Rookie LB Bernard Francis continues to impress

quickccc

Reaction score
https://thelandryhat.com/2020/08/18/dallas-cowboys-udfa-rookie-early-noise/

I keep hearing positive reviews of rookie LB Bernard Francis.
he doesn't have NFL game experience when it comes to defense and special teams but
apparently he is continuing to make plays on defense.

- Francis already has two INTs including a pick six, and he's getting his hands on pass breakups, he's around the ball and the action, he's showing up and making plays.

- He just seems to have a great knack for reading pass offenses and QBs and making the INTs,
he was doing it at the college level, .with 5 INTs in 2 years,..and he's continuing to do the takeaway INTs in camp already.

- Haven't heard much at all from Justin march Lillard, And if team decides to keep six or seven, it will likely comes down to Francis vs Justin.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

he doesn't have NFL game experience when it comes to defense and special teams but

- Francis already has two INTs including a pick six, and he's getting his hands on pass breakups, he's around the ball and the action, he's showing up and making plays.

- He just seems to have a great knack for reading pass offenses and QBs and making the INTs,
he was doing it at the college level, .with 5 INTs in 2 years,..and he's continuing to do the takeaway INTs in camp already.

- Haven't heard much at all from Justin march Lillard, And if team decides to keep six or seven, it will likely comes down to Francis vs Justin.
I just don’t think will keep three running back’s

Ebnorice

Reaction score

Ummm excuse me, but I don’t know if you have noticed this is a earl thomas messaging board. If you could keep it to what the board is designed to be, that would be great. ;)

quickccc

Reaction score
Ummm excuse me, but I don’t know if you have noticed this is a earl thomas messaging board. If you could keep it to what the board is designed to be, that would be great. ;)

LOL .... Naah, no thanks .... ... Cowboys fans, ..Cowboys Nation need to be able indulge in actual Cowboys players ..and Cowboys players' performance in Cowboys camp.
:dance:

quickccc

Reaction score
https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cow...ancis-bernard-dak-prescott-interception-camp/

" An undrafted rookie linebacker out of Utah, Bernard has notched a team-high two interceptions through four practices, including a pick-six of first-string quarterback Dak Prescott.

- On Monday, as in-house reporter David Helman detailed, Bernard made an excellent read on a shallow Prescott pass and took it to the house

Cowboys ran a bunch formation drill today, where 3 WRs would go against 3 defenders, simulating how to cover guys coming out of a bunch. Dak looked for Ventell Bryant on a curl & Bernard read it the whole way. pick-6.

- On Tuesday, more of the same — this time against fourth-string QB Clayton Thorson in 11-on-11 drills.

when Clayton Thorson had his chance to guide the 2-minute drill, he completely missed Bernard in coverage and threw an INT right to him to kill the drive. Bernard was pumped, to put it mildly........ "

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
I just don’t think will keep three running back’s

i do .. at least 3 RBs.
i wonder how's the new undrafted FB Sewo Olonilua is doing in practices ?

i just wondering how many LBs we'll be keeping- six or seven ?

1) LVE
2) Jaylon
3) Lee
4) Thomas
5) Francis
6) Gifford
7) March ?

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Good news on the pass defense. That's where we seemed light at LB. I'm not confident on Jaylon or Lee in coverage.

We needed a young guy to step up under Jaylon and LVE.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'll wait........too many times I've seen preseason superstars disappear when bullets start flying. Remove the 2 interceptions.........what type of player we're talking about now.