RIP Bill Walton

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I was surprised no one put this out there. Maybe they did and I missed it. Either way the world lost a good one this weekend. BW was a true original. A great player whose career was cut short due to injury. A great announcer. By all accounts a great all around guy. I loved him as an announcer. Smart, funny, loved the game, knew the game and just an original. May Bill Walton RIP.

Hardline

Reaction score
He had a brother named Bruce that played with the Cowboys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Walton_(American_football)

UCLA-Bruce-Walton.png

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I met Bill Walton once. We went to a Spurs game in the early 90's and after the game noticed that Bill had been calling the game and they were filming the Post-Game Show on the court, there was no one else around, just the TV crew, me and my buddy, we stood off camera and watched them wrap up. After they signed off, I walked over to him, said hello, told him I was a fan and glad to see him broadcasting games, Bill just kinda chuckled and thanked me. I asked for an autograph, looking for some paper, he just grabbed their broadcast game notes with all the assorted stats in it and signed the front. That was very cool, very nice guy.

The game notes were really cool, all those specific and random stats and assorted info announcers spit out during a game were all in there, it was really cool just reading through it.

RIP Bill, thanks for the memory!