Rob Davis Plans to Develop Cowboys Locker Room

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I hope they break all the outlets and USB hook ups. Turn up the heat. Plug the toilets up. Make that “locker room” real uncomfortable for a team of entitled ball players.

This team needs to toughen up physically and mentally.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First thing I Hope happens is Lawrence and Smith are no longer team captains. Talk about two guys who don’t give a crap about team.
Lawrence played a season under the franchise tag without complaining, and even when he got tagged again the next season before getting his contract done, he consistently said he did not want to leave Dallas. I also never saw him loafing on the field. So, what makes you say he doesn't care?

Jaylon Smith? He may not be your favorite player, but I also don't get where you say he doesn't care. He seems to get pretty excited on the field.

D4KADON

Reaction score
It sounds like his role is more of a transition facilitator. He's helping the players ease into the transition they are making towards from Garrett to McCarthy. Usually when transition happens, there's usually a split of what used to be and what is now. This is a testament to how bad the locker room must've been under Garrett.

Bottomline: This is a smart move on McCarthy's part. He's being proactive as opposed to the norm we've seen around here.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It sounds like his role is more of a transition facilitator. He's helping the players ease into the transition they are making towards from Garrett to McCarthy. Usually when transition happens, there's usually a split of what used to be and what is now. This is a testament to how bad the locker room must've been under Garrett.

Bottomline: This is a smart move on McCarthy's part. He's being proactive as opposed to the norm we've seen around here.
Maybe also a buffer since some players feel completely comfy going straight to Jerry, or Steven and that needs to end.

Gaede

Reaction score
Maybe also a buffer since some players feel completely comfy going straight to Jerry, or Steven and that needs to end.
Yeah, this is how I read this.

A guy to help the players be professionals on and off the field, but also one to help them with things that aren't strictly football--or maybe are, and they don't want to go to their coach/shouldn't go to their GM for

Praxit

Reaction score
..its interesting, in that they probably saw how unmotivated and unaccountable this team has been in the past. Perhaps trying to change that.

Corso

Reaction score
It's these little details that Garrett had no clue about that ended up undermining him.
That's what happens when a non-football guy hires a coach-in-training and trains the guy himself.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lawrence played a season under the franchise tag without complaining, and even when he got tagged again the next season before getting his contract done, he consistently said he did not want to leave Dallas. I also never saw him loafing on the field. So, what makes you say he doesn't care?

Jaylon Smith? He may not be your favorite player, but I also don't get where you say he doesn't care. He seems to get pretty excited on the field.
These two care more about promoting their cliques and business adventures than they do the Dallas Cowboys. They are all about the $$$.

I don't mind them being on the roster but they should no be captains.

Last edited:

Corso

Reaction score
These two care more about promoting their cliques and business adventures than they do the Dallas Cowboys. They are all about the $$$.
Garret Is Going Nowhere

Mr_437

Reaction score
MM has a coach for everything. Davis is a culture/lockeroom coach...cool. Get these players minds right.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is a good thing if he is good at what he is supposed to do.

Being a Dallas Cowboy is a job in of itself. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

To expect positional coaches and lower level coaches to manage personalities, it is hard.

Go watch the All Or Nothing where Gary Brown and small fry Stephen Brown were trying to manage Elliott oversleeping, you might get what I am saying.

It is sad, but they do need a locker room enforcer. Especially since it is pretty clear this team lacks leadership.

If Davis can manage that process, fine with me.

Corso

Reaction score
This is a good thing if he is good at what he is supposed to do.

Being a Dallas Cowboy is a job in of itself. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

To expect positional coaches and lower level coaches to manage personalities, it is hard.

Go watch the All Or Nothing where Gary Brown and small fry Stephen Brown were trying to manage Elliott oversleeping, you might get what I am saying.

It is sad, but they do need a locker room enforcer. Especially since it is pretty clear this team lacks leadership.

If Davis can manage that process, fine with me.
Maybe that's why they made him Assistant Head Coach, not some dude to be punk'd.
I think they did...
And it is sad, but Jerry cultivated this and, it appears to me, that McCarthy is passive-aggressively trying to remedy this situation.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Maybe that's why they made him Assistant Head Coach, not some dude to be punk'd.
I think they did...
And it is sad, but Jerry cultivated this and, it appears to me, that McCarthy is passive-aggressively trying to remedy this situation.
I agree.