Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I an see Daks performance having a big impact on how long Romo is out. If Dak is lighting up the score board then Romo will he given time to heal. If it's a repeat of last season where we couldn't even find the endzone them Romo will be getting pain shots and come to the rescue.

Man I feel bad for Romo. There has never been a player I want to win a Superbowl than Romo. The guy deserves it.

Right. I mean, let's face it, Romo is financially set for life, is married to a drop-dead gorgeous woman, and his father (Like mine) is a cancer survivor.

Life has been good for Romo, but it's uncanny how much bad luck he's had on the football field. Just unbelievable.

slick325

Reaction score
LOL. Already looking ahead to next draft. The issue is are schedule is weak this year. At worst I see 5 wins. I think the team needs 3-13 to get the first pick.

I'm saying prior to Romo being injured or seeing Dak play...I wanted to draft a QB early in 2017. May have posted that days after the 2016 draft and again during OTA's, mini-camp and Training Camp. Even if Dak does well this season I draft another QB just in case he is RGIII and comes back to Earth the next season. That doesn't mean he has to be a 1st round pick, he could be a 2nd or 3rd as long as he has a skill set they see as transitioning to the NFL easily.

That being said...I can't wait for this season to start and see how it plays itself out.

Plankton

Reaction score
Romo is like a tragic hero in literature. I feel for this guy - he has weathered so much throughout his career, and when his mental abilities are at their max as a QB, his physical capabilities are seriously compromised by injuries. I don't know of another player that I wanted to see enjoy success as much as him, and he just can't buy any good luck.

I hope that he can come back, and we all know that he will try, but I don't see him all of a sudden becoming more durable.

Prescott will now have to marshall all of the poise that he has at his disposal, because it's his show now.

The Cowboys need to ride Elliott and Morris as much as possible now. Ground and pound. Should make for an interesting season.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
Romo is like a tragic hero in literature. I feel for this guy - he has weathered so much throughout his career, and when his mental abilities are at their max as a QB, his physical capabilities are seriously compromised by injuries. I don't know of another player that I wanted to see enjoy success as much as him, and he just can't buy any good luck.

I hope that he can come back, and we all know that he will try, but I don't see him all of a sudden becoming more durable.

Prescott will now have to marshall all of the poise that he has at his disposal, because it's his show now.

The Cowboys need to ride Elliott and Morris as much as possible now. Ground and pound. Should make for an interesting season.

Only other player I have wanted to see win a title more than Romo/Witten was Dirk Nowitzki

ragman

Reaction score
Jerry has already said that they're going to look for a veteran QB. But, who's out there that's halfway decent?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine how much would this suck had we not drafted Prescott. We probably would have Foles starting week one.

That is a silver lining. And a much needed on in a day like today.

Thanks
:thumbup:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'd look again.

A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.
Exactly.....he can go on the IR and come back after 6 weeks(one player per team can do this) but it is not the PUP......teams had to designate a player to return last year but they changed it so anyone on the IR can be the one player to return

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm saying prior to Romo being injured or seeing Dak play...I wanted to draft a QB early in 2017. May have posted that days after the 2016 draft and again during OTA's, mini-camp and Training Camp. Even if Dak does well this season I draft another QB just in case he is RGIII and comes back to Earth the next season. That doesn't mean he has to be a 1st round pick, he could be a 2nd or 3rd as long as he has a skill set they see as transitioning to the NFL easily.

That being said...I can't wait for this season to start and see how it plays itself out.
Ok. I am looking forward to seeing your posts on the draft board.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Right. I mean, let's face it, Romo is financially set for life, is married to a drop-dead gorgeous woman, and his father (Like mine) is a cancer survivor.

Life has been good for Romo, but it's uncanny how much bad luck he's had on the football field. Just unbelievable.

I think he's been very fortunate to play for Dallas and he's been very successful. He'll be back, he has all his 40's to play dad and count the money