1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Romo, Romo, Romo! **merged**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ranching, Dec 11, 2016.

1. GoJacks

GoJacks Well-Known Member

531 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    He should have started when he was healthy.

2. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

18,196 Messages
    16,457 Likes Received
    Difference being here: Dak is progressively getting worse. The "L" isn't the issue, it's HOW he is playing.

QB coming off a year with no play, not being 100% perfect = excusable
    QB playing in 13 games, progressively getting worse - inexcusable, rookie or not

I have said before, getting an L happens. A lot of factors, but when that HUGE factor is the starting QB who had a god awful performance and still raises question if he can make those big NFL throws consistently.

Dak should lose his job tonight. Won't happen, but it should.

3. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

3,202 Messages
    2,159 Likes Received
    They owe it to themselves to see what Romo looks like with this oline and Zeke. When? I am not sure but Dak playing like this won't win us a SB, I think most of us would agree.

4. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

18,196 Messages
    16,457 Likes Received
    LOL you put Tony in for ONE game to take away a year long rust and hope he's ready for a big playoff game? You might as well stick with Dak at that point.

You either start Romo next week or maybe even against the Lions or you let it go. Sadly it will be noodle arm Dak the entire way. Can't wait to face the Giants again in the playoffs just for Dak to put up another stinker.

daveferr33 likes this.
  5. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

10,209 Messages
    5,825 Likes Received
    At half-time

6. Gator88

Gator88 Well-Known Member

1,200 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    It's going to be frustrating if they lose to the Giants with Dak when Romo hasn't lost to them since what, 2012? He has their number.

WillieBeamen, daveferr33 and Amy50632 like this.
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

19,994 Messages
    14,128 Likes Received
    That's the definition of a meritocracy.

Ranching likes this.
  8. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

19,240 Messages
    19,873 Likes Received
    so Romo is allowed a bad game or 2, but Dak has to win them all? Is that the way it goes? If Romo stinks it up, do you pull him for Sanchez? I don't get the idea that if Dak plays one bad game, loses one game, you have to sit him. If that's the way we roll, the same should apply to Romo, first bad game and it's back to the bench!

9. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,815 Messages
    41,670 Likes Received
    It won't really matter in the end. We go back to Tony and he isn't his old self, the season's over.

10. TimHortons

TimHortons TheXFactor

1,341 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    If Dak plays poorly in the first half, then I agree.

11. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

10,987 Messages
    4,766 Likes Received
    Because the team was on fire and our particular coaches didn't want to mess it up. This isn't right if they know who the better player is in practice and on the field.
    Chemistry is great in the lab or romantic relationships. In football it means nothing and just masks what gives it any meaning in the first place - winning.

Amy50632 and jrumann59 like this.
  12. SoBlue128

SoBlue128 Well-Known Member

1,209 Messages
    1,734 Likes Received
    Blitz Romo is he mobile enough to move around and find his open read

13. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

6,457 Messages
    8,598 Likes Received
    Romo hasn't been out of the second round of the playoffs over a ten year career, so what exactly is the evidence that he's going to take us to a superbowl?

14. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

10,971 Messages
    16,054 Likes Received
    They won't wait that long. Romo needs some time to knock the rust off...

15. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

5,712 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    Did you see him on the sideline? He was PISSED. And for good reason, he would have turned that Giants' pass defense into mincemeat, That loss had as much to do with Dak's inexperience as anything, the book has been written on him and it's a bestseller across the league by now.

For the love of God, we have a HOF QB on the sideline and we got a 2 interception, under fifty percent completion throwing rookie who is going to throw away the entire season. My God.

16. okstateCowboy

okstateCowboy Well-Known Member

1,622 Messages
    3,026 Likes Received
    At this point Romo will not be in the HOF. Zero chance.

17. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

3,847 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received
    I wouldn't either and I am one that thought he should have been in there as quick as he was healthy and is by the far the best QB on the team. However, they made this decision so they have to ride it. But if he continues to suck like the last several weeks, you have to consider it. 50 other players that deserve to have the best shot possible at a SB. That is not Dak.

18. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

3,202 Messages
    2,159 Likes Received
    He never had this good of an offense, Romo 2014 > Dak 2016. They must find out if that version of Tony still exists.

WillieBeamen and Amy50632 like this.
  19. MileyDancer

MileyDancer Benched

3,669 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
  20. Lutonio

Lutonio Well-Known Member

1,655 Messages
    2,470 Likes Received
    As the offense sputters and gasps, it is becoming harder to argue against this. Tampa will be the last chance.