Rico signs with the Browns

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Rico had 2 catches for 9 yards in his game with Cleveland. I don't post this to make fun or highlight his efforts but to note that when other teams pick up players off waivers they seem to get them in games to get a look right away while we let our pickups rot on the bench judging by what we see in practice or something.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I can think of one about 30 years ago....Jimmy Smith
Otherwise, pretty rare that we release a player who never played but a few real snaps and that player turned out to be great.

Id say his odds of being great are way less than 1%
If he makes a roster, good for him. No big loss fr Dallas
If he becomes great, well, also good for him, and a scewup for Dallas.

The VAST majority of time, Dallas makes the right choice on guys like this.
Usually we hang on to bad players or jags for way too long

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
And I'd believe every word of it. I hope he flourishes with the Browns. Some teams actually try and get guys involved instead of taking back old spare parts to insert in the roster.
*our good ol' boy's bizness as usual ,members only, country club atmosphere of Coaching, generally gets exposed ,around mid to late season,,, did the article mention how many prospective offers the Rico had gotten?( if any? Other than Cleveland's)

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Rico had 2 catches for 9 yards in his game with Cleveland. I don't post this to make fun or highlight his efforts but to note that when other teams pick up players off waivers they seem to get them in games to get a look right away while we let our pickups rot on the bench judging by what we see in practice or something.

Fans post things like this, but name the last person we signed in the middle of preseason or training camp, and then did not play in a preseason game

Because I'm pretty sure that never happened

DFWJC

Reaction score
Fans post things like this, but name the last person we signed in the middle of preseason or training camp, and then did not play in a preseason game

There arent any.
I was wcratching myhead thinking “what the hell is Marcus talking about”?
Maybe it was happy hour
No big deal

Carson

Reaction score

Not being serious with this post and we drafted him.

But I still don’t think Noah Brown has had a training camp practice or preseason game to this day :)

Bad joke. I know. He has played and practiced.

Didn't have a reception in yesterday's game.

Not surprising. People freak out and expect him to become Kellen Winslow Sr. or Tony Gonzalez. He’s buried on the DC there and if he makes it it’s a 3rd TE.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How did Rico’s playing time compare to the playing time we gave his replacements? Should be a good test of your theory.

jnday

Reaction score
Having Mayfield as his QB may give Rico a chance to be a decent TE. The Browns have put together a promising , young team and a change in scenery may help Rico a lot.

dfense

Reaction score
Nothing that we haven't already known for nearly 10 years.
Gathers sucked. He couldn't beat out average TE's on the roster. If they held onto the slug another year you'd be complaining about holding on to a player for too long who can't contribute.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Gathers made it on the 53

Did he? Or is he just on their reserve/suspended list? They get a week to determine if they like the tight ends on their roster while he is suspended week 1. After their first game they may cut one of their tight ends and bring on Rico or just release him at that time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Did he? Or is he just on their reserve/suspended list? They get a week to determine if they like the tight ends on their roster while he is suspended week 1. After their first game they may cut one of their tight ends and bring on Rico or just release him at that time.
Lol u salty tho

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rico is like that guy we had a few years ago.......kept hanging on due to timely injuries. Matt Johnson