Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don't think so....I think he collects 5m a year to hold a clipboard here in DAL.....he just bought another home in N Dallas and there are no better facilities around for an aging, oft injured QB

0% chance he stays as a back up when people will pay him starter money. Every NFL team has great facilities and he can very much still live here if he wants, just no way he stays as a back up. And assuming Dak proves himself to be a starting caliber QB, it's very doubtful that he plays at the level that Romo does when healthy, so why would you even want to keep Romo around when it would create a huge QB controversy every time he struggles?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
you people need to get it out of your head that Dak is somehow going to take Romo's job. Dak is going to play like a rookie QB. But even if on the .000001% chance he plays like a pro-bowler, Romo is going to take his job back once he's healed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the point is how much of a drop off is it from Mark Sanchez/Ryan Fitzpatrick to who ever you have to trot out if Romo goes down? Compare that to the upgrade that Romo is when out there?

Not without the point that he's a huge injury risk. Any skill is countered by the fact that the guy can't stay on the field.

No team should be tying their fate to that injury history. And I'm not sure any outside of Dallas would.

KB1122

Reaction score
the point is how much of a drop off is it from Mark Sanchez/Ryan Fitzpatrick to who ever you have to trot out if Romo goes down? Compare that to the upgrade that Romo is when out there?

Compare to three years ago, or now? I mean, Tony wasn't very good last year, even when he was in.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thinking he'll be back after the bye week (6 games) 8 weeks from now playing the Egirls at home. I think that would be a good time frame for this fractured bone to heal properly, but with those injections to help heal faster etc, etc...possibly sooner?

And then what? What would you do if it were up to you?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you people need to get it out of your head that Dak is somehow going to take Romo's job. Dak is going to play like a rookie QB. But even if on the .000001% chance he plays like a pro-bowler, Romo is going to take his job back once he's healed.

Why? So the team can go through this whole thing yet again?
:huh:

KB1122

Reaction score
One thing that I find funny about this whole thing .... We've been told by some observers for years that, oh, Jerry has to re-sign Romo, he's their star and that have them to fill the seats in that giant new stadium. Instead, Prescott hasn't even thrown a regular season pass yet, and he's already the talk of the town and the league.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
One thing that I find funny about this whole thing .... We've been told by some observers for years that, oh, Jerry has to re-sign Romo, he's their star and that have them to fill the seats in that giant new stadium. Instead, Prescott hasn't even thrown a regular season pass yet, and he's already the talk of the town and the league.
Whomever is the QB of the Cowboys is the talk of the league.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Well, I've waded through 31 pages of mostly negative dung, and finally found an athlete's point of view.

And let me dispense some of your worst fears --
Tony could play next week if he had to.

A subtle compression fracture that requires an MRI for diagnosis is really minor. Yes, it's broken, but it's not displaced and there's absolutely no structural instability. There's no disc herniation, nerve compression, or limitation of motion. I've managed hundreds of these, and they are uncomplicated. Only severe compression that might be seen with osteoporosis requires intervention.

My guess is that Tony will miss 3 games at most.

You can all him unlucky, but his injuries include a pilonidal cyst (minor lumbo-sacral condition),
partial lumbar nerve compression (micro-surg.),
lumbar transverse process fracture (minor),
the well-chronicled clavicle injuries (healed),
and now the L1 minimal compression.
His legs and throwing arm are completely spared, and none of the afore-mentioned issues is likely to result in anything more than the obligatory football arthritis. Things could be much worse.

He also has not had the worrisome concussion history that plagued previous Cowboy QBs.

Can y'all just get your popcorn ready and relax?

Or have you already wagered too much on this season?

Either way, there are millions of undernourished people in the world, and if you help one you'll feel really good.

Thank you for backing me off the ledge

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
6 year $108 million after 2013 wreck of his back in Washington. Smh

jordan4vols

Reaction score
On talking Cowboys they're saying 4-6 weeks and that 6 weeks is worst case scenario.
And Jerry said he wasn't hurt at all. Other "sources" from Werder and Schefter say 6-10. Let's be honest....do we expect him to stay healthy if he comes back let's say after 4 games?

ConceptCoop

Reaction score

I'm sure people said the same thing about Drew Bledsoe when the Pats opted to go with Brady. Listen, I'm with you in that I expect Romo to get his job back. I don't expect Dak to step in and be a winning QB as a rookie. But if Dak is playing anywhere near pro-bowl level, the future is now and Romo's days as a Cowboy are all but over.