Romo seemed sulky the entire game

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
What the heck was with him? Usually he gives off a relaxed 'I'm having fun out here' vibe but today he just had an attitude problem. Even when they were ahead or scored he just seemed like he was sulking.

Did Jessica break up with him or something?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Yeah, he looked annoyed at the play calling all game.

I think he was tired of running that fake pass, then hand off to MBIII over and over again.

Maybe he was thinking Wade has lost a little faith in him because of the turnovers?

I say let the kid do what he wants. If he screws it up and we lose then he gets the blame. But not allowing him to be creative and free wheeling will only hurt this offense at the end of the day IMO.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, I really hate that. Tony is going to be our QB for a while now, and he's not a kid anymore. He got the huge contract and he's considered one of the better QBs in the league. So he really needs to work on his body language, because like it or not, the whole team looks to him as a leader. He has to stand tall and act like a leader when things go badly instead of slumping his shoulders and sticking his lower lip out.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I think he plays better when he's loose, hasn't looked that way at all this year.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had his head down a lot. As a leader, I wish he would he would behave more positively in the face of adversity. That being said, he threw two late TDs, so....

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Listening to Wade's presser, a reported asked him why TO was crying on the bench after he scored the TD. TO took the podium and answered no questions, but announced that he is a man of God and professed his glory for God.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I don't know whats wrong with him, but something is off and its been like that since game 1. I remember last year he used to make plays, now he is costing us points.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2310316 said:
Yeah, he looked annoyed at the play calling all game.

I think he was tired of running that fake pass, then hand off to MBIII over and over again.

Maybe he was thinking Wade has lost a little faith in him because of the turnovers?

I say let the kid do what he wants. If he screws it up and we lose then he gets the blame. But not allowing him to be creative and free wheeling will only hurt this offense at the end of the day IMO.

In a multi million dollar business on a team with the expectations this team has, the whole "if he screws it up and we lose then he gets the blame" doesn't cut it. The fact of the matter is, Romo was directly responsible for two turnovers in this game. It's a good thing we were playing the lowly Bengals because a good team eats your lunch for **** like that. Ball security needs to be Romo's #1 priority or they DO need to scale back the play-calling to favor the run. Let him sulk. Protect the ball and he won't have to worry about it.

juck

Reaction score
Romo was throwing ducks all day,I think something was up.Maybe he was sick.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Romo's got to pick up his body language, especially when the team is struggling. Stop sulking like a little boy.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Hopefully it's just his body language, and not an accurate depiction of the way he feels. He did the same thing after the fumbled FG snap in Seattle, but we still had another chance to win the game after getting the ball back (albeit just one play from the 50). Who knows, he might actually be intense and focused when it looks like he's sulking, but it certainly doesn't look good.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Tass;2310263 said:
What the heck was with him? Usually he gives off a relaxed 'I'm having fun out here' vibe but today he just had an attitude problem. Even when they were ahead or scored he just seemed like he was sulking.

Did Jessica break up with him or something?
You know what comes with super stardom, and being the QB on Americas team, and being a no one made into a super celebrity, and having the opportunity to date the Simpson's of the world?

When you accept all of that, the other side of it is the continuous bashing from the dark side of the media, and the constant "eyes on you" , this is what it is, you want the fame, then the pain comes with it.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I think his streak of 8 games with an interception is getting to his head.

If he can go just ONE game w/o an INT, he will be back to his old self.

mmohican29

Reaction score
He really hasn't looked right all year. He looks big-time distracted, almost disinterested. Superstardom came much easier to him last season it appears. This season it seems very very burdensome.

goshan

Reaction score
Romo does that a lot when he makes bad plays.
Today was nothing normal.
It may be a technique for self-focus.
But I agree it looks bad.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2310365 said:
I don't know whats wrong with him, but something is off and its been like that since game 1. I remember last year he used to make plays, now he is costing us points.

Maybe Nick Lachey called and wants Jessica back...:p:

Seriously I agree. His body language is like that of a kid that's been sent to his room and he's pouting!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think this is a VERY big reason why it is the way it is this year. I mentioned that to my wife today after seeing him on camera, telling her that he just always seems to be down, his head down and all where last year he looked like he enjoyed the game