Twitter: Roland McClain requesting reinstatement? **merged**

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What I would do is bring him in and talk to him, just to size him up and see where his head is at, and what he has been doing
recently.:huh:
That would not cost anything, and they need to do that anyway to assess his trade value.
Talk to him and go from there is what smart people would do.:thumbup:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Please cite the magazines and articles.
or you could do some research yourself lol.

I did last time when he came here, and he isnt a big spender, and still had
at least 20 mil in the bank from Oakland money.
He didnt really need the money last time, and that was part of his problem.
This time he probably still doesnt need the money, but just wants to have a good year
or 2.
If he heard the league is going to ease up on the whole weed thing, then that could be a
factor too.

Last edited:

GenoT

Reaction score
or you could do some research yourself lol.

I did last time when he came here, and he isnt a big spender, and still had
at least 20 mil in the bank from Oakland money.
He didnt really need the money last time, and that was part of his problem.
This time he probably still doesnt need the money, but just wants to have a good year
or 2.
If he heard the league is going to ease up on the whole weed thing, then that could be a
factor too.
:facepalm:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Between his departure from the Ravens in May 2013 and his return to football with the Dallas Cowboys in July 2014, McClain moved to Tuscaloosa, where he re-enrolled at the University of Alabama to try to finish his bachelor's degree in family financial planning.[21] He was still a few credits short of the degree when he joined the Dallas Cowboys.

On December 22, 2014, he lost his Tuscaloosa house due to a fire that was eventually ruled as an arson.[43] At the time, the house was vacant and listed for sale.

On August 2, 2016, after his suspension in June 2016 for violating the NFL substance abuse policy, it was reported that McClain had become addicted to codeine after consuming the mixture known as purple drank.[30][31]

On May 12, 2017, he was arrested on equipment violations, firearm and drug charges, according to the Hartselle Police Department. [44]

In December 2017, McClain graduated from the University of Alabama..... doubt he could do that if still on the P drank stuff.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The reason for his optimistic outlook? McClain says he's fully rested and recovered from a 2016 hip surgery. The surgery corrected an impingement issue that affected McClain throughout his career.

"Not only do I feel good, I'm recovered and I'm rested," McClain told AL.com. "I feel better now because I know I'll be playing with two legs."

"I'm nowhere near satisfied with how my professional career has gone," McClain added.

If McClain is reinstated, the Cowboys could attempt to receive compensation for him.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
In December 2017, McClain graduated from the University of Alabama..... doubt he could do that if still on the P drank stuff.

Have you ever been around a functioning alcoholic? It can be done. And no, I'm not talking about myself.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Between his departure from the Ravens in May 2013 and his return to football with the Dallas Cowboys in July 2014, McClain moved to Tuscaloosa, where he re-enrolled at the University of Alabama to try to finish his bachelor's degree in family financial planning.[21] He was still a few credits short of the degree when he joined the Dallas Cowboys.

On December 22, 2014, he lost his Tuscaloosa house due to a fire that was eventually ruled as an arson.[43] At the time, the house was vacant and listed for sale.

On August 2, 2016, after his suspension in June 2016 for violating the NFL substance abuse policy, it was reported that McClain had become addicted to codeine after consuming the mixture known as purple drank.[30][31]

On May 12, 2017, he was arrested on equipment violations, firearm and drug charges, according to the Hartselle Police Department. [44]

The reason for his optimistic outlook? McClain says he's fully rested and recovered from a 2016 hip surgery. The surgery corrected an impingement issue that affected McClain throughout his career.

"Not only do I feel good, I'm recovered and I'm rested," McClain told AL.com. "I feel better now because I know I'll be playing with two legs."

"I'm nowhere near satisfied with how my professional career has gone," McClain added.

If McClain is reinstated, the Cowboys could attempt to receive compensation for him.
Neither the cited source material (Wikipedia sigh) nor his personally quoted opinion of his current condition fill me with confidence in how beneficial re-acquiring McClain would be.

Reaction score
He was so damn good in 2014 for us

Why he threw that away on purpose is beyond comprehension

His short-lived Cowboy career and unrealized potential was one of the biggest disappointments ever. He could have been all-pro every year, I always marveled at his stopping power, once he got to the ball there were very few yards after contact.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
His short-lived Cowboy career and unrealized potential was one of the biggest disappointments ever. He could have been all-pro every year, I always marveled at his stopping power, once he got to the ball there were very few yards after contact.
He reminded me of a more athletic Jeremiah Trotter. A former draft pick of Broaddus when he ran the eagles draft. You just can't run on those guys, stop you in your tracks.

Johnny23

Reaction score
He was so damn good in 2014 for us

Why he threw that away on purpose is beyond comprehension
Rolo is a massive moron who was very concerned about being the trap king. And putting on his do nothing homeboys. There is a lot of fishy drama surrounding himself over the years and the low rent company he keeps.

His drug of choice is lean aka syrup. He does do weed.

Saban was vocal about the fact that Rolo needs to have structure and focus on football or he gets into trouble. He would go back to Bama and play trap king with his boys. In college you can keeps tabs on kids but in the pros you're expected to be an adult. Rolo was good at Bama because of the structure of school and football. The saying an idle mind is the devil's playground fits him to a tee. The cba limits how much time players can even communicate with players.