Video: Romo Interview from Jets' website. He says scheme is important

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Read his body language man. He doesn’t like talking about the Cowboys because he doesn’t want to sound biased. He was nervous in this interview because he knew they’d ask questions about Dallas. You can tell by looking at his reaction when the name “Dak” came from the reporter’s mouth. No one is making anything up, it’s just the matter of reading body language and their actions that lead up to certain things.
Could you timestamp when his "eyes got big" or whatever it is you think you saw/brain conjured up?

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
It is meant as a joke, relax
Yes I understand you statement was a joke - my answer was more on the broad subject matter.

And I'm very relaxed - thanks.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking exactly the same thing as you. I watched the whole interview, and there was nothing even remotely suggesting any type of shot at JG.

I find it hard to believe that the OP even believes that.

You can literally see groupthink in action on forums if you watch for it sometimes. It’s amazing how little being accurate matters when you get a group of people taking opposite sides on an issue over time.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Could you timestamp when his "eyes got big" or whatever it is you think you saw/brain conjured up?

1:27 is when she begins to speak about the Dallas Offense. She mentions Zeke, Dak, and Amari. His eyes got big after the mention of Dak. He didn’t react with Zeke; which was the first name the reporter said.

dfense

Reaction score
Romo takes a dig at JG and says Jets will need a great scheme and can't expect to beat the Cowboys one on one. He also thinks the Jets defensive scheme is similar to Saints and could make it tougher for Dallas.

This game may be a good test to see if the coaches made the necessary adjustments to handle defenses like the Saints.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/tony-romo-s-take-on-sam-darnold-s-return-vs-the-cowboys
Fake news click bait. He gives his broadcaster assessment of the game. No shot at anyone. Why is it you have to make crap up to push an agenda?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Spoiler alert: NO BODY CARES what is said about Garrett. those that dont like him will hear what they want and those the love him will hear what they want. no one is changing anyones minds. stop arguing the point.

cern

Reaction score
the days of romo and garrett attending stars and mavs games together disappeared when dak kept the job. it broke apart their friendship. but I don't think tony would disparage garrett in anything other than a professional context. as an announcer, it would be in bad taste.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Romo takes a dig at JG and says Jets will need a great scheme and can't expect to beat the Cowboys one on one. He also thinks the Jets defensive scheme is similar to Saints and could make it tougher for Dallas.

This game may be a good test to see if the coaches made the necessary adjustments to handle defenses like the Saints.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/tony-romo-s-take-on-sam-darnold-s-return-vs-the-cowboys

He did not take a dig at Garrett. How did you get that . You don't like Garrett you take a dig,

nobody

Reaction score
the days of romo and garrett attending stars and mavs games together disappeared when dak kept the job. it broke apart their friendship. but I don't think tony would disparage garrett in anything other than a professional context. as an announcer, it would be in bad taste.

I think what broke apart the friendship was the constant "This is your team. Of course you get your job back when you're healed" only to not be given his job back or even a chance to earn it....thus making everything he'd been told a lie.

cern

Reaction score
I think what broke apart the friendship was the constant "This is your team. Of course you get your job back when you're healed" only to not be given his job back or even a chance to earn it....thus making everything he'd been told a lie.
no doubt. but I think garrett was overridden by Stephen and jerry. they interviewed the team captains and a lot of other players who all said they should stick with the hot hand. it sucked for tony.

nobody

Reaction score
no doubt. but I think garrett was overridden by Stephen and jerry. they interviewed the team captains and a lot of other players who all said they should stick with the hot hand. it sucked for tony.

Yeah, and I understand sticking with the hot hand, but I don't think Garrett was overridden. I think he fully agreed...otherwise the friendship wouldn't have dissolved. Tony would have seen Garrett fight for him.

It's circumstantial evidence, but it makes the most sense.

Dre11

Reaction score
For anyone who is willing to listen without JG jock sniffer filter, Romo says Jets would need a great scheme. Jets can't expect to win going one on one against the Cowboys because we are too talented.

Basically taking a dig at JG's "Scheme don't matter. Just fight and beat the man across from you." mantra.

Lol...ok Mr. Try hard. There's nothing there that's a dig.....lol

Dre11

Reaction score
Romo is really bashing Garrett, he is saying that talent wise cowboys are un-beatable , but with a good scheme they are beatable because of the lack of head coaching .

Coaching is inherent in the word 'scheme' in the NFL.
Romo used the word 'scheme' because he knows garrett is terrible .

Another try hard...lol amazing the things these fools try to come up with...lol

Dre11

Reaction score
ROMO:
"Hey we are going to beat these guys one on one , you know Dallas is very talented .
However this is the same type of scheme that New Orleans had and I think sometimes the style can make it difficult., & I expect it to be a little tougher for Dallas than many people think ..."

Of course Romo said that cowboys can be beaten with scheme , and not one on one .

Of course he said it .

That says nothing about Jason Garrett. He's saying The Jets can't just line up and beat Dallas. Period.

Dre11

Reaction score
I was thinking exactly the same thing as you. I watched the whole interview, and there was nothing even remotely suggesting any type of shot at JG.

I find it hard to believe that the OP even believes that.

He'll run and hide now...lol