Robert Quinn vs Randy Gregory

HungryLion

Reaction score
Gregory at this point in his career is a better athlete than Quinn.

All that being said, Quinn is a refined pass rusher at this point in his career and while he isn’t as explosive as he used to be, his technique and repertoire of pass rush moves are much more advanced than Gregory.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Gregory is better but it is the off the field actions why I want him gone, he is worthless to the Cowboys if he can't play. I think that is not hard to understand. He could be the greatest player of all time but it would not matter if you can't manage to stay out of trouble and on the field. I would just as soon take a player who has a bit less talent but is there for the team playing week in and week out at least he can play while Gregory we never know at what point he will screw up yet again and put this team in a bind. I don't even think we are talking about DE or Quinn at this stage if not for the actions of Gregory

aria

Reaction score
Lol, I love how Gregory was a “beast” just a few months ago and one of the best DE’s in the game when playing. Now he’s gone so he’s not that good and Quinn is the next Reggie White.

90% of posters here are bipolar with short memories. It’s the same way with almost every player that doesn’t come here or leaves yet we still haven’t won jack in over two decades.

superonyx

Reaction score
IMHO Gregory is a horrid run defender. An absolute liability who was exposed in the playoffs. And the premise of this thread is absurd. Any competent organization would not rely on Gregory for anything and most would never consider wasting a roster spot on someone so unreliable. As usual we treat roster spots like they have no value and we suffer for it at the end of the year.
Its not my thread. But what seems absurd to me is how badly you failed to understand the premise of the thread.

All of our defenders were exposed in the playoffs. I guess LVE and Jaylon are horrid now as well.

You just wanted to rant and since the OP didnt give you natural ammo you decided to twist the meaning of the thread into something you could spew your venom towards.

Weird dude.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lol, I love how Gregory was a “beast” just a few months ago and one of the best DE’s in the game when playing. Now he’s gone so he’s not that good and Quinn is the next Reggie White.

90% of posters here are bipolar with short memories. It’s the same way with almost every player that doesn’t come here or leaves yet we still haven’t won jack in over two decades.

I still think he is and think he had not reached his peak. I was hoping that this year would be his break out year after playing pretty much the entire season and a full training camp with the team. Low and behold he F's up once again and puts this team back into the same boat of trying to find players who can come in and play since he can't.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Quinn its not even close to me last year Gregory looked and played pretty much like a jag

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Quinn is a fully developed veteran player. Plug and play.

Gregory needs the right circumstances to shine.

Quinn by a nose...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn is not what he was and is on the downside. He’s an 8 sack guy, maybe.

No weed issues or suspensions, I’d take Gregory as my RDE.

Exactly, in this hypothetical world of "no suspensions", Gregory is the better bet. He's the ascending player while Quinn is the descending player in their career paths.

That's said, it's irrelevant because we're dealing in the real world where suspensions do exist. But at this point, Quinn is the best, closest replacement for Gregory available.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Quinn its not even close to me last year Gregory looked and played pretty much like a jag

It's not uncommon for a player to make a splash his first few games, offensive players have to play them and get used to his moves, quickness, etc. After that it's up to the defensive player to develop new moves and change up the way he plays, to some degree, to get back to being the more effective player.

To me Gregory lately has been "figured out" to some degree, not sure at this point he can make changes to become as dominant when he played as he did earlier.

But he's been out so much it's hard to tell...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not a fan of the "if" posts. "If" suspensions weren't involved, "if" Dak didn't miss too many easy throws, "if" JJ stepped out of day to day operations, etc.

Stick to reality for me...

Beaker42

Reaction score
Just for 2019, forget off the field problems, pretend both could play a full healthy 16 games. On the football field, player vs player, who is better?
Gregory. Kid was starting to get to the QB regularly. Maybe not sacks but pressure. Quinn needs to step up his game if we sign him.

This is why DE at 58 or a little sooner should still be on the table. Our pass rush needs help.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Gregory. Kid was starting to get to the QB regularly. Maybe not sacks but pressure. Quinn needs to step up his game if we sign him.

This is why DE at 58 or a little sooner should still be on the table. Our pass rush needs help.

No doubt, but to me if we had more pass rush from the DT position, the DEs we have would be at least serviceable. We remember the 20 sack Ware season, in which the Cowboys were 9-7, and the 19.5 Ware sack season in which the Cowboys were 8-8. And of course good/great DE/DT play isn't the sole reason for a good season, but just to show we can't focus on one position for the pass rush....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No doubt, but to me if we had more pass rush from the DT position, the DEs we have would be at least serviceable. We remember the 20 sack Ware season, in which the Cowboys were 9-7, and the 19.5 Ware sack season in which the Cowboys were 8-8. And of course good/great DE/DT play isn't the sole reason for a good season, but just to show we can't focus on one position for the pass rush....

I don't disagree frankly I don't care where the sacks and pressure come from Aaron Donald is a DT who put up 20.5 sacks on the season.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

He was never a beast.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The middle of the DL is average and likely isn't getting any better. If our DL is going to improve, we have to add something in FA or draft. I do like the potential of Hyder, whose leg should be as close to 100% now as it will ever be.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The middle of the DL is average and likely isn't getting any better. If our DL is going to improve, we have to add something in FA or draft. I do like the potential of Hyder, whose leg should be as close to 100% now as it will ever be.
If we don’t go DT or DE at 58 then our 3rd and 4th’s need to be.