Romo Hall of Famer?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by stilltheguru, Feb 10, 2021.

1. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

8,032 Messages
    5,040 Likes Received

@Idgit
    I know, i know, Jesse is jealous or just doesnt like Garrett. Yes, this is a Garrett hate thread but Romo could've been a contender if Jerry gave him a real coach.

Kolemmitt, catiii, Coy and 9 others like this.
  2. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

20,498 Messages
    33,565 Likes Received
    I still don’t know if Jesse Holley is a hater or just speaks the truth and I don’t like it lmao

Twin928 and Amarillofan82 like this.
  3. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

13,245 Messages
    19,057 Likes Received
    Romo had real chances. At least 3 of them in 2007, 2009, and 2014. Just because the team didn’t win doesn’t mean they couldn’t have won.

4. Tussinman

Tussinman Well-Known Member

2,044 Messages
    2,312 Likes Received
    Romo is a classic case of having hall of fame talent but not quite having a hall of fame career. Perfect for ring of honor or the fan favorite "hall of very good"

5. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

8,032 Messages
    5,040 Likes Received
    I dont know why anytime a former player that wasnt attending Duke games with that coward criticizes him, they are (hating). I mean, TO for instance knows Romo played a part in him getting cut so why is his vitriol aimed at only Garrett and not Tony/Jerry/Stephen?
    Im just sayin.......

WillieBeamen, 817Gill and SeanLee50 like this.
  6. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

3,927 Messages
    5,127 Likes Received
    With no Super Bowl rings Romo is not making it into the Hall Of Fame. I don't think he was good enough anyway. But, if he keeps up his work on CBS, can he make it to the HoF as an announcer someday?

rags, Kolemmitt, pitt33 and 4 others like this.
  7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

44,156 Messages
    21,737 Likes Received
    No, he won't. He played in the era of Roethlisberger, Brees, both Mannings, Rodgers, Brady, Ryan, Wilson, all of whom either played in the Super Bowl or won a Super Bowl.

He has no shot, except for as a broadcaster.

rags, pitt33, BermyStar and 6 others like this.
  8. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

16,135 Messages
    22,463 Likes Received
    Hall of very good as a player.

Better chance as an announcer for the HOF

9. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,702 Messages
    60,338 Likes Received
    Nothing new here that we haven’t already discussed re: Jesse Holley’s take.

He’s wrong about Romo being a HoF player, btw. That’s new. Romo will get in eventually as an all-around person once his broadcasting career is done, and rightly so.

He’s wrong about the 2016 playoffs, too, but, you know, he’s entitled to a wrong opinion here and there.

As for Garrett, I say again: you guys saw what happened when we went to McCarthy. The team and the coaching decisions both got worse. Defend that noise all you like, but it’s obvious, and it’s true.

Seven, Tommy and Diehardblues like this.
  10. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

5,659 Messages
    5,305 Likes Received
    If the Romo story happened in a place like Atlanta he’d be a hall of famer. Different standard for a cowboy qb

Amarillofan82 likes this.
  11. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

17,580 Messages
    15,145 Likes Received
    On Tony in 2016, he didn't even give Dak nod. He clearly thought Romo would have been better, and could have taken us all the way.

Also like the comments about Tony changing plays and being held back by Garrett. I do wonder if Tony was still making the game plan in 2016, like Butler said Tony was doing previous seasons. He was going to be QB again until he broke, wouldn't they also have planned for him to make the game plans again? And after breaking, why change that?

stilltheguru likes this.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

57,691 Messages
    26,062 Likes Received
    Not close.

13. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

18,249 Messages
    39,900 Likes Received

Yes yes Jesse. The cowboys would have been in the lead against the packers. Even with the defense allowing a TD the first 3 possessions.

The question of that 2016 playoff game is the ultimate what if barroom discussion.

But the defense would have let Romo down just like they did every other year.

That defense would have given up 30+ to the falcons the following week and the patriots in the Super Bowl.

Tall order to ask any QB to score 30+ points in the playoffs over and over again.

817Gill, Idgit and maryquality like this.
  14. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

6,999 Messages
    11,145 Likes Received
    Itll be a good while before he gets there if he gets to the hall at all.

15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

55,941 Messages
    58,034 Likes Received
    No.. Absolutely not.

I think he was a great player but he has virtually no post season success.

If they let him in the HOF is a joke and I’m a huge fan.

16. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

2,777 Messages
    3,637 Likes Received
    I'm no Garrett basher, never have been. But surely you aren't comparing what Mike McCarthy did in 1 season...COVID season...to the 10 years Garrett floundered on the Dallas sideline? Is that even comparable LOL?

17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

98,946 Messages
    25,748 Likes Received
    As an announcer he has a chance. I think he was a very good QB for Dallas but no I don't see him making HOF

Kolemmitt likes this.
  18. Redline360

Redline360 Well-Known Member

1,379 Messages
    1,893 Likes Received
    HOF talent...yes

I believe if he played for any competitive "football" organization he would have great playoff success and an easy HOF career. His talent got wasted in Dallas and cut short due to injuries

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

50,844 Messages
    38,437 Likes Received
    No, he's not getting in.
    No rings
    Career shortened

Not happening

20. sunalsorises

sunalsorises Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    1,839 Likes Received
    I honestly don’t think Eli Manning is a HOFer and he has two Super Bowls. It’s tough to argue Romo’s case if I am a hard no on Eli and I think Romo was a much better qb than Eli.

Ring Leader and America's Cowboy like this.