Romo Must Man Up...

DABOYZ

Reaction score
And take responsibility for this loss.

We gave him all the credit when we were winning big. But it is about time he step up and say "I lost this game."

I know special teams and our O-line didn't play that well today but Romo's fumbles have reminded me of the Q-Carter days. Absolutely horrible!!

He missed wide open receivers again and again. The guy can not give us another half A**** press conference telling us how close the game was.

The sky is not falling yet but it is pretty damn close. Romo acts like he has no heart/confidence. He has become a joke. I just hope the Cowboys fans who are able to call in to local radio shows light him up tomorrow. He needs a big time wake up call. Benching him against the Rams might be a good thing for this entire team.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it seem that Romo is going to be the kind of QB that puts up stats but never comes through for you when you need him most? I hope I'm wrong.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Unreal. He was one of a handful of guys who played hard. His O-line on the other hand...

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Over half the times he stepped back to throw he was hit. Yeah, I don't think it's on him.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
DABOYZ;2330404 said:
And take responsibility for this loss.

We gave him all the credit when we were winning big. But it is about time he step up and say "I lost this game."

I know special teams and our O-line didn't play that well today but Romo's fumbles have reminded me of the Q-Carter days. Absolutely horrible!!

He missed wide open receivers again and again. The guy can not give us another half A**** press conference telling us how close the game was.

The sky is not falling yet but it is pretty damn close. Romo acts like he has no heart/confidence. He has become a joke. I just hope the Cowboys fans who are able to call in to local radio shows light him up tomorrow. He needs a big time wake up call. Benching him against the Rams might be a good thing for this entire team.

Sorry, can't agree with you on this. There were any number of players (and coaches) that I would say lost the game today before I'd point any fingers at Romo. Was he perfect? No. But there were a few players that were horrid with their play directly leading to the outcome of the game, and Romo is not in that group.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Did you actualy watch the game? He was hit just about everytime he dropped back to pass. Out great OL was whipped all game long. Plus our receivers can't get any seperation. I don't rememebr too many wide open receivers all night.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
DIAF;2330419 said:
Is it just me, or does it seem that Romo is going to be the kind of QB that puts up stats but never comes through for you when you need him most? I hope I'm wrong.
No. He has been put in many situations where he was put in the position to win the game with limited time on the clock, and has come through the majority of the time. He is not playing his best right now, but he is good in pressure situations.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Heres the deal, yes he was getting hit. But he did have enough time on many occasions to check down to his 3rd and 4th reads. ie...Witten and Barber.

So yes he was getting hit, but on the other hand he wasn't getting hit on every play like some might suggest. As for the fumbles, its called taking care of the ball. We teach kids in little league to hold the ball with both hands when pressure gets a little to tight.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2330465 said:
Did you actualy watch the game? He was hit just about everytime he dropped back to pass. Out great OL was whipped all game long. Plus our receivers can't get any seperation. I don't rememebr too many wide open receivers all night.
:signmast:

StylisticS

Reaction score
What Romo needs to do is become aware of the pocket presence and just throw it away if it collapses or if there is nothing there. Other than that, Romo still is an incredible qb. He has 14 touchdowns to 5 INTS (with none today) this season. He had solid stats today. It's the freaking oline. He was knocked down 19 times today. The offensive struggles today all comes down to the oline.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
1. i said we were going no where with Wade Phillips as head coach.
2.i said Bruce reid should have been fired as special teams coach.
3.i said Romo did nothing to get better during this offseason.i think we all see that now.
4.Byran stewart. i said the guy should have been fired after last season. he's in over his head.
5.and i said if Jerry did not bring in another bigtime WR,teams would take Owens out of the game and make guys like crayton beat them. that's what is happening every week now.
we are in trouble folks.there is a real chance that this team does not even make the playoffs.it's sickening to see this.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo got tossed around like a ragdoll today. That will result in mistakes batted passes and fumbles. Any QB would make those mistakes under those circumstances so it's hard for me to pin this on him.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hostile;2330429 said:
Unreal. He was one of a handful of guys who played hard. His O-line on the other hand...

We can blame the line, but Romo has changed. He basically admitted so by saying he's been studying Brady and trying to mimic (not verbatim) his pocket presence. The line may have seemed better last year, because Romo was making plays with his feet. Now all he does is get hit and fumble.

It was no more obvious than on his last fumble, - that he did recover. Did he forget he was flushed out the pocket? Why would he think his pursuer would simply disappear and even try to throw that ball?

Last year he would have run and gained some yards, this year is a different story.

I wouldn't lay it all on him, but I do lay some on him. He changed unnecessarily.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
DMX690;2330415 said:
We must have the dumbest fans in the league:bang2:

These same dumb fans are the ones who stuck with the Cowboy's over the last ten years. Remember it is the same dumb fans who purchase $100-$600 seats and expect a good product.

So if you are happy with a bad product.....I would have to question the "dumbest fans" comment.

Go cheer for the Eagles, Mr. low expectations.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
I agree with both arguments the protection was horrible but tony held the ball too long trying to be tom brady instead of taking off and that botched shotgun snap was his fault, and he just was off on alot of throws when he had time.