Rico was left on IR even tho he was healthy

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He says it took 7 weeks to clear him.

Rico Gathers confirms he was cleared from concussion after Week 7, says Cowboys left him on IR.
Plus the 4 weeks of TC..... that was 11 weeks

I don't think so...... not on a glancing blow

exciter

Reaction score
For those of you expressing your disdain for Rico, what do you know about him? What does any of us know about him and his ability to play this game?

Maybe we all ought to take a chill pill and let the guy sink or swim without assuming anything.

ballchl-large_1.jpg
Well in the last year we've learned that he has no concept of route running and that despite his size, he can't block for crap. On the other hand, if you're playig a game of street ball he's your man!

Billyd

Reaction score
a lot of guys on here were saying he was being stashed on IR to prevent other teams from poaching him off the PS. He certainly wasn't ready for the active 53 man roster. He would have been a place holder only. Doesn't play ST's. If we lose a draft pick because of it, it's because of Rico's big mouth and he has shown that he has one with his tweets. Kind of reminding me of Marty B without the blocking skills in that sense

We wont.this type of Ir Is acceptible to use this way..Rico truely thought he had accomplished alot getting ready to play..The concussion busted him, then Stephen dirtied him.some more..On the flipside Rico doesnt have much elevator!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This is what IR is for. Keeping players who won't be healthy for significant periods of time.

kumizi

Reaction score
"The biggest thing for me this year is just making it to the regular season. I have to make sure I’m healthy and make sure I’m able to be on somebody’s 53-man roster"

LOL he ain't making this team

Pants

Reaction score
Quick Quiz

"Which is the Dumbest?"
a) Rico (dumb as a box or rocks, or in his supah-supah-dj world "rox")
b) Garrett's process
c) Me for looking at ANOTHER 127 posts about a guy that can't even win a 4th string TE position in a group that no one past the 1st stringer would play in 2017
d) all of the above

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was the lazy path of least resistance. It was a way to get more on the roster without having to actually cut someone. Typical shortsightedness from the staff and f.o.

I thought you said it was specifically for Kellen Moore ...

In any case, your comment doesn't change what I said about the team being able to get Gathers on the roster if they really felt he was ready to make a difference. Since they obviously didn't feel he was, it was actually very smart not to use a roster spot on a 4th TE, and that's especially true with the hindsight knowledge that Gathers wasn't even cleared to practice until Game 7.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Rico Gathers
Adrian Hamilton
Kevin Sweeney
Woody Dantzler

There's always a player the fan base turns into something they're just not.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rico Gathers
Adrian Hamilton
Kevin Sweeney
Woody Dantzler

There's always a player the fan base turns into something they're just not.

Darius Jackson last year. There was an uproar when he was released, but he has been released by a couple of other teams since.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I thought you said it was specifically for Kellen Moore ...

In any case, your comment doesn't change what I said about the team being able to get Gathers on the roster if they really felt he was ready to make a difference. Since they obviously didn't feel he was, it was actually very smart not to use a roster spot on a 4th TE, and that's especially true with the hindsight knowledge that Gathers wasn't even cleared to practice until Game 7.
It was for Kellen Moore. They released Moore. Then put Rico on IR and was able to claim Moore back because no one wanted him

conner01

Reaction score
Rico runs a 4.75 on his best day
If 40 times were everything Jerry rice wouldn’t be in the HOF
He plays fast and at 6’8” and very long arms he doesn’t have to put run people
Whether he makes it in the nfl remains to be seen but he is very athletic and could be just what we need because he is a matchup nightmare for DB’s or LB