Twitter: Rodgers cussed out ref for a holding call

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Every situation differs as well. Let's say whatever Rodgers said was as bad as what Garrett said. That doesn't mean the official he was talking to really cared or saw it as a confrontation. We had already seen that the official Garrett was barking at was barking back, so it was a hand-on-the-trigger situation.

Even if the same words were said to the same official that doesn't guarantee that the reaction is going to be the same because it wasn't just the words that drew the flag. It was a combination of the words, slamming down the challenge flag and the interactions that had come before that moment.

That is all complete speculation and taken solely from the broadcast who tried to hint at it being a personal thing as well. They'd never create drama where there was none. Oh heaven's no. Again, do you even know what Garrett said? So no, you don't know if it was a hand-on-the-trigger situation, you also don't know how many times Garrett and that same official had a discussion in between those 2 plays (or laughed together during commercial breaks), nor do you know what was in the official's head for his ability to separate what happened earlier (which was pretty pedestrian) from just doing his job the rest of the way. You only know what the broadcast showed you, which is enough for those that have a ready-made agenda or just don't think beyond what they're shown.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That is all complete speculation and taken solely from the broadcast who tried to hint at it being a personal thing as well. They'd never create drama where there was none. Oh heaven's no. Again, do you even know what Garrett said? So no, you don't know if it was a hand-on-the-trigger situation, you also don't know how many times Garrett and that same official had a discussion in between those 2 plays (or laughed together during commercial breaks), nor do you know what was in the official's head for his ability to separate what happened earlier (which was pretty pedestrian) from just doing his job the rest of the way. You only know what the broadcast showed you, which is enough for those that have a ready-made agenda or just don't think beyond what they're shown.

Fair enough. The TV broadcast had already shown some interaction between them and you could tell from those interactions that they weren't happy with each other, at least during those moments. Other than that, it's fair to say that we don't know if there was anything "personal" between them.

I can say I haven't seen footage of too many examples of officials behaving like he did, but we're not shown the officials at every moment (which would make for a boring game of football) so it's possible that officials act like that more than we know. I do know I've seen officials get cussed up and down by a coach and not throw a flag for it. I don't know exactly what Garrett said, though, so I can't say he didn't merit the flag.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

In real time, I get what Bhaktiari is saying. The "grab" is very quick, and he plays it pretty well with the open hand dragging across the helmet.

But Quinn's change of direction is also quick, and it's clear he's impeded so it's the right call.

So, to the ref's credit, Rodgers wouldn't have outrun Quinn had he not been held.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't ask about the other teams. I asked about ours. And no we don't...
Well maybe you should ask that question. Because there are teams out there right now that don't like they're going to make the playoffs. But they probably will. I care what you look like in December November but if you want to talk about right now. Yeah I can see us making the playoffs. Especially the attitude we played in the second half last week's game. I'm not quitting

CB61

Reaction score
Refs are a mess, it's ok when Rodgers does it, but Garrett can't?

Larger image of the quote
T8OdTYs.jpg

Rogers always has been a whiny hiney

Mannix

Reaction score
---------They view him as a wimp so the moment he spoke up they put him in his place. I've thought for the longest we're constantly screwed by the refs b/c they do not fear Garrett.
If Parcells is on that sideline, we would not have seen half of the buffoonery from the refs the last 5 years.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Most accurate post of the week

DandyDon52

Reaction score
---------They view him as a wimp so the moment he spoke up they put him in his place. I've thought for the longest we're constantly screwed by the refs b/c they do not fear Garrett.
If Parcells is on that sideline, we would not have seen half of the buffoonery from the refs the last 5 years.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Most accurate post of the week
Well it would indicate they dont like or respect him as a HC.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Refs are a mess, it's ok when Rodgers does it, but Garrett can't?

Larger image of the quote
T8OdTYs.jpg

You conspiracy theorists are soooo boring, Mateys!
Give it a break.
Yes, everybody hates the Cowboys!
Get over it.
We win if we are good.
Lose if we play like Jerry's Kids.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
NFL is turning into hot garbage. Ratings slowly declining year after year...no wonder.

the only thing propping up this garbage they put on the field anymore is fantasy football..

Carson

Reaction score
NFL is turning into hot garbage. Ratings slowly declining year after year...no wonder.

the only thing propping up this garbage they put on the field anymore is fantasy football..

It’s becoming unbearable to watch. Constant penalties, terrible penalties, not fair officiating

How do you call Brown for the PI .. but not call King for mugging Gallup? It’s not very consistent across the board.

The favorites continue getting favored, while the rest get hosed

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
LOL -- that ref must've been a "Cheesehead."

He pardoned Rodgers, then lowered the boom on JG.

That was a sad bunch of refs! JG must've asked if he was F-ing blind.

Yup, those refs were absolutely atrocious. And this shows it too. Rodgers cusses the official out? He doesn't bat an eye. Garrett does it? He loses his bloody mind. Sick of the refs lately. And I hate playing the Packers cuz they usually have the ref advantage and they play dirty. They've become a very classless organisation.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s becoming unbearable to watch. Constant penalties, terrible penalties, not fair officiating

How do you call Brown for the PI .. but not call King for mugging Gallup? It’s not very consistent across the board.

The favorites continue getting favored, while the rest get hosed

Agreed. It makes FIFA's match fixing scandal look miniscule. At least with FIFA, it was a bit hard at times to tell that. This isn't as hard to tell as what FIFA did. It'd be nice if FIFA were to raise the alarm for us. That'd have to start an investigation into what's going on with the NFL.

InTheZone

Reaction score
First, this confirms my theory that Aaron Rodgers gets away with a lot in this league. He gets calls most QBs don't. Even that call on the fumble/forward pass was BS. That ball was coming loose and Rodgers flicked his writ forward to make is look like his arm was going forward.

Also, if Bakhtiari thinks that's a bad holding call he should look at the ones on Tavon Austin that killed a good run by Zeke and maybe killed the drive, and the one on Jeff Heath on defense. I guess its in the eye of the beholder but when I rewatched the game it was clear to me that the vast majority of calls went GB's way. The 39 yard phantom pass interference call was huge.
of all the bad calls in the game Aaron Rodgers did throw the ball forward before any part of it broke free in his hand, he had control through the throw. It doesn't matter how soft it leaves the hand as long as the ball wasn't moving within his hand before everything was going forward.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
First, this confirms my theory that Aaron Rodgers gets away with a lot in this league.

of all the bad calls in the game Aaron Rodgers did throw the ball forward before any part of it broke free in his hand, he had control through the throw. It doesn't matter how soft it leaves the hand as long as the ball wasn't moving within his hand before everything was going forward.
3d54vs.jpg