Signed by Cowboys Rob Davis hired as coaching assistant *Merge*

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Upon retiring from the NFL, Davis joined the Packers' staff as Director of Player Development. Davis works for Pierce Manufacturing- an industry leader in fire apparatus. Rob helps lead the company's People First culture efforts as senior director of people and culture. Davis left Pierce Manufacturing in January of 2020 to join former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy with the Dallas Cowboys organization.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQR40hiuxQkYMt1QfIaspnXvb30LJKR08PnBbFmcaD2x9ti0ftx

Odd......maybe he's going to be in charge of the analytical department (lol). Players will tune him out real fast......

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Wow...this is something else. We went from Garrett and a few spare imbeciles just kinda staggering around the sidelines, to the Red Army marching on Berlin. :eek:
Good way to put it.
Especially from last year to this one.

Garrett was floundering ugly with no one to turn to.

Corso

Reaction score
Odd......maybe he's going to be in charge of the analytical department (lol). Players will tune him out real fast......
Rob is going to walk in and smack the crap out of the first player's face he sees and then say "Now you won't owe me when I pull your tail out of the shhh.".

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

Rob Davis has not only joined Mike McCarthy's coaching staff in Dallas but his title is assistant head coach, sources said. A surprise considering he's never actually been on a coaching staff. He was director of player development with the Packers, which was under the football operations department.

i

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Now McCarthy is starting to concern me.

I hope he's not dipping into the free agency funds to overstaff

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Davis is a fixer/babysitter. Player gets into a drunken argument with his girlfriend in public....Davis makes the story go away. Players smokin dem TWEEDS lol, that story never gets written either. He's good at it too.

He’s going to find that’s a harder job in Dallas than in Green Bay.

Corso

Reaction score
He’s going to find that’s a harder job in Dallas than in Green Bay.
Nah... wine and dine Jerry. Regale him that he's always the hoss of the boss, but Rob needs muscle.
Rob's muscle is Jerry's muscle.
Jerry can now close some already open relationships with certain players without direct confrontation.

I'm just riffing here...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Now McCarthy is starting to concern me.

I hope he's not dipping into the free agency funds to overstaff

He's surrounding himself with people he knows/trusts. How much you wanna bet there were some backstabbing before he was fired by the Packs.