Twitter: Roger Staubach believes in Dak Prescott

Rayman70

Reaction score
When Randy White and Roger speak, I LISTEN. That said, both are wrong.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dak had a better receiving Corp but many thought they weren’t Dak friendly.

It’s beginning to look like no one is Dak friendly:)

I see. Thompson, Hurns, Gallup and Austin arrive in the off season in 2018 and after 8 games it can be determined they aren't "Dak friendly"?

It doesn't work that way. Dak has his own issues but to say he should be able to gain rapport with 4 new guys with limited game work isn't realistic...

Tommy

Reaction score
I absolutely love Roger Staubach and hold him in extraordinarily high esteem.

I will never say anything bad about Roger and frankly his football opinion is to be valued at a higher level than probably every person on this board.
He knows what it takes to be a pro more than just about anyone.

That said--no one is infallible. No one is right all the time.
this is one of those times. Roger appears to be basing this opinion on hope, not reality.

Dak is not going through a "tough time".
Dak is flat out not the man for the job. It's more evident every day.
Translation: I highly value Roger Staubach’s opinion until he says something I disagree with.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

I will never say anything bad about Roger and frankly his football opinion is to be valued at a higher level than probably every person on this board.

this is one of those times. Roger appears to be basing this opinion on hope, not reality.

Real shocker. Stepped out on a limb there.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Translation: I highly value Roger Staubach’s opinion until he says something I disagree with.

Nah, not really.

I think my post didn't need a translation. His opinion counts more than ours most times, but nobody is right 100% of the time.
This is one of those times.

Actually, I said it even more concisely the 2nd time, so thanks for missing the obvious the first time. You helped me improve on something that was already pretty good. I owe you one.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And after getting Dak 4 new receivers, he had Dak throw a grand total of EIGHTEEN passes in pre-season, and not play at all in the last two games, making him rusty at best.

I really think that's a big part of Dak's problem this year....
Was it really only 18? Wow.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Fantastically COOLEY WORDED POST, in concise& honestly impacting prose,:bow::thumbup::bow: ,,er,,, and while I myself sometimes " catch myself " sitting in judgment/ hurling cyber offal at the players/ coaching positions,,, I could not even come close in the attempting of filling THEIR SHOES ( yuks& lame quips from the peanut gallery are unacceptable in consideration,when concerning verbiage from the #12)

And I state this in upmost earnest humble admittance,,,o_O

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point, there is only one way to attempt to salvage Dak's career.

Get him a new coaching staff. A new HC, OC and QB coach. It's just that simple.

But considering the Idiot in Charge Jerry "helped" Dak this past offseason by giving him zero quality WRs or TEs and installed Linehan's lost son as QB coach (a guy who had ZERO experience as a coach), I wouldn't expect them to finally understand what needs to be done to salvage Dak (if he's even salvageable).

They couldn't save RG3 or TEBOW... and there not going to save Dak as when there's a no talent whats there to coach????
We're wasting careers and time waiting for INEPT Dak to grow into a Franchise QB.....another DEAD-Dak season is here....get used to them as Dak ain't changing.....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh relax
you gave a jab. learn how to take one for pete's sake.

You think Roger's right on this one?
That's all you have. You've repeated the same "jab" before.

It doesn't matter what I think, you have your mind made up. The offense sucks because of Prescott. We get it. I was just pointing out the fact that your responses ll piss on Prescott, regardless anything else. That's all you have.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak had a better receiving Corp but many thought they weren’t Dak friendly.

It’s beginning to look like no one is Dak friendly:)

I think Amari Cooper is Dak-friendly but if the line is a receiver must be a top-20 WR in the NFL to be Dak-friendly, that's pretty bad. Cole is Dak-friendly as well.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
We have no choice now since our staff gave away our first rounder.

Only thing I could see is if they got like a Joe Flacco or something.

I'd rather just tank another season and go for TUa/ Herbert.
Cowboys should play the other quarterbacks from now on playing Dak till the end is useless.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
That's all you have. You've repeated the same "jab" before.

It doesn't matter what I think, you have your mind made up. The offense sucks because of Prescott. We get it. I was just pointing out the fact that your responses ll piss on Prescott, regardless anything else. That's all you have.

Yawn

since both Romo AND Prescott had really good seasons under Linehan, it's not a stretch to say maybe the problem is a regression at the QB position, is it?