News: Romo doesn't mention Cowboys are one of the major threats to win Super Bowl

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish people would stop pushing the false narrative that Romo never had good defenses going into the playoffs.
I wonder if it would be better questioning whether Romo had defenses as good as the current defense, statistically or not. I look at the present defense and wonder if it could have stopped the Giants 42-second touchdown drive shortly before halftime of the 2007 playoff divisional round game. Quite frankly, I would say yes they could have and the team would have advanced to the next round.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay, for those of you who don't seem to get what the moderator has been hinting at; Stop bringing up our current QB, or this thread will end up being merged with the all inclusive thread with our current QB's name attached.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Actually the title and article are wrong. Romo specifically says:

"“If you look at the front seven of the Cowboys, they’re going to be in every game because the defense you just can’t go up and down the field on them. You just can’t. This will be one of their tougher tests this week because their defense will keep them in the game. But you just have to score a touchdown in the second half at the right moment. And if you do, the Cowboys are absolutely in a position in which they can win the Super Bowl.”

Sounds like praise to me.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I wonder if it would be better questioning whether Romo had defenses as good as the current defense, statistically or not. I look at the present defense and wonder if it could have stopped the Giants 42-second touchdown drive shortly before halftime of the 2007 playoff divisional round game. Quite frankly, I would say yes they could have and the team would have advanced to the next round.

The sad reality is our offense did not come through in that 2007 playoff game. Only scoring 17 points at home is criminal. The defense only gave up 21...

Last edited:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
You think Cowboys fans will turn on Romo? Think again. I bet if we win the sb Romo would be happy for the team and fans. Maybe he would be a little jealous because he never had Zeke and this defense but deep down he would be happy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tony Romo will call the Super Bowl for his first time on CBS . When asked what teams he expects to see in the big game, Romo did not mention his former club.

READ MORE HERE...
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tony-r...e-major-threats-win-super-bowl-053030403.html

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I doubt Aikman does either.
Or almost anyone else.
That's fine. Maybe we prove them wrong.

Current odds are 16-1...up from 25-1 or 22-1 depending on the site.

Another site...Odds shark, just updated their picks.
They have Dallas as the 8th most likely team to win it all at 18-1

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Current odds at Oddsshark

Saints _+250
Chiefs__+400
Rams__+400
Patriots__+550
Chargers__+900
Colts__+1200
Eagles__+1400
Cowboys__+1800

So bet a 100 on Dallas if you like them for 1800 (or 1000 for 18000 :D)