Rock & Roll HOF nominations for 2019

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Radiohead is unlike the others. Radiohead reshaped music, none of the others on that list did the same. And spare me Rage, with their punk rap and Wah pedals, feeding into the angsty, closet-homo mid-late 90s generation.

Aside from them:

Devo
Janet
LL
Stevie ******* Nicks
The Cure

Rundgren is interesting, but most of his chops are from studio sessions. Unless Utopia gets in? Then **** it, put every one in. Zombies don't belong.

Def Leppard is nasty. Abbott pitched a no-hitter with one hand. Yay, their drummer!!!!!!!! Hair!!!!!!!

Does anyone take this **** serious, tho?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This year's nominees were announced today. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Def Leppard
Devo
Janet Jackson
John Prine
Kraftwerk
LL Cool J
MC5
Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Roxy Music
Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
Stevie Nicks
The Cure
The Zombies
Todd Rundgren
Some fine careers, but I dont know if they are HOF worthy careers. Then HOF has let in people I didnt agree with either

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Radiohead is unlike the others. Radiohead reshaped music, none of the others on that list did the same. And spare me Rage, with their punk rap and Wah pedals, feeding into the angsty, closet-homo late 90s generation.

Aside from them:

Devo
Janet
LL
Stevie ******* Nicks
The Cure

Rundgren is interesting, but most of his chops are from studio sessions. Unless Utopia gets in? Then **** it, put every one in. Zombies don't belong.

Def Leppard is nasty. Abbott pitched a no-hitter with one hand. Yay, their drummer!!!!!!!! Hair!!!!!!!
Didnt even see Radiohead. Radiohead is HOF worthy IMO

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Radiohead is unlike the others. Radiohead reshaped music, none of the others on that list did the same. And spare me Rage, with their punk rap and Wah pedals, feeding into the angsty, closet-homo late 90s generation.

Aside from them:

Devo
Janet
LL
Stevie ******* Nicks
The Cure

I love Stevie.......LOVE Stevie. But is her solo career HOF worthy?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Radiohead is unlike the others. Radiohead reshaped music, none of the others on that list did the same. And spare me Rage, with their punk rap and Wah pedals, feeding into the angsty, closet-homo mid-late 90s generation.

Aside from them:

Devo
Janet
LL
Stevie ******* Nicks
The Cure

If Pumpkins cant get in, neither should Rage IMO

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
There is some seriously good stuff that came out of that.

Ever listen to Placebo? Openly homo and angsty. They had some seriously nasty jams and there music destroys alot of more notable groups of that era
Would love it if you posted some stuff in the Music Thread, Marine. I haven't heard of them, without looking them up. Drop in there and drop some tracks :)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would love it if you posted some stuff in the Music Thread, Marine. I haven't heard of them, without looking them up. Drop in there and drop some tracks :)
Give men afew and ill do just that. Some of there stuff really took my head of the first time I heard.

Its very angsty, but in a more honest and true mannee

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the Zombies' music. I just don't see how they could be HOF worthy.

There are dozens of bands/groups/singers out there who hung around for a few years... Had a couple top-10 hits (no #1's) and that was that.

Why Zombies?

I don't know.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I like the Zombies' music. I just don't see how they could be HOF worthy.
Agreed. The Zombies are cool. But the R & R HOF is a sham, Mike. I don't know any music listeners ("audiophiles") who give two ***** about this event. With no disrespect to you, sir.

HBO's Reverb, before they cut the plug on it, was far more interesting.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Her solo stuff is pretty good. But Edge of Seventeen is her only solo song that is truely memorable. Stand Back, Stop Dragging My Heart Around are good songs.....but just good

She will probably get in because she is a big name and they need to put on a show

I love her singles... but geez louis she had a few top-10 hits, but no #1's. Why her and not say Bonnie Tyler who at least had a #1 hit. Or Connie Francis who had 14 top-10 hits, including 2 #1's.