Romo overthrowing recievers

l0ngsh0t

Reaction score
Went back and watched the game after watching the "Anatomy of a Play" video on NFL.com. I think it was very noble of Witten to take the blame, but him "slipping" really had nothing to do with the int. I noticed that Romo did not follow through on his throw once he got pressure in his face. Once Woodely comes free he immediately pulls his arm back to protect his pinky.

I went back and watched the game and noticed that all of the plays in which he had pressure in his face, he drastically overthrew the pass.

I think he needs to put the cast back on if he is going to have that great a concern over his finger. I'm a huge Romo fan, so don't think I'm ripping him. I just wanted to point out that fear of getting re-injured could have been a contributing factor to his errant throws.

hendog

Reaction score
I think you're right. I said the same thing acouple of days ago in a different thread. Charlie Waters said as much also.

Boysboy

Reaction score
l0ngsh0t;2481341 said:
Went back and watched the game after watching the "Anatomy of a Play" video on NFL.com. I think it was very noble of Witten to take the blame, but him "slipping" really had nothing to do with the int. I noticed that Romo did not follow through on his throw once he got pressure in his face. Once Woodely comes free he immediately pulls his arm back to protect his pinky.

I went back and watched the game and noticed that all of the plays in which he had pressure in his face, he drastically overthrew the pass.

I think he needs to put the cast back on if he is going to have that great a concern over his finger. I'm a huge Romo fan, so don't think I'm ripping him. I just wanted to point out that fear of getting re-injured could have been a contributing factor to his errant throws.

So it's not TO's fault, like Jason Whitlock said?

l0ngsh0t

Reaction score
I think TO has to do a better job of playing defense on some of those bad throws. He's gotta help his QB out. Not every pass is gonna be perfect. It seems as though he just quits when he realizes that he won't catch it.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
It was overthrown a bit for sure, but if Witten doesn't slip, he at would have at least had a chance to catch it, knock it down or at the very least would have been in a better position to tackle the guy that intercepted it.

l0ngsh0t

Reaction score
bootyhunta;2481380 said:
It was overthrown a bit for sure, but if Witten doesn't fall, he at would have at least had a chance to catch it, knock it down or at the very least would have been in a better position to tackle the guy that intercepted it.

Go to NFL.com and watch the Anatomy of a Play video. Witten didn't fall - and I'm not even sure he really slipped.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
l0ngsh0t;2481365 said:
I think TO has to do a better job of playing defense on some of those bad throws. He's gotta help his QB out. Not every pass is gonna be perfect. It seems as though he just quits when he realizes that he won't catch it.

Agreed.

I'm not a T.O. hater, but on the 2nd interception he should have been all over Ike Taylor. It would have been a minor penalty considering their field position.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
If these overthrows are coming when Romo is seing pressure in his face, isn't he doing the right thing by overthrowing the pass? That way, either the receiver will miraculously come up with it or it will sail over the WR and defender, thus avoiding an INT. Is it possible that under durress, Romo is throwing the ball high on purpose?

bootyhunta

Reaction score
l0ngsh0t;2481383 said:
Go to NFL.com and watch the Anatomy of a Play video. Witten didn't fall - and I'm not even sure he really slipped.

I just watched it... he definitely slipped a little bit.

l0ngsh0t

Reaction score
It caused his last int, so I would say no. It's not a good thing to be inaccurate. Another thing that concerns me is Procter playing against Tuck. Tuck is gonna be in Romo's face all day. Hopefully it doesn't affect him as much this game.

l0ngsh0t

Reaction score
bootyhunta;2481424 said:
I just watched it... he definitely slipped a little bit.

It looked to me that maybe his ankle turned or something because it didn't look like his feet slipped. Regardless the way that ball was thrown - it wouldn't have mattered had he come out of his break clean.