Romo: Shot of the day!

aria

Reaction score
Actually outside of "Cowboys" fans, Romo's is viewed as a Houdini, a great quarterback that was wasted. So much so, that recent articles have mentioned him as having a chance to make the HOF. They have no idea why Cowboy "fans" were not more appreciative. It is why I stopped frequenting the forums. I would see Romo yet again finding a way to pull out a victory and only find criticism from Cowboy "fans". We would look atrocious, Romo avoiding sack after sack, and yet pulling off am improbable victory, getting the most from the parts around him. Getting superstar numbers with Miles and Dez and of course Witten. So no, you've got it backwards.
So you read a couple articles glorifying him and stopped visiting the forums because of the fan criticism but apparently now everyone has “seen the light” so you decided to return and grace us with your one sided perspective? Got it.

Part of him avoiding sack after sack is what cut a few of his seasons short (and us making the playoffs) which ultimately led to cutting his career short.

Superstar numbers with HOF’ers (you forgot to mention TO) who would have ever thought? That truly is going above and beyond. Speaking of, how come we don’t have a Witten appreciation thread 3 times a week and discuss how great he is at everything in life? (with the exception of broadcasting).

aria

Reaction score
If he has nothing to do with the team anymore, what's the purpose of bringing up his past mistakes? Seems pointless to me. Wasn't there a song to that effect? Always something there to remind me.
I’m only contributing to the threads already there. What’s pointless is starting new threads (especially about non football related subjects such as this one) about a guy who has NOTHING to do with the Cowboys anymore.

If people are going to bring up how great he allegedly was every week without mentioning his faults and why most people here were bashing him until late in his career, then what’s wrong with keeping things in perspective?

How about I start a few threads a week highlighting his failures just as a reminder of why people wanted him gone for so many years? Or would that be dumb and pointless since he has NOTHING to do with the current Cowboys?

I wish the MOD’s would make a separate Romo forum where all the fans who want to live in the past and fantasy world by ignoring Romo’s failures can go to stroke each other while they shed tears over the “good ole days”. They can talk about how he’s the best announcer ever and will always be the best, how much better he is than Dak, how he figured out how to walk on water, how all his past failures have been magically erased from several fans minds, how he’s more relevant than current Cowboys players, how he developed his own internet cult through said mind control, how perfect each and every one of his bowel movements are...

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
So you read a couple articles glorifying him and stopped visiting the forums because of the fan criticism but apparently now everyone has “seen the light” so you decided to return and grace us with your one sided perspective? Got it.

Part of him avoiding sack after sack is what cut a few of his seasons short (and us making the playoffs) which ultimately led to cutting his career short.

Superstar numbers with HOF’ers (you forgot to mention TO) who would have ever thought? That truly is going above and beyond. Speaking of, how come we don’t have a Witten appreciation thread 3 times a week and discuss how great he is at everything in life? (with the exception of broadcasting).
No
One sided? My perspective is that of a fans.
You are simply negative, relentlessly so.
And you are obsessed with Romo.

aria

Reaction score
No
One sided? My perspective is that of a fans.
You are simply negative, relentlessly so.
And you are obsessed with Romo.
Haha...I’m obsessed with keeping it real. If you want to talk about obsession why don’t you join me in all of the Romo threads that pop up every week and ask the same people that can’t stop drooling over him why they feel the need to continuously start threads and crowbar a guy who has NOTHING to do with the Cowboys into every coaching thread?

You’re perspective is that of a fan with blinders on. You said it yourself, too many people were bashing Romo that it hurt your feelings and you left the forums until they held him up on the same pedestal you do. Once they did, you decided the forums and fans were now up to your unrealistic Romo memories and they were good enough for you to return.

I wonder if you go to the 49’ers forum if they still talk about Joe Montana several times a week. Do you think GB fans are constantly reliving the days of Favre and posting about his hunting trips every week? I bet the Jets fans still bring up Namath on a daily basis to fill that QB void in their life.

I’ve never seen or heard of a fan base obsessed with one guy who doesn’t have anything to do with the team anymore as much as Cowboys fans with Romo. Hell, Troy actually won playoff games AND some Super Bowls and he never got the attention Tony does. Why is that? I swear there needs to be a study done on this. Ever since Dak became the QB, because Tony was too fragile and hung on to the ball too long, it’s like fans have something akin to Stockhom Syndrome with Tony and he went from “a guy who could never get it done” and “it’s time to move on” to “everything Tony touches turns to gold and we should canonize him as a football saint”.

You know what’s the most ironic part? Dak is even better than Tony in several statistical areas when you compare their first few seasons but there is more hate for a guy who actually still plays here and is most likely the qb of our future. People can bash Dak several times a day and it’s perfectly acceptable on this site, I chime in on the several Romo (a guy who has NOTHING to do with the Cowboys anymore) threads that are created every week, not by me but by someone else, and I’m the one who is obsessed? Lol...wooooooooooo! That’s rich.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Haha...I’m obsessed with keeping it real. If you want to talk about obsession why don’t you join me in all of the Romo threads that pop up every week and ask the same people that can’t stop drooling over him why they feel the need to continuously start threads and crowbar a guy who has NOTHING to do with the Cowboys into every coaching thread?

You’re perspective is that of a fan with blinders on. You said it yourself, too many people were bashing Romo that it hurt your feelings and you left the forums until they held him up on the same pedestal you do. Once they did, you decided the forums and fans were now up to your unrealistic Romo memories and they were good enough for you to return.

I wonder if you go to the 49’ers forum if they still talk about Joe Montana several times a week. Do you think GB fans are constantly reliving the days of Favre and posting about his hunting trips every week? I bet the Jets fans still bring up Namath on a daily basis to fill that QB void in their life.

I’ve never seen or heard of a fan base obsessed with one guy who doesn’t have anything to do with the team anymore as much as Cowboys fans with Romo. Hell, Troy actually won playoff games AND some Super Bowls and he never got the attention Tony does. Why is that? I swear there needs to be a study done on this. Ever since Dak became the QB, because Tony was too fragile and hung on to the ball too long, it’s like fans have something akin to Stockhom Syndrome with Tony and he went from “a guy who could never get it done” and “it’s time to move on” to “everything Tony touches turns to gold and we should canonize him as a football saint”.

You know what’s the most ironic part? Dak is even better than Tony in several statistical areas when you compare their first few seasons but there is more hate for a guy who actually still plays here and is most likely the qb of our future. People can bash Dak several times a day and it’s perfectly acceptable on this site, I chime in on the several Romo (a guy who has NOTHING to do with the Cowboys anymore) threads that are created every week, not by me but by someone else, and I’m the one who is obsessed? Lol...wooooooooooo! That’s rich.
This post should be stickied.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

If Aikman had made the golf shot Tony made at Pebble Beach, I'm certain there'd be at least one thread about it.
There have been threads about Troy's work in the booth, albeit that many fans think he's biased against the Cowboys, which is silly, but if they didn't feel that way, I'm sure he'd have more threads.
Sure, some people put Romo on too high a pedestal, but as long as he's not doing anything to hurt the team or fans, I see no reason to take a chainsaw to that pedestal.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lol what does this even mean? Romo had a day off every week of practice. Probably spent those days playing golf instead of trying to get better.
Come on Hennessy.
I thought you were joking about the golf on Wednesdays. Tongue-n-cheek sort of thing.
Surely you know better. Those Wednesdays were completely laid out and it was very clear--physical therapy or weight training at the team facilities, film room or walk-through, and actually on the practice field some of the time with the team.
He completely quit golfing that year...even on weekends.
Jeez man, I KNOW you know better than this.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
If Aikman had made the golf shot Tony made at Pebble Beach, I'm certain there'd be at least one thread about it.
There have been threads about Troy's work in the booth, albeit that many fans think he's biased against the Cowboys, which is silly, but if they didn't feel that way, I'm sure he'd have more threads.
Sure, some people put Romo on too high a pedestal, but as long as he's not doing anything to hurt the team or fans, I see no reason to take a chainsaw to that pedestal.
Likewise I think it’s overkill, unhealthy and annoying to continually live in the past, ignore the truth and create threads and/or constantly reference a dude who has NOTHING to do with this team anymore. The mourning period is over, time to move on.

As I said, people constantly bash Dak and he is our current QB and that’s considered acceptable here. I wouldn’t call myself giving my opinion or reminding people of Romo’s errors taking “a chainsaw to that pedestal”. It’s called being honest and talking about reality.

Romo was a very good QB who had his chances. He won a couple playoff games in his entire career. He had some great games and also blew some big games. He liked to take risks which paid off several times but was also responsible for some of his faults and injuries. Some of the same people that criticized him (which was the norm for most of his career) now continue to make every excuse in the world for him. I guess you could call it Romonesia, it’s truly fascinating although annoying as hell.

Seriously, how are people so blind and refuse to acknowledge his weaknesses and faults? Why is it more bothersome to many that I acknowledge Tony’s strengths and contributions but also mention his errors because most others turn a blind eye?

Some call it negativity, I call it keeping it real.

I really want to understand the obsession and false narrative people have created in their own minds.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here was what a Romo Wednesday looked like
-----------------------------------------------------
per ESPN

So what does Romo do on a Wednesday?

He goes through the morning walk-through, then he heads to the weight room with strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik while his teammates practice.

"It's strengthening your core, your glutes, and hamstrings and scrawny areas -- just strengthen areas around your back," Romo said. "On top of it is squatting stuff. There is a lot that goes into it. There is upper body. There are a lot of different things."

Typically, after his 90-minute session he will head to the practice field to go through the calls with passing game coordinator Scott Linehan as Brandon Weeden takes the snaps.

"We have done a great job," Romo said. "The training staff and the weight room staff, they have been fantastic this year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Likewise I think it’s overkill, unhealthy and annoying to continually live in the past, ignore the truth and create threads and/or constantly reference a dude who has NOTHING to do with this team anymore. The mourning period is over, time to move on.

As I said, people constantly bash Dak and he is our current QB and that’s considered acceptable here. I wouldn’t call myself giving my opinion or reminding people of Romo’s errors taking “a chainsaw to that pedestal”. It’s called being honest and talking about reality.

Romo was a very good QB who had his chances. He won a couple playoff games in his entire career. He had some great games and also blew some big games. He liked to take risks which paid off several times but was also responsible for some of his faults and injuries. Some of the same people that criticized him (which was the norm for most of his career) now continue to make every excuse in the world for him. I guess you could call it Romonesia, it’s truly fascinating although annoying as hell.

Seriously, how are people so blind and refuse to acknowledge his weaknesses and faults? Why is it more bothersome to many that I acknowledge Tony’s strengths and contributions but also mention his errors because most others turn a blind eye?

Some call it negativity, I call it keeping it real.

I really want to understand the obsession and false narrative people have created in their own minds.
"Romonesia", that's good! Lol

I made the chainsaw comment because it seems to actually piss you off that people love and miss Romo, and it seems like you want to stop it every chance you get. I assume it's just more like a pet peeve, but people using the wrong form of "you're" is a pet peeve of mine that I've learned to just accept and move on, because pointing it out every time I see it would just make me look petty...even though these people GREW UP STUDYING FRIGGIN' ENGLISH AND THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

......Sorry, where was I?

dfense

Reaction score
Lol what does this even mean? Romo had a day off every week of practice. Probably spent those days playing golf instead of trying to get better.
It means, I don't think with three extra days a week, will the current QB of the Cowboys reach the level of QB play Romo achieved, even resting on wednesday. It's not that Dak doesn't put in the time or the effort. He is just physically limited as a thrower.

I completely understand how many of Dak's followers refuse to acknowledge this and believe somehow he's going to grow into the ultimate defense reading anticipatory throwing QB the Cowboys deserve. But it ain't going to happen. He still, three years in, displays abysmal footwork. Basic 3 step drop and deliver and he has to throw it stepping backwards. How, after so much time, coaching, training and film study does it take to just fix that one thing?

Let me guess, Garrett's fault, right?

DFWJC

Reaction score

I made the chainsaw comment because it seems to actually piss you off that people love and miss Romo, and it seems like you want to stop it every chance you get. I assume it's just more like a pet peeve, but people using the wrong form of "you're" is a pet peeve of mine that I've learned to just accept and move on, because pointing it out every time I see it would just make me look petty...even though these people GREW UP STUDYING FRIGGIN' ENGLISH AND THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

:laugh:

aria

Reaction score

Lol, it’s definitely nothing personal against Romo. I’m not in love with Tony and I don’t muddle the facts which upsets some people. Your :p absolutely right though, it started off as a pet peeve but has now become more than that.

Perhaps it has to do with being a history major. One of my biggest pet peeves is watching movies that are historically inaccurate. I don’t care how good the movie is, I don’t like movie directors/authors altering facts to make something more appealing and it’s no different than what people are doing with Romo. If you (not personally you) want to constantly bring up the guy even though he has NOTHING to do with this team on a regular basis (which is still mind boggling to me and I want to know why) then either keep it real or don’t get butt hurt when someone like me does.

aria

Reaction score
or chasing skirt...I’ll never forget the time he was out there in pre game throwing the ball to his receivers with Jessica or Carrie by his side on the field chatting away. How that was even allowed I don’t know. I can’t remember what game it was but I believe it was one of his lesser performances.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
or chasing skirt...I’ll never forget the time he was out there in pre game throwing the ball to his receivers with Jessica or Carrie by his side on the field chatting away. How that was even allowed I don’t know. I can’t remember what game it was but I believe it was one of his lesser performances.

Yea, you're not obsessed at all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol, it’s definitely nothing personal against Romo. I’m not in love with Tony and I don’t muddle the facts which upsets some people. Your :p absolutely right though, it started off as a pet peeve but has now become more than that.

Perhaps it has to do with being a history major. One of my biggest pet peeves is watching movies that are historically inaccurate. I don’t care how good the movie is, I don’t like movie directors/authors altering facts to make something more appealing and it’s no different than what people are doing with Romo. If you (not personally you) want to constantly bring up the guy even though he has NOTHING to do with this team on a regular basis (which is still mind boggling to me and I want to know why) then either keep it real or don’t get butt hurt when someone like me does.
I refuse to ever watch Titanic partly because of Celine Dion, but mostly because I'm certain the historical inaccuracies are blatant and plentiful, and I'm not even a history buff. I imagine that movie would drive you to the brink of throwing tomatoes at the screen.
:laugh:.............and yes, I noticed what you did.:angry:

aria

Reaction score
Yea, you're not obsessed at all.
Do you same the same thing to all the people that start threads about him and constantly reference him in almost every thread or just to someone like me because you don’t like hearing the truth?

aria

Reaction score
I refuse to ever watch Titanic partly because of Celine Dion, but mostly because I'm certain the historical inaccuracies are blatant and plentiful, and I'm not even a history buff. I imagine that movie would drive you to the brink of throwing tomatoes at the screen.
:laugh:.............and yes, I noticed what you did.:angry:
Lol, I actually don’t know much about the Titanic so it doesn’t bother me other then Celine and the sappiness it all. You’re right though, I’m positive there are several inaccuracies based on the little I do know.

I used to be a Bill the Kid fantatic so the Young Guns series is some what annoying but I still love both movies. I’m also somewhat of a Civil War and Native American “buff” so certain shows/movies or even the way history was taught to most of us is pretty bothersome. Convenient how many atrocities are left out of school books and no one wants to talk about because it’s true and cringe worthy...LIKE PART OF ROMO’S CAREER! ;)