Romo was sharp today

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That back shoulder throw to Bryant was a think of beauty. He hit his receivers in stride and ran the offense to near perfection. The best part is when he got on the offense after the 2nd fumble to let them know that was unacceptable. I hope we continue to see that from Romo when it's needed. Those fumbles didn't allow him to work on the red zone offense. The Cards are a tough team to run on so that would've been interesting to see. Looking forward to the regular season dress rehearsal next week.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I agree I thought Romo looked pretty good today. Hope to see more of that. He and Dez really have some chemistry there.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't have to play this season. But I'd still trust him more than Tanney is we needed someone to step in for 1-2 games. Anything more than that and bye bye playoffs.

I just think that you don't have to change the game plan if Tanney has to play. I feel like they would have to adjust some plays for Orton if he had to play.

JBS

Reaction score
any savings if we cut orton? cut him, use that extra money - if any, on waters...going w orton as #2 is just as bad as going with any scrub backup we can find on another roster at #2...doubt theres savings though, but i really dont know

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I just think that you don't have to change the game plan if Tanney has to play. I feel like they would have to adjust some plays for Orton if he had to play.

I don't really have a problem with changing the game plan. Look at our first preseason game. We planned to run a lot since Romo wasn't playing. Our run game was unbelievable. Despite Orton's two picks today, I think an Orton-led run-heavy offense would cause fewer mistakes than a Tanney-led Romo-style offense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

If Tanney keeps playing like that, it's going to be tough not to keep 3 QB's. I don't like our chances of sneaking him onto the practice squad.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I don't think you can judge the game plan in preseason. It's not the plan you will see in the reg season.

Gameover

Reaction score
Not bad for a guy who overthrew an easy td.

I know... The rook ran the wrong route

Zordon

Reaction score
I like the chemistry he is showing with Dez. Witten needs to take a backseat to the boy wonder from now on.

Still he missed a wide open Terrence Williams for a touchdown. 2 games and counting, no touchdowns for the first unit this preseason. It's starting to remind me of last year.

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Orton was up against the Cardinals' first team DBs. Granted, he'd be doing that in the regular season if he had to step in, but comparing his night to Tanney's isn't really fair.