Romo needs to keep his head up

Aquinas

Reaction score
I'm as disappointed as anyone about this loss, although I'm not worried--at least not yet. The Giants had a rough start last season but finished strong; we had a great start but finished weak. There's still time to turn this thing around, and I'd rather finish strong than start strong this season.

We won't finish strong, however, if our QB doesn't show some fire on the field. The thing I noticed most about Romo today was that he had his head down all the time. Even when he was walking to the huddle before the game-tying drive and the overtime drive, he walked there with his head down.

If I remember right, he used to only do that after throwing an interception. I remember him doing it after the fumbled snap against Seattle, and after the loss to the Giants last year. But now he does it all the time. Maybe he's concentrating, or maybe he's getting into "the zone" or something. Or maybe something is wrong. Is he trying to be the cool QB who shows that he has it all under control? Is he depressed? Is he bored with the game? Is he down on himself? Is this tied into all his recent mistakes?

We need a QB who keeps his head up, looks his team in the eye, and inspires his teammates' confidence. Troy Aikman used to do that--you never saw him walking to a huddle with his head down. Romo looks like a defeated man before he even gets to the huddle.

daniukid

Reaction score
My friends and I were remarking at that too. He seems to be sitting and sulking? He needs to get inspired and give everyone a pep talk to get going. I know that everyone is a professional who gets paid, but it doesn't hurt to have your leader leading.

dre1614

Reaction score
Aquinas;2331982 said:
I'm as disappointed as anyone about this loss, although I'm not worried--at least not yet. The Giants had a rough start last season but finished strong; we had a great start but finished weak. There's still time to turn this thing around, and I'd rather finish strong than start strong this season.

We won't finish strong, however, if our QB doesn't show some fire on the field. The thing I noticed most about Romo today was that he had his head down all the time. Even when he was walking to the huddle before the game-tying drive and the overtime drive, he walked there with his head down.

If I remember right, he used to only do that after throwing an interception. I remember him doing it after the fumbled snap against Seattle, and after the loss to the Giants last year. But now he does it all the time. Maybe he's concentrating, or maybe he's getting into "the zone" or something. Or maybe something is wrong. Is he trying to be the cool QB who shows that he has it all under control? Is he depressed? Is he bored with the game? Is he down on himself? Is this tied into all his recent mistakes?

We need a QB who keeps his head up, looks his team in the eye, and inspires his teammates' confidence. Troy Aikman used to do that--you never saw him walking to a huddle with his head down. Romo looks like a defeated man before he even gets to the huddle.

Romo isnt Aikman.