Robert Quinn didn’t visit New Orleans

Carson

Reaction score
I was curious about their cap space, knowing Brees is eating a large chunk. I also read reports they have their own WR signing coming down the pipe.

They had around 4.987 before Brees restructured. That freed them up to clear another 10.8.

So you’re looking at a little over 15 ... I believe that’s before Bridgewater and Cook. That should eat 3/4 of it. They also just signed Nick Easton for 24 million over four years

With continuing to kick Brees contract down the line, they are in a similar situation next season.

Mike Thomas is also a top 5 receiver making a little over 1 million this year. He is going to cash in next season. So unless they move a ton of people or restructure more, Quinn isn’t a serious option. But I’m not an expert lol

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001022586/article/saints-restructure-brees-contract-to-open-cap-space?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr=around-the-league;team=no;conf=nfc;dvsn=ncs;plyr=jared_cook;plyr=theodore_bridgewater&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=#fff&p.bgc1m=#0964bf&p.bgc2m=#053a74&sr=amp

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He could help the team but if they lose dlaw it wont matter. The Gregory and taco picks loom large now.

If they just want him for a one year I wouldnt even bother.

Last edited:

Little Jr

Reaction score
I believe they have around 15 million in cap. Cook should take up between 6-10 of that. Not including rookies etc.

I believe this puts them out on Quinn .. and rightfully so. Cook adds another dimension to their offense that Quinn does not add to their defense
He'd would take less than 5m in cap. Unless the saint's give him a ridiculous contract.

Carson

Reaction score
He'd would take less than 5m in cap. Unless the saint's give him a ridiculous contract.

It’s doable. But all parties have to work it out. With them adding Easton and them having around 15 it can be done.

Quinn - 5 mill
Easton - 5/6 mil

Leaves them around 4-5 mill for rookies

Little Jr

Reaction score
It’s doable. But all parties have to work it out. With them adding Easton and them having around 15 it can be done.

Quinn - 5 mill
Easton - 5/6 mil

Leaves them around 4-5 mill for rookies
My bad, I should've been clear , I was talking about cook taking up less than 5

Carson

Reaction score

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hmmmm......maybe this whole Saint thing is agent manufactured

JARED COOKTE, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the Saints are close to signing free agent Jared Cook.
This is an obvious fit for Cook, who replaces a retired Ben Watson. He'll slot in ahead of Josh Hill and Dan Arnold as the Saints' receiving tight end. Cook set career highs in Oakland last year and gets a quarterback upgrade in Drew Brees. Cook's target share takes a hit in New Orleans, but this is his best possible landing spot.

RELATED:
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on Twitter
Mar 20, 2019, 7:50 PM

Well that's got nothing to do with Quinn, but thanks for posting!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Hopefully goes through tomorrow. I keep seeing berry and Quinn are close to a done deal. Well see who’s right.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Is there really a cap? Because if the saints end up with Cook and Quinn I will really begin to wonder.
You mean the Saints who just broke up the best rb duo in football on a team that was top 5 in rush attempts?

I wonder if they let Ingram go for cap reasons or nah...

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He could help the team but if they lose dlaw it wont matter. The Gregory and taco picks loom large now.

If they just want him for a one year I wouldnt even bother.
When Dlaw was at the same point that Taco was is in his career people were calling him a bum. You probably called him a bum.

Now in the same post you take a shot at Taco you express worry about losing Dlaw.

That's a special type of irony that I appreciate.