Robert Quinn didn’t visit New Orleans

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
That’s a good sign for us but why would the Saints want him to visit after blowing them off is my question?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We shall see.

I’m not holding out hope this gets done. Bean counter Jones isn’t opening up the check book.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I live near New Orleans and on the local radio here, one of the Saints radio guys said that Quinn is coming in tomorrow and that the team is working out compensation with Miami.

Not sure that means anything at all but that’s what they’re saying here.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hmmmm......maybe this whole Saint thing is agent manufactured

JARED COOKTE, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the Saints are close to signing free agent Jared Cook.
This is an obvious fit for Cook, who replaces a retired Ben Watson. He'll slot in ahead of Josh Hill and Dan Arnold as the Saints' receiving tight end. Cook set career highs in Oakland last year and gets a quarterback upgrade in Drew Brees. Cook's target share takes a hit in New Orleans, but this is his best possible landing spot.

RELATED:
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on Twitter
Mar 20, 2019, 7:50 PM

Carson

Reaction score
Hmmmm......maybe this whole Saint thing is agent manufactured

JARED COOKTE, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the Saints are close to signing free agent Jared Cook.
This is an obvious fit for Cook, who replaces a retired Ben Watson. He'll slot in ahead of Josh Hill and Dan Arnold as the Saints' receiving tight end. Cook set career highs in Oakland last year and gets a quarterback upgrade in Drew Brees. Cook's target share takes a hit in New Orleans, but this is his best possible landing spot.

RELATED:
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on Twitter
Mar 20, 2019, 7:50 PM

I believe they have around 15 million in cap. Cook should take up between 6-10 of that. Not including rookies etc.

I believe this puts them out on Quinn .. and rightfully so. Cook adds another dimension to their offense that Quinn does not add to their defense

Hardline

Reaction score
I would take less money to play with the Saints over the Cowboys.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not sure anyone knows where he's at ...........but it obvious here he's on the move lol

BTW....he's looks kinda thin for a dominating NFL DE (lol)

Carson

Reaction score
I would take less money to play with the Saints over the Cowboys.

But it’s about long term and guaranteed money.

He’s going to take a long term deal over a one year Saints deal.

Interesting to see where he lands

Is there really a cap? Because if the saints end up with Cook and Quinn I will really begin to wonder.

Have you seen the Eagles every season? It’s a myth!

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I should have bet the Cowboys/Saints Quinella at the beginning of free agency :laugh:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I believe they have around 15 million in cap. Cook should take up between 6-10 of that. Not including rookies etc.

I believe this puts them out on Quinn .. and rightfully so. Cook adds another dimension to their offense that Quinn does not add to their defense

I was curious about their cap space, knowing Brees is eating a large chunk. I also read reports they have their own WR signing coming down the pipe.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hell with our Luck, Giants or Skins will jump in at the last min and close the deal in less it took us to pixx (lol).