Romo, Romo, Romo! **merged**

kevm3

Reaction score
How about we pull up what happened when Romo last faced two tough defenses. What happened in Carolina? Got knocked out of the game and threw several interceptions. What happened against Seattle in preaseason? Got knocked out of the game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What exactly will it define? 11 and 1 seasons don't come often, which is why you don't bench the quarter back that got you the 11 and 1 season.

Wins and quarterback play are two different things............Dak has played like crap for 3 games, averaging only 166 yards and 2-24 on third downs. That is the issue and the problem right now.

Now can a team still win with a QB playing like crap, absolutely......but it doesn't change the fact he is still playing like crap.........see Chicago Bears and Rex Grossman.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Did that happen? *checks standings* Nope, the Cowboys are still 2 up with 3 to play. Their 2 losses are by a combined 4 points. :rolleyes:

Romo has 2 playoff wins. The one time he had home field advantage the Cowboys lost their first playoff game. I love the guy, but he's not a guarantee of anything. He's hardly played the last 2 seasons and he's 36 years old.

Yes, let's just ignore the sub 50% completion rate, the two ints, the 7 points scored, and the general lack of anything resembling an accurate deep pass and focus on the record! Because it's not like Romo was playing at an MVP level the last time he played or anything. Just out of curiosity, why does Dak get a free pass? Why are you so critical of Romo - do you not like great QBs?

Dodger12

Reaction score
Not sure what Dak has accomplished that makes him untouchable now:huh:

If he continues to struggle, why would you not make a change? I didn't see Denver treating Osweiler like royalty, when he started struggling they put Manning back in the lineup and they ended up winning a SuperBowl.

Don't see why that is not a viable option here if Dak continues to not convert third downs, he is 2-23 the last two games.

I agree Beast. My biggest issue was that I started to feel like Dak was the "future" and the new franchise QB. Now I'm not so sure and it's not because of the loss. I mean, he was just putrid and looked like a rookie 4th round pick. I always said Dak has had the benefit of Zek and a D that has played well above it's head and the D has been my second biggest surprise behind Dak.

And I know the conditions were horrible last night. But if you're going to be successful in our division, you have to be able to win in Philly, NY and DC at the end of the year and in the cold. Same with GB and Seattle if you want to go anywhere in the playoffs. And I know we'll probably have home field advantage this season but I'm also looking long term. The remainder of the season is going to get real interesting if Dak doesn't bounce back next game.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
How about we pull up what happened when Romo last faced two tough defenses. What happened in Carolina? Got knocked out of the game and threw several interceptions. What happened against Seattle in preaseason? Got knocked out of the game.

See, it's logic like this that makes me realize some of Dak's supporters just have an agenda. Yeah, that's a fair comparison. Romo with a broken collarbone. Good job.

kevm3

Reaction score
See, it's logic like this that makes me realize some of Dak's supporters just have an agenda. Yeah, that's a fair comparison. Romo with a broken collarbone. Good job.

You mean the agenda that's been displayed here with Romo fans rubbing their hands at the first sign of Dak losing a game so they can make a proposition for their boy to come in? So what happened in Seattle during preseason?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Did that happen? *checks standings* Nope, the Cowboys are still 2 up with 3 to play. Their 2 losses are by a combined 4 points. :rolleyes:

Romo has 2 playoff wins. The one time he had home field advantage the Cowboys lost their first playoff game. I love the guy, but he's not a guarantee of anything. He's hardly played the last 2 seasons and he's 36 years old.

Romo has won his last 6 games against the Giants.................without Romo we are 0-3

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He said the Cowboys actually have a run game, insinuating that Philly doesn't... essentially saying that Matthews and Sproles are not considered viable options in the run game.
You cant compare the running game of the best OL in football, a top 3 RB against that of Phillie with a makeshift offensive line, a scatback and a nearly guy in Matthews.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Wow, you are actually using the game Romo had to come back early in order to save the season last year. Romo said it was not healed a 100% but he was going to play anyways because the season was slipping away and he got hit and it broke again.

So you are using that game as a reason to keep Dak "cant convert 3rd down" Prescott in the lineup?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
You mean the agenda that's been displayed here with Romo fans rubbing their hands at the first sign of Dak losing a game so they can make a proposition for their boy to come in? So what happened in Seattle during preseason?

He got hurt. I remember one time Tom Brady got hurt in the very first game of the year. I remember one time when Aaron Rodgers got hurt and couldn't help his team In their playoff chase. In fact, I remember QBs getting hurt lots of times. What exactly is your point? That players get hurt sometimes? And this is your reason for keeping Romo on the sideline?

risco

Reaction score
I was one that was ABSOLUTELY against Dak staying as the starter. I hated the decision. It seemed to rash from my opinion. However, you can't pull Dak. This the bed you made, sleep in it.
Dude- Romo would be lucky to make it out of a quarter- one hit and he's probably done.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Dak has looked flat out awful two weeks in a row and for good portions of many other games.The lack of pocket presence, slow decision-making, and inaccuracy issues have been very apparent during games against better defenses. The issues we're seeing now, we saw vs Philly, Baltimore, Minnesota, and NY twice. This stuff is to be expected from a rookie. However, these issues will cause a quick exit from the playoffs and are unacceptable when you have a QB like Romo on the bench.Dak is like 2/22 last 24 3rd downs and many were very manageable distances. HUGE RED FLAG. I pray that these coaches/Jerry/Stephen etc. don't blow a great chance at a Lombardi by being stubborn and unable to admit that they need to make a change.

canters

Reaction score
I can say with much certainty that if Romo had played all,year, he would have missed some time by now with his various issues, and would have many more interceptions than Dak.

Tomy was a very very good QB when in his time that played on some poor teams. His time is over.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i'd say these are troll type posts to rile things up but it's bound to happen.

kid had a bad night and now people use this as their own reason to dive back to someone else who can "save us" from what got us here.
Not meant to rile things up, just curious what everyone is thinking. Passionate fans always debate things like this. Keeps it interesting.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Have to stick with Dak, although it's very disappointing to see the best QB in the stadium not playing on SNF...,.Just sayin........

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not meant to rile things up, just curious what everyone is thinking. Passionate fans always debate things like this. Keeps it interesting.
nah - it was coming one way or another. :) it just seems there are people waiting for a controversy and on this team, the wait is seldom long. :)

rags747

Reaction score
Cowboyszone is working on Safezone. It should be up in a couple of weeks. There will be coloring books.
Dak IMO has the Bucs game to turn this around, if he throws another stinker there Romo will get the last two games to get into game shape and make a run in the playoffs. Romo with this run game could be killer, Romo has seen all of these defenses before, while he has slowed down physically his mind and release are still lightning quick. The threat of Romo's downfield passing game and play action will only soften defenses up further for the Feed Me monster Zeke.

I like Play-Doh...