News: Romo doesn't mention Cowboys are one of the major threats to win Super Bowl

vlad

Reaction score
And for those who will not read the article, Romo was quoted saying also:

If you look at the front seven of the Cowboys, they’re going to be in every game because the defense you just can’t go up and down the field on them. You just can’t. This will be one of their tougher tests this week because their defense will keep them in the game. But you just have to score a touchdown in the second half at the right moment. And if you do, the Cowboys are absolutely in a position in which they can win the Super Bowl.”

That was quite possible the dumbest article I've read.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is an element here at work that only affects former Cowboys that have become announcers. If the Cowboys are the most polarizing sports team on the planet, does it not stand to reason that all of them, including Aikman, have to bend a little bit more to show their objectivity? Only one waves his pompoms for not only his former team but his former position as well, all about the WR's donchyaknow, and he's the most unprofessional.

The Cowboys opened at a 7 underdog so he's not alone in his assessment and he might be placing a lot more importance on one missing slot WR and TE that has become the QB's binky.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is close to overtaking Romo in just his 3rd year playoffs wise. Why would Romo praise anything. Dak makes it to the NFC championship and that's all she wrote!

And if dak makes it to the SB and win it then you might as well flush anything Romo ever did down the toilet!
Not really. They started building this team for Romo, so we can still thank him for some of the success.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Lets be realistic here. If you literally had to bet everything you own on this Cowboys team, would you? We are all here pulling for the Cowboys, but strictly from a business mind, very few, if any, would legitimately bet everything on the Cowboys. Romo is a broadcaster now, and he would sound foolish to favor the Cowboys chances right now. He views the Cowboys, as, "almost there, but not quite" and realistically that is where this team is. That said, I do believe in the perfect scenario, playing the perfect games, we could still do it. But I would not bet my farm on it either.

The 92-93 Cowboys? I'd bet the farm on them.
How is betting everything you own on anything realistic?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak is close to overtaking Romo in just his 3rd year playoffs wise. Why would Romo praise anything. Dak makes it to the NFC championship and that's all she wrote!

And if dak makes it to the SB and win it then you might as well flush anything Romo ever did down the toilet!
Come on.
This has nothing to do with his personal feelings about Dak--who he personally likes

Anyway, you and I both know that any playoff wins are team wins.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
He went straight home teams as history in this round will bear him out. And 3 of those 4 venues are the toughest to get a win with 1 being the loudest and Brees has never lost a playoff game in the dome. And I think when the Cowboys built the new digs and decided to not open the roof, God moved onto New England to watch His new favorite team play.

I do think the Rams will not enjoy the home atmosphere the other 3 will have and in the GB and PHL games, that seemed to irritate them. Whether a happy or irritated pair of DT's is more formidable, only time will tell.

But not to worry, I am sure that homer idiot Irvin will be all over the Cowboys.

The requirements for liking analysts here is the strangest of all the 32 teams.
I'm sure his and almost everyone else is thinking is that for Dallas win the the Super Bowl, they have to do ALL of the following
  • Beat the Rams in LA
  • Beat the Saints in NO
  • Beat the AFC winner

Doing any one of those is one thing. Any is doable
Doing ALL THREE with no let down is much tougher.
But if people read the article, he did make a case for Dallas winning it all.

Have to play the games. Think New York in 2007. It can be done

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He knows his own history for not getting us to the playoffs as much as he should have. :muttley:

And this is a different year and team and has grown.
He is just trying not to appear partial in anyway?

That is my take.

And to discuss it points fingers at himself for not winning more.

It's all water under the bridge.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The odds say we won't make it to the super bowl but that's what makes this year special as we will beat the odds and stomp out everyone!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That is fine because Tony will get to talk a lot about the Cowboys during the SB game that he will be working for CBS this year when Dallas is playing KC in the SB. lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
Unfortunately for Romo..

his salary cap hit hurt this team from affording a defense when he was here.

He was working against himself the whole time.
I hear you Red, but our current defense is not made up of Free Agents.
We've built it through the draft and almost none were 1st rounders.
We're drafting better now.

His problem was that it started to come together (including even him) when his body was starting give way. Just bad timing.

Reactions: Coy

Little Jr

Reaction score
The OP didn't make up the title.
What title?

"Tony Romo will call the Super Bowl for his first time on CBS . When asked what teams he expects to see in the big game, Romo did not mention his former club."

"Romo doesn't mention Cowboys are one of the major threats to win Super Bowl"

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Come on.
This has nothing to do with his personal feelings about Dak--who he personally likes

Anyway, yo and I both know that any playoff wins are team wins.

Really I still think Romo should have went further in his era. I mean he didnt have bad teams around him all the time.

Coy

Reaction score
Vegas doesn`t see them as a threat. So it`s not only Tony ;)

ODDS TO WIN SUPER BOWL 53
Team Odds
New Orleans Saints +250
Kansas City Chiefs +400
Los Angeles Rams +400
New England Patriots +550
Los Angeles Chargers +900
Indianapolis Colts +1200
Philadelphia Eagles +1400
Dallas Cowboys +1800

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Vegas doesn`t see them as a threat. So it`s not only Tony ;)

ODDS TO WIN SUPER BOWL 53
Team Odds
New Orleans Saints +250
Kansas City Chiefs +400
Los Angeles Rams +400
New England Patriots +550
Los Angeles Chargers +900
Indianapolis Colts +1200
Philadelphia Eagles +1400
Dallas Cowboys +1800