Romo has to avoid Red Zone turnovers.

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are to win their first playoff win in over a decade, and to go on to be a championship football team, Tony Romo has got to learn how to take better care of the football. As a think about it, (and I don't have any specific stats), I believe Romo has turned the ball over in or near the Red Zone area in every game the Cowboys have played so far. That statistic has got to change BIG TIME if we expect to go to Tampa.

The Cowboys have one of the best offenses in the NFL. Just think what it would look like if you took away the mental mistakes and the costly turnovers. I'm not talking about MBIII getting stripped of the ball going for that extra yard, or a WR just getting his fingertips on the ball, only to have it bounce to an opponent. I'm talking about all of the Red Zone visits where we should come away with at least 3 points, (those count too, Tony).

I love this team, and it boggles my mind when I think of the possibilities with the addition of Felix Jones & Marty Bennett, but we have to use our heads better. Losing to an inferior Commanders team should have taught us that.

superpunk

Reaction score
Also, we might want to think about not letting the other team score more points than us, from a strategery standpoint of course.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Can we "defer" an entire game and not lose?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Cogan;2321680 said:
If the Cowboys are to win their first playoff win in over a decade, and to go on to be a championship football team, Tony Romo has got to learn how to take better care of the football. As a think about it, (and I don't have any specific stats), I believe Romo has turned the ball over in or near the Red Zone area in every game the Cowboys have played so far. That statistic has got to change BIG TIME if we expect to go to Tampa.

The Cowboys have one of the best offenses in the NFL. Just think what it would look like if you took away the mental mistakes and the costly turnovers. I'm not talking about MBIII getting stripped of the ball going for that extra yard, or a WR just getting his fingertips on the ball, only to have it bounce to an opponent. I'm talking about all of the Red Zone visits where we should come away with at least 3 points, (those count too, Tony).

I love this team, and it boggles my mind when I think of the possibilities with the addition of Felix Jones & Marty Bennett, but we have to use our heads better. Losing to an inferior Commanders team should have taught us that.

What he averages 400 yards passing with five touchdowns and one pick per game, but each pick is on the Red-Zone?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
damn guys no need to attack him. he makes good points granted they have been discussed some already but hey its better to talk again about this than talk about the Pacman story!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
superpunk;2321689 said:
Also, we might want to think about not letting the other team score more points than us, from a strategery standpoint of course.

LOL! Who'd have ever thought that would make a great strategic plan!

MONT17

Reaction score
The problem with Romo is his tude. He tells the media to show him a qb that doesn't throw interceptions and he show u a qb that isn't good! Well that's all fine for the media its a bad message to send! What if evry player felt that way? MB3 saying I fumble because I'm good! Or Zach saying All the great players miss tackles. Romo has piss poor attitude towards the media for some reason and it shows in his stupid comments.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
MONT17;2321742 said:
The problem with Romo is his tude. He tells the media to show him a qb that doesn't throw interceptions and he show u a qb that isn't good! Well that's all fine for the media its a bad message to send! What if evry player felt that way? MB3 saying I fumble because I'm good! Or Zach saying All the great players miss tackles. Romo has piss poor attitude towards the media for some reason and it shows in his stupid comments.

I'd think it has something to do with getting tired of being asked the same question 18 different ways, every single day. That might give him a reason to be just a little bit snippy after a while. Kind of like the way you're acting right now. :p

Woods

Reaction score
Cogan;2321680 said:

I agree with you, but I really thought that in the 4th quarter of the Cinn game last weekend that Romo was trying esp hard not to make a mistake. I think he realizes that after the int vs. Cleveland in the endzone and the turnovers vs. Philly, that he needs to take care of the ball better.

He did throw the critical pick vs. the Skins, but I think that wasn't due to carelessness. Romo just didn't recognize the coverage quickly enough. That comes with a lack of sufficent experience.

I think going forward Romo will be even more conscious of not trying to take more than he can get.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cogan;2321680 said:
As a think about it, (and I don't have any specific stats), I believe Romo has turned the ball over in or near the Red Zone area in every game the Cowboys have played so far.
versus Cleveland

Interception | Line of scrimmage was Cleveland 4 yard line = turnover occurred inside our red zone

versus Philadelphia

Interception | Line of scrimmage was Dallas 28 yard line = turnover occurred eight yards outside of their red zone
Fumble | Line of scrimmage was Dallas 3 yard line = turnover occurred inside their red zone

versus Green Bay

Interception | Line of scrimmage was Green Bay 14 yard line = turnover occurred inside our red zone

versus Washington

Interception | Line of scrimmage was Dallas 37 yard line = turnover occurred 17 yards outside of their red zone

versus Cincinnati

Fumble | Line of scrimmage was Dallas 36 yard line = turnover occurred 16 yards outside of their red zone
Interception | Line of scrimmage was Cincinnati 35 = turnover occurred 15 yards outside of our red zone

khiladi

Reaction score
DallasEast;2321791 said:
versus Cleveland

Interception | Line of scrimmage was Cleveland 4 yard line = turnover occurred inside our red zone

versus Philadelphia

Interception | Line of scrimmage was Dallas 28 yard line = turnover occurred eight yards outside of their red zone
Fumble | Line of scrimmage was Dallas 3 yard line = turnover occurred inside their red zone

versus Green Bay

Interception | Line of scrimmage was Green Bay 14 yard line = turnover occurred inside our red zone

versus Washington

Interception | Line of scrimmage was Dallas 37 yard line = turnover occurred 17 yards outside of their red zone

versus Cincinnati

Fumble | Line of scrimmage was Dallas 36 yard line = turnover occurred 16 yards outside of their red zone
Interception | Line of scrimmage was Cincinnati 35 = turnover occurred 15 yards outside of our red zone

He had a stupid pre-season INT in the end-zone, and while it may be pre-season it was the same type of forced pass when he turns it over... The Giants game last year was another forced pass that ultimately cost the Cowboys...