Rigorous Workouts Push Driven Johnson

waving monkey

Reaction score
For four days a week and five weeks in the offseason, Lane Johnson arrived at his workouts 90 minutes early ready to get his butt kicked. "All in" isn't aggressive enough to describe how much Johnson wanted to defeat the physical and mental challenge of a lifetime ...

For four days a week and five weeks in the offseason, Lane Johnson arrived at his workouts 90 minutes early ready to get his butt kicked. "All in" isn't aggressive enough to describe how much Johnson wanted to defeat the physical and mental challenge of a lifetime.

Once the 2014 season ended and Johnson was recovered physically, he packed up and headed to Hollywood. There were no fancy suites and no caviar and high-society parties. This was all about business.

Johnson enrolled at MMA Athletics, a program founded by Mixed Martial Arts legend Randy Couture and FOX NFL insider Jay Glazer, an established program that takes athletes' conditioning to an entirely different level.

"I want to be elite at my position in the NFL, and I felt that this would help me get there," Johnson says now, fresh off a training session at the NovaCare Complex. "I have a lot of confidence about what's ahead of me.

"I think I'm getting close to being elite. Last year was a big stepping stone from my rookie year and I just have to be more aggressive and more violent going into Year 3."

Enter the Hollywood workouts, which forced Johnson to vomit nine times in the first three days. Two-hour workouts were divided into four segments -- explosion work, core strengthening and loosening, MMA training and weight training. Johnson pushed sleds, ran hills, explored jiu-jitsu, went into the ring and boxed, worked on his leverage in Greco-Roman wrestling -- all above the waist, and an exercise that demands great leverage -- and further understood the concept of what Glazer and Couture teach: Football is a series of 60 10-second fights.

May the better man win.

linkhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...-Johnson/ce31d97b-4171-48f6-8be4-fe0b75e0aaf1

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
MOV_f0ab78bc_b.jpg

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Wonder if Murray is convincing guys to do this. If I remember correctly Murray is big into MMA training, and he and Glazer are pretty tight.