Twitter: Rico suspended for 1 game

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Cowboys will let him go. He will go to a team and make the Pro Bowl. Then, he will get picked up by the Patriots and win a Super Bowl ring. Sounds familiar, Oh that was Martellus Bennett.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not the "I told you so" type, by it was fairly obvious Gathers isn't the NFL type of player. But hey, he was the bomb as a high school junior!

Johnny23

Reaction score
It's always been true with football. How many times do we need to see Jim Nance, Troy Aikman or insert announcer here praise a player for shooting up the one drug that is legally destroying middle America at an epidemic rate. Like they're heroes. It was covered in the " Boys will be Boy" book on our 90s team about the pill popping and the "Great Wall" A Football life episode. Phizer is the number one drug dealer in America and the NFL'S biggest supplier.

Brett Favre nearly pill popped and chased it down with booze like many other America's to the point of destroying his career in Atlanta and Green Bay. Until he had to have an intervention. This is a guy who's. Is MVP at the time and getting prescriptions and guzzling liquor to self medicate.

We praise Enmitt for playing through several hammy issues in the 90s and of course the "Cold Shoulder" game during his MVP season in 1993 but overlook the fact he was one some pain meds that are opiate based to get through the rest of the game aforementioned and the entire playoff run.

I don't think we should be so flippant about this anymore. Patrick Willis and Calvin Johnson retired in their prime citing the fact they didn't wanna become addicted to pain pills as part of way they walked away.

This is a real issue and these players past and present know the teams want them high on vicodine or perks as much as possible if it means getting wins on Sunday.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
It's always been true with football. How many times do we need to see Jim Nance, Troy Aikman or insert announcer here praise a player for shooting up the one drug that is legally destroying middle America at an epidemic rate. Like they're heroes. It was covered in the " Boys will be Boy" book on our 90s team about the pill popping and the "Great Wall" A Football life episode. Phizer is the number one drug dealer in America and the NFL'S biggest supplier.

Brett Favre nearly pill popped and chased it down with booze like many other America's to the point of destroying his career in Atlanta and Green Bay. Until he had to have an intervention. This is a guy who's. Is MVP at the time and getting prescriptions and guzzling liquor to self medicate.

We praise Enmitt for playing through several hammy issues in the 90s and of course the "Cold Shoulder" game during his MVP season in 1993 but overlook the fact he was one some pain meds that are opiate based to get through the rest of the game aforementioned and the entire playoff run.

I don't think we should be so flippant about this anymore. Patrick Willis and Calvin Johnson retired in their prime citing the fact they didn't wanna become addicted to pain pills as part of way they walked away.

This is a real issue and these players past and present know the teams want them high on vicodine or perks as much as possible if it means getting wins on Sunday.

Drugs are obtained with prescriptions through pharmacies, not directly from pharmaceutical companies (who sell in bulk to distributors).
And more than 90% of opioid Rx's are generic, so the pharm corp gains nothing from that.

Controlled substances must be controlled, or the DEA, DPS, and state boards can take our license.
Therefore, teams do have access to or "hand out" opioids like candy; every Rx is an individual contract between Dr and patient.

Players want to play and get paid, and teams want them to play. If their pain becomes chronic, associated with continued sports activity, then the player may be motivated to keep going and just deal with it, or may have wisely invested most of his millions, and wave good-bye; it's totally their decision based on their specific case.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Shoot, this South Texas fan is in favor of suspenders...

eb48bb88e9ecb11f8c48139a0e4e0245.jpg

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lol. And he has collected over a million dollars playing or not playing for us. Due over 500k this year.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I actually don't agree, I am more of a health food treatments (yes even for pain) kind of guy. I have taken 4 tylenol in the past week and hate to even do that, but plantar fascitis had me in misery.

Ive been a chronic (level 8-9 pain) on and off since 2003. Weed isnt gonna relieve the pain as much as its gonna help you cope with the pain. I simply cant take those opioids. They constipate me and then i need more meds for that. Lol. They usually just numb a small portion of the pain anyways. I dont take any pain meds whatsoever. They tear my body up and make me feel worse. I dont even take Tylenol.

The pills actually help more with numbing the pain but have to many bad side effects. The problem is the pills dont really help you cope with the pain unless you drink about 6-12 beers with them. Ive been there and done that. Sure youll start off w 1 pill and a few beers but then youll find yourself taking 2 and a 12 pack eventually once the addiction and tolerance builds up.

My problem is im not a very good drinker either. I dont like the hangover/ grogginess that it makes me feel either . Trouble just seems to stick to me like glue when im drinking and makes me do stupid crazy immoral stuff that ive never done when i smoke or sober.

Im either gonna stick w sobriety or do what 70% of these athletes are doing because thats the only thing that works for me thats not addictive or harmful to myself or others. I can tolerate the most excruciating pain but the little buzz helps me cope with it.

Using weed is simply a morality issue with me. Not only do I care about not poisoning my body with addictive harmful pills and alcohol but i do stupid immoral sh.. When i abuse alcohol and pills and I dont like being out of control.

You take weed off the streets and force these viral aggressive athletes to use pills and Alcohol and there would be daily occurrences of lewd behaviors, assaults, overdoses, car wrecks, and Deaths.

Ive never acted out of control or done anything immoral under the influence of weed not one single time. Unless you count using weed immoral. But you fill me up on Booze and pills and I know Im gonna spin out of control and do something stupid or immoral or harmful to you or myself.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Cowboys will let him go. He will go to a team and make the Pro Bowl. Then, he will get picked up by the Patriots and win a Super Bowl ring. Sounds familiar, Oh that was Martellus Bennett.

Whats funny is MB was treated like the #2 te and only allowed to block most of the time and everybody on God Green Earth knew he had better Red Zone Skillsets than all of the other Tes combined.

How come we cant have the traditional red zone go up and get a ball receiving tes whose main objective is to score and draw coverage away from our wrs instead of these possession receiving checkdown tes

Johnny23

Reaction score
Drugs are obtained with prescriptions through pharmacies, not directly from pharmaceutical companies (who sell in bulk to distributors).
And more than 90% of opioid Rx's are generic, so the pharm corp gains nothing from that.

Controlled substances must be controlled, or the DEA, DPS, and state boards can take our license.
Therefore, teams do have access to or "hand out" opioids like candy; every Rx is an individual contract between Dr and patient.

Players want to play and get paid, and teams want them to play. If their pain becomes chronic, associated with continued sports activity, then the player may be motivated to keep going and just deal with it, or may have wisely invested most of his millions, and wave good-bye; it's totally their decision based on their specific case.
Team Doctors. And these Big Pharma companies make billions.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
If 70% of NFL players are putting their Bodies, careers, and lifelong dreams on the line and resorting to breaking laws and NFL rules without cheating to stay off harmful pills and Alcohol that should speak volumes in itself. The NFL NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS.

The problem is alot the "do gooders and rule makers" have experienced brief bouts w pain but they really dont have a clue how hard it is to cope and struggle with pain and still perform everyday of their entire life. Even boxers have lengthy time outs between fights and these football players dont.

How Healthy is it to abuse alcohol and pills for your entire life? Signing up to play football is a lifelong dream for some but the reality is youre probably gonna live in pain w disabilities all your life not just your career.

How many of these do gooders, Sportswriters, and rule makers have a career that inflicts so much pain and disabilities on their body like being in a heavyweight fight or car wreck every week and are expected to never miss a beat.

Stephen a Smith only has a problem with the "RULE BREAKERS" NOT THE WEED USERS AS DO MOST OF US. But his profession doesnt require for him to get his *** kicked VIOLENTLY Every week and have the pressure to show up to work only to take even more abuse and perform. He prolly calls in sick every time he gets a hang nail or a runny nose OR IS HUNGOVER!!! LOL.

He works in an office and doesnt have a violent contact profession that pretty much leaves you disabled and in pain with the pressure to perform every week. So who is he to run his fmouth comparing a sports journalist, an Nba player, or a checker at Wal-Mart to a NFL Player who plays a VIOLENT CONTACT SPORT.

I think his mind is skewed because weed is EVEN MORE RAMPANT in the NBA and he interviews these diva basketball players who are legally stoned in a Cheech and Chong basketball league.

THE NBA IS NOT EVEN A VIOLENT CONTACT SPORT LIKE THE NFL!!! BUT THE SAME PRESSURE TO PERFORM AT A HIGH LEVEL STILL EXISTS. THESE DIVAS ARENT PLAYING A VIOLENT CONTACT SPORT YET THE NBA LEAGUE IS RIDDLED WITH WIDESPREAD WEED USE WHICH IS MORE RECREATIONAL USE THEN MEDICINAL AND IS NOT COMPARABLE TO THE NFL WHATSOEVER

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suspect sometime during training camp Rico will be suspended from the Cowboys for life.

ShortRound

Reaction score
My brother said it really helped him overcome the chemo. The nausea mostly but it gave him an appetite. Gave him lots of good days before the end. The guy I responded too is an idiot for what he said.

My condolences man