Twitter: Rob Ryan on E:60 says Jerry and Stephen trust the wrong people *vid Post #13*

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
That's a pretty good quote. Forgot that one was out there. I particularly like the 'some days I think I'm an oilman' part.
I just find it humorous the lengths people will go to accept anything awful about the Dallas Cowboys and anyone associated with them, Yet Parcells, a guy they defend regularly, doesn't agree with them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
That Parcells quote on JJ doesn't really give me much comfort. It basically says he tries hard.
I wasn't posting it to "comfort" anyone. I was posting it because Parcells' OPINION directly contradicts Ryan's OPINION on Jerry listening to others. You know that they say about OPINIONS? They are just like arm pits, everyone has a couple and some of them stink. You can decide if Rob's or Bill's stink. Hope your decision is comfortable for you.

erod

Reaction score
Somehow that is a qualification not previous coaching success?

Stephen can probably "navigate" even better, maybe he should be the next HC

Amazing the lengths people will go to to scrape up some justification for Garrett

No, it's truly amazing how many lack the deductive reasoning power to honestly and intellectually look at reality.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I suppose theres some merit to this, at the same time his teams got 4 wins and hes been responsible for a D famous for collapsing. Odd time to take shots at dallas..

But he was the scapegoat, right ? Haha! Sorry Robby, you're just not as good as you thought--out there and in here.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
While it's easy to take shots at Ryan, is he really lying or stretching the truth? I don't think so.

Goes both ways. He was bitter leaving Dallas. The Ryan mantra is to destroy before leaving,--any place, regardless of results. Helps to build the Ryan name.

Cowboys F.O . took a beating for his release by some fans. Understandable. Do you see the Saints building upon last year? Super Bowl bound? Perhaps our F.O. knew better in the long run.

Nah! Not the Cowboys brass. Inept. Right?

It's a process! ;) Enjoy the ride my friends.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Rob needs to ****. He fooled most of this board and the Saints. He's garbage.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rob needs to ****. He fooled most of this board and the Saints. He's garbage.
I think the Saints will fire him. Just last year he was exalted by many here as he vaulted their Defense forward. And maybe he did. They look awful familiar to 2012 to me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the Saints will fire him. Just last year he was exalted by many here as he vaulted their Defense forward. And maybe he did. They look awful familiar to 2012 to me.

Rob defense is suppose to confuse the QB and offense but more times than not the only confusion is on the defensive side as players are pointing at each other about whose man that was.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I wasn't posting it to "comfort" anyone. I was posting it because Parcells' OPINION directly contradicts Ryan's OPINION on Jerry listening to others. You know that they say about OPINIONS? They are just like arm pits, everyone has a couple and some of them stink. You can decide if Rob's or Bill's stink. Hope your decision is comfortable for you.

What part of Ryan's quote says he doesn't listen to others?. You can maybe argue that he's listening to others, just not the right ones in Ryan's opinion. I don't see any contradictions.

Here's a quote from Aaron Rogers "R-E-L-A-X"

nablives

Reaction score
When I caught this a few weeks ago, his comments about Jerry were interesting to me too. I was expecting a lot of venom, and instead, he saved that for Jerry's advisers. Since then, Parcells has apparently alluded to the same issue in Dallas. That doesn't surprise me one bit. I know someone mentioned Lacewell, and I think he's part of the problem, but not the only problem. Anyway, I just found it interesting how they both defended Jerry and Stephen, it was just the yahoos they apparently surround themselves with whom each guy seemed to have some issues with.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just find it humorous the lengths people will go to accept anything awful about the Dallas Cowboys and anyone associated with them, Yet Parcells, a guy they defend regularly, doesn't agree with them.

That's funny considering Parcells said "Before long, you won't even know I was here." when he left.

Translation for the homers - Your idiot owner has learned nothing. He's going right back to which he came.

Enter Wade Phillips.

What I find funny are the rubber stampers. The guys who support anything the team does. The ones who think their delusional optimism is some kind of a badge of honor as a fan. This is always the year. The team is always headed in the right direction. 20 years of embarrassing failure isn't going to phase me. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. Flat out and I won't apologize for it. I love Tom Landry.

Here's what I absolutely know about Jerry Jones. He's not qualified to act as a GM. His insistence to pretend he is not only destroyed a dynasty, its led to the worst era of Cowboys football in their history. Yet to this day, and apparently till the day he dies, nothing will change.

He is, by far, the biggest enemy to the success of this team. A constant hurdle they have to clear as they try to compete with one arm tied behind their back.

And that, amigo, is the real deal and the real state of this team.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
That's funny considering Parcells said "Before long, you won't even know I was here." when he left.

Translation for the homers - Your idiot owner has learned nothing. He's going right back to which he came.

Enter Wade Phillips.

What I find funny are the rubber stampers. The guys who support anything the team does. The ones who think their delusional optimism is some kind of a badge of honor as a fan. This is always the year. The team is always headed in the right direction. 20 years of embarrassing failure isn't going to phase me. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. Flat out and I won't apologize for it. I love Tom Landry.

Here's what I absolutely know about Jerry Jones. He's not qualified to act as a GM. His insistence to pretend he is not only destroyed a dynasty, its led to the worst era of Cowboys football in their history. Yet to this day, and apparently till the day he dies, nothing will change.

He is, by far, the biggest enemy to the success of this team. A constant hurdle they have to clear as they try to compete with one arm tied behind their back.

That's it in a nutshell right there.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
What do you find in nutshells? Nuts.

I love irony.

RS, your comical assessment of me, as usual, misses the mark completely. I'm not a rubber stamper. No matter how many times you want to pronounce me one, you're wrong. There is no badge of honor. No matter how many times you want to think there is. Where have I said "This is the year" this year, much less every year? Nowhere. Strike three.

If you want to apologize for being a Cowboys fan, go ahead. Doesn't matter one iota to me.

You don't know what a GM is. Oh you absolutely have a definition that you want it to be. A definition that does NOT even fit the greatest GM in NFL History, Tex Schramm. Jerry is the money maker of the Dallas Cowboys and at that he has been better than anyone. Sorry, it is the truth. That is his role as GM of this team. Always has been. Just like Tex. He's a freaking cash register. I accepted that a long time ago. I'm not hung up on a title. I just flat out do not care about anything Jerry does except make money.

Funny how Bill Parcells doesn't agree with you about him being the biggest enemy to the success of this football team. I mean funny in an ironic sort of way. It's really cool that you know more about him and his passion for winning football than a Hall of Fame Coach. Denial is not just a river in Egypt. In other words, no you don't. No matter how much you want to pretend and your "likers" want to pretend with you, you don't. Sorry.

"Amigo" (I will never, ever understand your weird fascination with every word I say, and vernacular I choose to use), the "real state of this team" is 7-3 with a game Sunday against a Division rival, another one on Dead Bird day, and a chance to hurt or help their chances this season wrapped up in both of them. All previous seasons do not matter to this team right now, and they do not matter to me either, right now.

"Period. Point. Blank." --Pacman

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Jerry has spent more years actually drafting talent in the NFL than many of the posters on this site have been alive. Over 25 years of listening to hundreds of different people who get paid to evaluate talent for a living, it's patently absurd to think he isn't one of the most knowledgeable people on the planet in terms of talent evaluation.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jerry has spent more years actually drafting talent in the NFL than many of the posters on this site have been alive. Over 25 years of listening to hundreds of different people who get paid to evaluate talent for a living, it's patently absurd to think he isn't one of the most knowledgeable people on the planet in terms of talent evaluation.
Ted Sundquist, former Broncos GM, agrees with you.

But what does he know right? He's never posted on a fan forum. Clearly he lacks the experience to know.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The "attack any statement you dont like mentality" never ceases to amaze. Even though the record indicates there might just be slightest bit of truth to it. Attack the credibilty first, think and analyze later, thats out motto.

:clap:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Enter Wade Phillips.

His team is 7-3 and playing good ball suck on that. You critics can't even enjoy a very good season and do you best to make sure no one else enjoys it. Dallas has made some good moves in recent times and it is paying off and it just kills people like you.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score

Matt Millen I'm sure would agree with you too.