Rico signs with the Browns

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I'm not exactly going to wring my hands over this. I'd say it's more likely he will be cut by the Browns before he suddenly becomes an All-Pro.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smart move on his part. They have a better chance of reaching the super bowl than Dallas.

I said that after the 2017 season. And got blasted for it.
I created a thread stating the Browns were closer to a SB than Dallas was.

I am picking the Browns to win their division. But I am also picking Dallas to win theirs. Well, if Zeke is not here, I may revise that.

Big D

Reaction score
Smart move on his part. They have a better chance of reaching the super bowl than Dallas.
tenor.gif

The Browns will lucky to get past the steelers let alone the chiefs or patriots.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
tenor.gif

The Browns will lucky to get past the steelers let alone the chiefs or patriots.

I'm missing where I said the Browns WILL BE IN THE SUPER BOWL. Pretty sure I said they had a better chance of reaching the super bowl than Dallas. But what do I know, I tend to forget things when posting drunk.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t really like him but I hope he finds success there. It will just further expose Garrett and the ineptitude that flows down from him.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I don’t really like him but I hope he finds success there. It will just further expose Garrett and the ineptitude that flows down from him.

I think the ineptitude was more keeping him around for three years...not the cutting of him this year.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think the ineptitude was more keeping him around for three years...not the cutting of him this year.

That’s not the ineptitude I was talking about. I was just referring to the general ineptitude that is Jason Garrett, his coaching style, his schemes, and his never ending ability to be outcoached. Rico finding success elsewhere with just be further evidence of his overall inability to not suck at just about everything related to football.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
That’s not the ineptitude I was talking about. I was just referring to the general ineptitude that is Jason Garrett, his coaching style, his schemes, and his never ending ability to be outcoached. Rico finding success elsewhere with just be further evidence of his overall inability to not suck at just about everything related to football.

Yes, I get that, and the whole Rico experiment just adds to the madness that is Jason Garrett.

aria

Reaction score
If he does anything with that team, what does that say about our coaches?
I’d say if he does anything on that team it’s because the insane amount of talent they have on both sides of the ball, especially offense. How could he not be open with Landry, OBJ and when Hunt gets back plus Mayfield chucking the rock. Rico will be the last of any defense’s concerns. I think you would have just as many opportunities to catch the ball with that cast.

JustChip

Reaction score
Nothing really.

Rico got into a mindset that the coaches were the reason he was not having great success.

The majority of people blame someone other than themselves when they fail.

Once he got fixated on that mindset, there was no way to coach him out of it.
- On a new team Rico will feel "wanted".
- On a new team the coaches will just see him for what he can do now.
- I expect him a make some team's roster and play some amount of snaps this season.

Most people probably work with someone that constantly moans and groans about the company.
- If the company is the problem, the employee needs to either strive to improve it or move to another company.
Post if the young season.

If, and that’s a big IF, Rico does have success going forward, many will view that as an indictment of this coaching staff. The reality is that may be warranted, but it’s just as likely that Rico getting “fired” actually motivated him to change. That happens all the time, both in sports and in private business. It’s called a change of scenery.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bennett wasn’t anywhere NEAR one of the better TEs in the league, and he’s STILL a headcase! But yeah, far too often the coaches here try to force square pegs into round holes.
hey dont use my line without credit lol

but Mbennett was better TE then Rico by long shot..he didnt get his shot here because witten was still producing and he left because he got impatient..