RIP "Mad Magazine" sort of

timb2

Reaction score
That is sad because "MAD" was able to keep everyone laughing over social issues,but everyone is so sensitive these days it is crazy.... Loved "Mad" magazine and got my sons reading them when they were young.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Been many many years since I bought a Mad magazine. That said I do have fond memories of reading it. Sad to hear it.
Yes,and that was my first thought after hitting the click, to read the article the other day,was briefly thinking just around what year was it,when I'd bought my last Mad Magazine?,,, er,,, now that "weekly world news" is a different story ,as I know when it went up a nickel to 55 cents( no problem,,, I think when that rag hit at a buck 25,,or 50,I stopped buying it :lmao2:)

o_O

nobody

Reaction score
Did they say the reason? This is surprising....

Easy to surmise....too few subs and sales to keep going because their target audience just doesn't read magazines anymore. They're online.

But if I was someone who had subscribed for a year or two a couple of months ago and then they announced this, I would find it unacceptable to have two new issues and then a bunch of reprinted materials until my subscription ran out.
I'd demand a refund for the remaining time after the new issues.

nobody

Reaction score
Spy vs. Spy was always my favorite part. The rest never really made me laugh. I remember their spoof on Animal House as being almost the same thing as the movie.

I remember one particular part of their spoof of Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan. When Khan is demanding information from Kirk on whatever made called Project Genesis, he says "you have one minute to comply" and Kirk was like "we need more time" and Khan was like "Very well. I am a generous man. You have 60 seconds." That made me laugh as a kid.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Spy vs. Spy was always my favorite part. The rest never really made me laugh. I remember their spoof on Animal House as being almost the same thing as the movie.
I loved Spy vs Spy and Don Martin. Mad will be missed.

Ha-Ha,,, that cartoonist Don Martin was a true treasure, "Capt. Klutz" was my all time favorite.

*the only spoof I can really recall was the one they did on "Death Wish",,, & I faintly recall one on
" A Clockwork Orange " as wello_O

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Ha-Ha,,, that cartoonist Don Martin was a true treasure, "Capt. Klutz" was my all time favorite.

*the only spoof I can really recall was the one they did on "Death Wish",,, & I faintly recall one on
" A Clockwork Orange " as wello_O

I loved Captain Klutz.