Video: Rico One-Hand catch today

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Its called being a coach.....Garrett would be doing Rico, Ricos teammates and the fans a a disservice and he did not demand excellence.

Excellence is not in Garrett's vocabulary. If so, he'd had bench Bryant for fumbling the ball. Or he would have bench TWill for not running out of bounds to lose the game against the Giants.

For a guy who has lost so many close games during the waning moments, excellence is not something Garrett is known for.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
not to mention we have the most heavily invested in o-line in the league (maybe history?) blocking shouldn't have to be our tight ends biggest strength

I agree. If were going to run the ball just put in one of our blocking TEs. Its not like were ever fooling anyone that were going to pass to a TE on 1st down.

Witten was the exception. However, I don't ever recall Parcells benching Witten back then because he couldn't block.

Just put him in on the entire preseason game and let him learn.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
What he is trying to say and is right for it is that how many receivers try to be flashy and catch with one hand so they can "impress" a few people and drop a number of balls in doing so. If I was coaching, I would tell these players it is more impressive to catch them and good receivers will do that with good two hands.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I have never been that impressed with most one handed catches. Some are great. Most are extremely overrated. To me, the two handed difficult catch is way more impressive because it shows that a receiver can be fundamentally sound in all situations and more likely to catch almost everything.

That’s not a fair statement. It’s not like he has been dropping the two handed catches. The kid catches everything thrown near him.

The knock on Rico is his blocking in a run-first offense. Like others, I don’t get it. Even if he is a liability as a blocker, he’s still invaluable as a red zone threat on a team lacking those.

And thus far, Rico hasn’t gotten a fair shake in the pre-season. I’d like to see him get some reps with the first team. He has shown that he has chemistry with Dak.

If Rico gets cut, he will sign with another team and be a success. Let’s just hope it isn’t with an NFC East team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The fascination with this chump is unbelievable. He had one decent pre season a year ago, a one handed catch, a lame rap career and some size so people can’t shut up about him. Why do some of you love him so much? What am I missing?
I just like hearing posters complain.

:popcorn:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me, more important than the catch, he's obviously learned to nudge a LB right when he makes his break. As a result, he was wide open.
If they don't keep the kid it's a waste. Short yardage or goal line just throw it high, who stops him without a penalty?
I'm hoping they're keeping him off the radar till fhe season starts.

NotForLong

Reaction score
What he is trying to say and is right for it is that how many receivers try to be flashy and catch with one hand so they can "impress" a few people and drop a number of balls in doing so. If I was coaching, I would tell these players it is more impressive to catch them and good receivers will do that with good two hands.
When it comes down to it and it is time to make a catch, your play pretend coaching dont mean a damn

NotForLong

Reaction score
The fascination with this chump is unbelievable. He had one decent pre season a year ago, a one handed catch, a lame rap career and some size so people can’t shut up about him. Why do some of you love him so much? What am I missing?
You sir are a fascinating CHUMP

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Excellence is not in Garrett's vocabulary. If so, he'd had bench Bryant for fumbling the ball. Or he would have bench TWill for not running out of bounds to lose the game against the Giants.

For a guy who has lost so many close games during the waning moments, excellence is not something Garrett is known for.
Benched? lol Bryant is gone.....TWill if you remember didn't get one target the following the week. You will not give JG credit for any of this so no need for the typical Cowboys fan response to anything positive said about JG.