25 lbs on the next largest TE. It's always been about blocking for Rico. Learn how to use all that beef to block, and no one is taking him off an NFL roster.

nobody

Reaction score
Man, there must be a marijuana vending machine in the locker room or something.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
When he says he hired and then fired folks that smoked dope because of performance. I absolutely believe him.

I believe some people have hired and fired people because of drugs; I don't necessarily believe he has.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You're insight is shattering, but not correct. Chances are, those people were already lazy and stupid. Like anything, those who can't adhere to moderation will indeed have issues. But there are plenty of dope heads who live productive lives.
Now regarding football players who smoke? Yes, THEY are stupid.

There are heroin addicts who have successful lives but its the exception rather than the rule . Seen to many young people with drive and ambition start smoking weed and watch the fire disappear from there belly .

They were not lazy or stupid just succumbed to peer pressure and let the weed burn them out and kill there motivation just like we have seen happen in the NFL with these young players .

conner01

Reaction score
That might keep him from getting cut. If he's off the roster at the start of the season, you don't cut him until he might come back, and then you see if you were hit with injuries at TE in the meantime.

The other thing that gives Rico an opportunity is that he has 25 lbs on the next largest TE. It's always been about blocking for Rico. Learn how to use all that beef to block, and no one is taking him off an NFL roster.
His blocking has improved
Honestly I never got why we didn’t work him into the offense but I assume there were issues I don’t know about
But either way his contract ends after this season and he will be someone else’s

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If Rico is suspended, added to his ineptitude, his future with Dallas should be at an end. :thumbdown:

There's gotta be a limit as to how long any player might be allowed to sustain being unproductive.

Last edited: