Romo had 1 bad game folks

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Wow.......I can't believe how many people are off the Romo bandwagon. The guy has played at a very high level since he stepped into the starting role. The SF and Seattle games everyone thought he was a miracle worker. Now after a bad game we kick him to the curb?

Frankly I love the guy as our QB. He plays too fast and lose sometimes but the problem is that is what makes him really good. How many people on this forum could stand in the face of the Pittsburgh defense at the end of a game like that and see everything that is happening on the field. He was getting huge pressure and threw to his primary receiver and one that normally catches the ball when it is thrown to him. Crayton has dropped key balls and so has TO. Witten tends to be very reliable. He immediately took the blame when it cost them the game. So did Witten in fact.

I have said this before but did TO take the blame for any pass he didn't catch during the game? Has he EVER taken resposibility for a pass he has dropped. Go back and watch the games and you will see he isn't perfect but you wouldn't know that if you listen to him.

Romo is my QB and I am proud to have him. I can't say that about TO to be honest. Look inside yourself and ask if you are proud of Romo and what he has accomplished. I bet inside you are!

mitchell2254

Reaction score
He's had quite a few bad games actually. Numbers can be decieving in a couple of them

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Arizona was pretty damn bad and should have been a lot worse.

IIRC, he had a fumble or two wiped off the board and Crayton saved his *** on what might be one of the worst throws I have ever seen him make.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
mitchell2254;2487297 said:
He's had quite a few bad games actually. Numbers can be decieving in a couple of them

And without him, how many do we win this year??????????

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Point is that he is a pretty good QB. All QB's make mistakes and throw INT's but I honestly believe we wouldn't be in most of our games without him. It is like blitzing, you live by it, and you die by it.

newlander

Reaction score
He is pretty good. But that's about it. Pretty good against the avg. and mediocre teams, not so good at all against the very good teams. He has another chance tomorrow night to prove me wrong. I VERY much hope he does.

links18

Reaction score
Romo is a dynamic playmaker. He was at his best last year, when we were spreading the ball around, getting everyone involved. He just turns the ball over too much and has been locking onto BOTH Witten and TO. He has not been seeing the open receivers down the field.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think Tony has to worry about losing a popularity contest vs. TO. The "insurrection" by the wideouts must have been simmering for quite some time. One bad game in Pittsburgh couldn't have been the primary reason.

http://img376.*************/img376/9371/ch21sundec72008064525pmfc0.jpg

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oh brother...

Is this another Romo-bashing thread?:banghead:

The entire team played ***** against Arizona. The OL couldn't even block a very bad Zona pass rushing D. The receivers couldn't exploit a pretty bad Zona pass D. The D COULDN'T stop a 3rd and 17 when we had ALL the momentum on our side? And don't get me started on our ****** STs.

BTW-Zona isn't even very good-they're lucky to be in a division where they play the Seachickens/Rams/Whiners 6 X's a year.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stated in another thread that Romo has 3 TDs in every home game this year. Here's hoping for more of the same tomorrow night.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
After three games with Brad, you'd think the wideouts would be kissing Tony's feet and dropping grapes into his mouth.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Romo is still a great player, every QB no matter how good has bad games on occassion.

He has not gotten better though, IMO he played better last season. At one point he had 7 straight games of QB ratings of at least 102.5. He had 6 games with 3 or more TD's and 10 total games with a rating over 100.00. He also seemed to throw alot more accurately and had a knack for finding open guys even if they werent the primary read.

Lets hope he steps it up tomorrow night, I dont think we can beat the Giants (or the Ravens and Eagles) unless we get a great game from TR.

The Panch

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2487298 said:
Arizona was pretty damn bad and should have been a lot worse.

IIRC, he had a fumble or two wiped off the board and Crayton saved his *** on what might be one of the worst throws I have ever seen him make.
I agree, but the O-line was the #1 reason we lost that game. They went up against one of the most finesse front sevens in all of football and got punked. The defense folded down the stretch, but shut em out for more than a half. They just came apart from the middle of the 3rd to the rest of the way.

I agree with the poster above me tho. He hasnt gotten better and that's what worries me.

Martice

Reaction score
dbair1967;2487535 said:
Romo is still a great player, every QB no matter how good has bad games on occassion.

He has not gotten better though, IMO he played better last season. At one point he had 7 straight games of QB ratings of at least 102.5. He had 6 games with 3 or more TD's and 10 total games with a rating over 100.00. He also seemed to throw alot more accurately and had a knack for finding open guys even if they werent the primary read.

Lets hope he steps it up tomorrow night, I dont think we can beat the Giants (or the Ravens and Eagles) unless we get a great game from TR.

Dbair I couldn't agree more. Some people think criticism of Tony means we are jumping off the bandwagon. I guess Tony is above critical analysis.

The point of the matter is he has to pick his game up and hold on to the ball. If that means that I am jumping off the bandwagon then consider me on the side of the road.

dooomsday

Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;2487276 said:
Wow.......I can't believe how many people are off the Romo bandwagon. The guy has played at a very high level since he stepped into the starting role. The SF and Seattle games everyone thought he was a miracle worker. Now after a bad game we kick him to the curb?

Frankly I love the guy as our QB. He plays too fast and lose sometimes but the problem is that is what makes him really good. How many people on this forum could stand in the face of the Pittsburgh defense at the end of a game like that and see everything that is happening on the field. He was getting huge pressure and threw to his primary receiver and one that normally catches the ball when it is thrown to him. Crayton has dropped key balls and so has TO. Witten tends to be very reliable. He immediately took the blame when it cost them the game. So did Witten in fact.

I have said this before but did TO take the blame for any pass he didn't catch during the game? Has he EVER taken resposibility for a pass he has dropped. Go back and watch the games and you will see he isn't perfect but you wouldn't know that if you listen to him.

Romo is my QB and I am proud to have him. I can't say that about TO to be honest. Look inside yourself and ask if you are proud of Romo and what he has accomplished. I bet inside you are!

Um, in how games was he great this year? We are darn lucky he didnt cost us the Philly game if not for Felix, he would have. Same with AZ. Sorry, his 4 fumbles, tho he didnt lose them all, were pathetic. Did he look great in either Wash game? Uh, no. MB carried us in the 2nd. We lost the first. Then there is Pitts. Stinker.

So, which games does that leave us where he plyed like the franchise? SF? Seattle? Some of the worst Ds in the league. I am proud of you for beating all the last place teams Tony! LMAO! If you thought that was the "real" 2008 Cowboys you deserve what you got.

People have to stop dropping those beautiful butterflies, or he'd be even better! LOL!

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Look at the numbers:
Romo, QB rating #2 in the NFC
Garcia, QB rating #3 in the NFC
McNabb, QB rating #9 in the NFC

I want to stand back and applaud these three quarterbacks and the acknowledge their travails.

T.C. has been one of the luckiest receivers in the league. He has played with three all-Pro quarterbacks. Yet all three quarterbacks have had tainted reputations because of their proximity to the cancer.

We aren't talking about a receiver who backstabs and betrays the Harbaughs and Leafs of the world. Owens is a first class killer. He betrays only the very best.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;2487276 said:

• nowhere close to off any bandwagon...
  • looking forward to Romo shaking the "cant's win from December forward" monkey...
  • Every party involved in this week's soap opera had some hand in it. No one is little mr innocent baller.
  • looking forward to Romo protecting toe ball, making good decisions, and spreading the ball around like the old Romo I once came to know and love...
looking forward to Romo simply taking the next step and "leading" this team into the playoffs and beyond...

There's no room for an aw shucks persona at the helm of the Dallas Cowboys. lead lead lead...