Romo, Romo, Romo! **merged**

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We won't win in the playoffs with the hot mess we have put out there the last two weeks.
I am getting a 2007 vibe.........this team has "one and done" written all over it

In December is when teams that make deep playoff runs start getting hot, not back dooring it into the playoffs.

If we lose to Tampa, I see the wheels coming off this thing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
30+ point lead or Dak gets hurt.

The only way Romo gets playing time.
Not sure what Dak has accomplished that makes him untouchable now:huh:

If he continues to struggle, why would you not make a change? I didn't see Denver treating Osweiler like royalty, when he started struggling they put Manning back in the lineup and they ended up winning a SuperBowl.

Don't see why that is not a viable option here if Dak continues to not convert third downs, he is 2-23 the last two games.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Did you see him on the sideline? He was PISSED. And for good reason, he would have turned that Giants' pass defense into mincemeat, That loss had as much to do with Dak's inexperience as anything, the book has been written on him and it's a bestseller across the league by now.

For the love of God, we have a HOF QB on the sideline and we got a 2 interception, under fifty percent completion throwing rookie who is going to throw away the entire season. My God.

If Garrett sticks with Dak and the rookie continues to struggle or puts up a stinker in the playoffs and we get eliminated while Romo watches from the sideline, it will define Garrett for the rest of his coaching career here. These seasons don't come very often, we will probably not be 11-1 again for a very long time, and if this season is botched it will hover over this organization for a very long time.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Garrett sticks with Dak and the rookie continues to struggle or puts up a stinker in the playoffs and we get eliminated while Romo watches from the sideline, it will define Garrett for the rest of his coaching career here. These seasons don't come very often, we will probably not be 11-1 again for a very long time, and if this season is botched it will hover over this organization for a very long time.

As much as I dislike Garrett, that won't be his call....even if I want to blame him :D

waving monkey

Reaction score
BS, if Dak struggles against TB, you replace him. Its one thing that he is the only QB on the roster and his back up has no "skins on the wall" but you have Romo most of the guys here know what Romo can do. If this team is as "selfless" as they say then it is a non-issue. Sorry egos have no place here when you are having a "special" season.
No egos would be about advancing to the future and thats Dakota

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What's up with this insult? It's not even directed at me but it's uncalled for.

I agree, the insults being lobbed at the folks suggesting Romo should be put back into the lineup is uncalled for.

However, I will give the Dak fan boys some latitude tonight. They are all a little edgy because their boy choked like a dog with division championship t-shirts waiting in the lockerroom.

So its understandable they are a little edgy tonight.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Just kidding........or am I? What say you?
i'd say these are troll type posts to rile things up but it's bound to happen.

kid had a bad night and now people use this as their own reason to dive back to someone else who can "save us" from what got us here.

kevm3

Reaction score

What exactly will it define? 11 and 1 seasons don't come often, which is why you don't bench the quarter back that got you the 11 and 1 season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Or it could be that they don't like watching a rookie piss away a division title and home field advantage?

That would be my guess.

Did that happen? *checks standings* Nope, the Cowboys are still 2 up with 3 to play. Their 2 losses are by a combined 4 points. :rolleyes:

Romo has 2 playoff wins. The one time he had home field advantage the Cowboys lost their first playoff game. I love the guy, but he's not a guarantee of anything. He's hardly played the last 2 seasons and he's 36 years old.

kevm3

Reaction score
That's not even close to what he said. Stop making things up
He said the Cowboys actually have a run game, insinuating that Philly doesn't... essentially saying that Matthews and Sproles are not considered viable options in the run game.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
i'd say these are troll type posts to rile things up but it's bound to happen.

kid had a bad night and now people use this as their own reason to dive back to someone else who can "save us" from what got us here.
But it's not been one bad night. It's been three below average performances, but the team still won two of them despite this. It's nothing to be ashamed of because he's a rookie. But the tougher defenses are giving him fits that are causing bad decisions, accuracy, and mechanics to rear themselves. Desiring a veteran such as Romo because they feel he gives the team a better chance to win doesn't mean someone is anti-Dak. I never understood this false dichotomy.

noletime95

Reaction score
But it's not been one bad night. It's been three below average performances, but the team still won two of them despite this. It's nothing to be ashamed of because he's a rookie. But the tougher defenses are giving him fits that are causing bad decisions, accuracy, and mechanics to rear themselves. Desiring a veteran such as Romo because they feel he gives the team a better chance to win doesn't mean someone is anti-Dak. I never understood this false dichotomy.
Exactly, two straight clunkers and three straight under 200 yards. Love the kid but Romo is just sitting there.