Romo, Newman, Kozier back, RW11, Felix not

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Tony took all the first team snaps, from under center, Kosier back in his old spot and Newman going through a full practice. Felix did drills with the trainers, and should be back on Monday. Flozell has broken fingers on right hand. He chooses not to report it on the injury report.

Roy Williams was not there, no one knows why. May be moving this week............... great time to do it, when tony comes back!

as per Eatman and Bill Jones on Talking Cowboys, on right now at www.ticket760.com

EDIT: Roy's son is having a medical procedure, he will be back tomorrow.

juck

Reaction score
so flo has broken fingers on right hand and a stinger on left?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the updates, Mr. Cowboy. Sounds like things are picking up.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Lets just hope that Flo can in the back of his mind realize that the season is in jeopardy, man up and do his *** job the way he's supposed to. I know he's hurting, but at this stage of the season, what player isint?

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Flozell was just put on the injury report. He's listed as questionable, with a crack running vertically along the middle of his butt.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Thrilled to hear that Romo, Newman, and Kosar are practicing. Looking forward to Felix returning. These are all very positive things to hear.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2403395 said:
Thrilled to hear that Romo, Newman, and Kosar are practicing. Looking forward to Felix returning. These are all very positive things to hear.

wait a second... so the Cowboys get rid of 40 year old Brad Johnson, and now they go out and sign 44 year old Bernie Kosar? :bang2:

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Great news about Newman. I expected his situationto linger. Hopefully, no setbacks. Flozell's problems this year seem clearly injury-related. Try playing with a stinger and broken fingers. Felix is a huge threat this failing offense needs. Romo's return is bigger than huge. The RW11 thing scared me when I read the headline. Hopefully he's back tomorrow tostart getting some work in with Romo. God I hope we bounce back in a big way.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
xWraithx;2403413 said:
wait a second... so that Cowboys get rid of 40 year old Brad Johnson, and now they go out and sign 44 year old Bernie Kosar? :bang2:

Umm did I spell is last name wrong or something? I'm talking about our LG not another over-the-hill QB.

I really hope you weren't bashing your head into the wall over a spelling mistake cause that would be just...yeah.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
there is no way Romo is taking snaps from under Center...remember he has a broken pinkie and it takes 4 - 6 weeks to heal. He can't grip the ball and he cannot handle a snap from under Center.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2403421 said:
Umm did I spell is last name wrong or something? I'm talking about our LG not another over-the-hill QB.

I really hope you weren't bashing your head into the wall over a spelling mistake cause that would be just...yeah.

:bang2: (that's me bashing my head against a wall frustrated about my humor flying way over your head)

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2403316 said:
Tony took all the first team snaps, from under center, Kosier back in his old spot and Newman going through a full practice. Felix did drills with the trainers, and should be back on Monday. Flozell has broken fingers on right hand. He chooses not to report it on the injury report.

Roy Williams was not there, no one knows why. May be moving this week............... great time to do it, when tony comes back!

as per Eatman and Bill Jones on Talking Cowboys, on right now at www.ticket760.com

EDIT: Roy's son is having a medical procedure, he will be back tomorrow.

Looking like things are slowly but surely improving.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
bbailey423;2403423 said:
there is no way Romo is taking snaps from under Center...remember he has a broken pinkie and it takes 4 - 6 weeks to heal. He can't grip the ball and he cannot handle a snap from under Center.

Either my humor is really off today or this is just silly.

xWraithx;2403430 said:
:bang2: (that's me bashing my head against a wall frustrated about my humor flying way over your head)

My bad.

ddh33

Reaction score
I know the obituary has already been written, but this team is going to write its own story with what happens over the next few weeks. I know I feel a whole lot better knowing that some of these guys are going to have a say in what happens.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
ddh33;2403463 said:
I know the obituary has already been written, but this team is going to write its own story with what happens over the next few weeks. I know I feel a whole lot better knowing that some of these guys are going to have a say in what happens.
I know I'm going to feel a lot better watching Romo throwing to Roy Williams, TO, and Witten with Felix coming out of the backfield along with Barber. Much better than the alternative we've had the last few weeks.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FWST Blog

Romo returns to practice
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo returned to practice on Wednesday. His right hand was wrapped and he was wearing a small splint on his broken right pinkie. During the open locker room session, Romo was not wearing any protection on his hand.

Romo took simulated snaps from the equipment managers and appeared to be throwing without completely cutting loose. Some of the throws were also a little wobbly. He is still trying to make the adjustment of taking the snap and gripping the ball quickly to make a throw.

It was the first time he has practiced since the week of the Rams game. He is expected to start against Washington on Nov. 16.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 02:19 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Williams misses practice because of son's surgery
Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams missed practice on Wednesday to be with his son, who is having a tonsillectomy. He will have only more more chance this week (Thursday) to work with Tony Romo. The two have not yet practiced together. Romo returned wearing a small splint on his broken right pinkie which is close to being fully healed.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 02:06 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Felix says he won't go this week

Cowboys rookie running back Felix Jones, who is working his way back from a pulled hamstring, says he probably won't practice Wednesday and Thursday. Those are the Cowboys only two practice days this week.

Not to fear Cowboys fans, because he is expected to play against Washington. He will likely practice for the first time next Monday. Jones says he has been running well without pain. He has missed the past three games.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 01:05 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Well if we are going to sink. I would rather sink with everyone on the ship.

But I don't think we will sink.