Twitter: Roger Staubach believes in Dak Prescott

erod

Reaction score
I've also heard Staubach say Romo is the best QB to ever play for the Cowboys. Aikman said Romo was better than him, too.

Staubach is just being classy in this case, which he always is.

Dak isn't as good as Steve Pelluer.

RS12

Reaction score
He sidestepped the Jerry issue and didnt exactly give red a ringing endorsement.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I've also heard Staubach say Romo is the best QB to ever play for the Cowboys. Aikman said Romo was better than him, too.

Not old enough to remember Steve.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Roger has been more of a homer since Jerry inducted by his recommendation Bullet, Rayfield and Drew into ROH after Roger was head of North Texas Super Bowl committee.

But as Couch Coach suggested this is more of an encouragement than endorsement.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ll see how the fan and media support diminishes with Dak as our passing offense defencies continues bottom tier and we continue missing the playoffs.

Dak gained support from the fans by winning not losing.

He started 11-0 and is currently 14-15 since. If we continue to lose with Dak that 11-0 winning wave will fade in everyone’s memory.

wrongway

Reaction score
And after getting Dak 4 new receivers, he had Dak throw a grand total of EIGHTEEN passes in pre-season, and not play at all in the last two games, making him rusty at best.

I really think that's a big part of Dak's problem this year....
How much camp did Wentz miss coming off knee surgery? Nope can't use that for Prescott. Not soley to blame but that excuse doesn't fly.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well they always said, former players are terrible talent evaluators

Truth is. Being an NFL player is like being in a big fraternity.

Expecting a formal player to call out a current player isn’t really fair.

Even if Staubach thinks he sucks, he SHOULDNT say anything like that. Staubach isn’t in the media and being paid to give his opinions.

Most former players don’t want to do anything to impact a current players livelihood

Batman1980

Reaction score
We’ll see how the fan and media support diminishes with Dak as our passing offense defencies continues bottom tier and we continue missing the playoffs.

He started 11-0 and is currently 14-15 since. If we continue to lose with Dak that 11-0 winning wave will fade in everyone’s memory.

It's already faded in mine to the point that I'm almost completely convinced even a change in coaching staff wouldn't fix him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
How much camp did Wentz miss coming off knee surgery? Nope can't use that for Prescott. Not soley to blame but that excuse doesn't fly.

Wentz didn't have 4 new receivers. Agulor, Jeffrey and Ertz were his 3 main targets in 2017 and Wentz has all 3 again this year. Much easier to pick up where you left off than to break in 4 new guys...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wentz didn't have 4 new receivers. Agulor, Jeffrey and Ertz were his 3 main targets in 2017 and Wentz has all 3 again this year. Much easier to pick up where you left off than to break in 4 new guys...
Dak had a better receiving Corp but many thought they weren’t Dak friendly.

It’s beginning to look like no one is Dak friendly:)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Whether he is good or not, I want to see him coached well first. In this situation he is what we see he is.

We have no choice now since our staff gave away our first rounder.

Only thing I could see is if they got like a Joe Flacco or something.

I'd rather just tank another season and go for TUa/ Herbert.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
At this point, there is only one way to attempt to salvage Dak's career.

Get him a new coaching staff. A new HC, OC and QB coach. It's just that simple.

But considering the Idiot in Charge Jerry "helped" Dak this past offseason by giving him zero quality WRs or TEs and installed Linehan's lost son as QB coach (a guy who had ZERO experience as a coach), I wouldn't expect them to finally understand what needs to be done to salvage Dak (if he's even salvageable).

This is why IMO Jason is done IMO........

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Careful with that last sentence.

I had the audacity to say Dak was closer to Pelluer than some other QB recently and some guy went off on me..... Keep head on swivel, E..... :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yep and the only ones that are not letting that fade are the ones holding onto his only good season and thinking all else is abhorrent.

I have said that I think he could be a QB1, if the right team was built around him but I do not trust these builders to do that. They've already revealed that with what they gave him for this season.

And, Greg, I am puzzled by that. Would they have done that to Romo? Given him this ragtag group of WR's and TE's? I doubt Witten would have retired if Romo was still there and don't know if they would have cut Bryant but they did with Prescott and gave him what? Look at what the Eagles and Rams gave their QB's.

At first I thought 'they're not buying Dak, they're going to ride this out with these 2nd WRs and TE's and make the change in the offseason'. I mean it wasn't like they were all in on him from the beginning. But now, if Booger's not just flapping his gums about extending him, I was dead wrong. However, I didn't see a number attached to that extension and that might be the fly in the ointment. What does the QB that said he wanted to be the GOAT Cowboy's QB think he's worth?