64.7 run defense

68.2 pass rush

81.8 coverage

Kenneth Murray grades
67.6 overall

58.5 run defense

62.8 pass rush

80.6 coverage

Obviously, there's more to getting drafted than just grades and the quality of competition isn't always truly comparable, but Bernard performed well on the field and his early camp performance is showing that he belongs.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I really like Bernard. I just hope he can show enough to stick on the roster in this strange preseason. He has great instincts which gets him to the ball faster than his timed speed says.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'll wait........too many times I've seen preseason superstars disappear when bullets start flying. Remove the 2 interceptions.........what type of player we're talking about now.

remove Justin March from Special Teams ....and what type of player would we be talkin' about now ? ...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Cowboys are only carrying 7 LB's on their training camp roster. They know what they have in this group.

Cowboys 2-deep for LB should be:

SAM - Sean Lee - Joe Thomas
MIKE - Leighton Vander Esch - Francis Bernard
WILL - Jaylon Smith - Luke Gifford

Justin March's ST play is greatly exaggerated by this team and fan base. Gifford and Bernard will contribute on ST. Thomas will really be the primary back-up at all 3 LB spots.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Francis Bernard grades last year:
75.3 overall

79.9 run defense

63.3 pass rush

71.9 coverage

Patrick Queen grades last year:
74.4 overall

64.7 run defense

68.2 pass rush

81.8 coverage

Kenneth Murray grades
67.6 overall

58.5 run defense

62.8 pass rush

80.6 coverage

Obviously, there's more to getting drafted than just grades and the quality of competition isn't always truly comparable, but Bernard performed well on the field and his early camp performance is showing that he belongs.
This is good stuff.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys are only carrying 7 LB's on their training camp roster. They know what they have in this group.

Cowboys 2-deep for LB should be:

SAM - Sean Lee - Joe Thomas
MIKE - Leighton Vander Esch - Francis Bernard
WILL - Jaylon Smith - Luke Gifford

Justin March's ST play is greatly exaggerated by this team and fan base. Gifford and Bernard will contribute on ST. Thomas will really be the primary back-up at all 3 LB spots.
:hammer:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
He has a legit shot at making the team ,he has to beat out Luke grifford.

Gifford has looked good as well. It’s going to come down to some tough choices, especially because the Cowboys really only keep 2 linebackers on the field on most downs.

Maybe Lee gets moved over to the PUP seeing as he’s hurt again?

This, by the way, is where the lack of preseason games really hurts. Not sure why the NFLPA couldn’t just agree to allow two preseason games for players with less than 4-years experience. These young kids need to play so they can be evaluated.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
:lmao2:Not real crazy about his hair-do but if he's that good, I'll take the guy anyway!:thumbup:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
remove Justin March from Special Teams ....and what type of player would we be talkin' about now ? ...:rolleyes:

LOL...you lost me. March is an established vet vs an undrafted rookie trying to make the team WITHOUT preseason games.

Just so you know ......I actually like the kid ( he's been through a lot and fought back ) but odds of him making the team are long w/o preseason IMO.

Dallas Cowboys[edit]
On October 11, 2017, March-Lillard signed with the Dallas Cowboys as a free agent, his fourth team in nearly a month.[10] He was a backup linebacker that appeared in 7 games and was declared inactive in 4 contests.

In 2018, he appeared in all 16 games, while registering 7 special teams tackles and one defensive tackle.

On March 7, 2019, he was re-signed to a one-year contract.[11]

On March 21, 2020, March re-signed with the Cowboys.[

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Gifford has looked good as well. It’s going to come down to some tough choices, especially because the Cowboys really only keep 2 linebackers on the field on most downs.

Maybe Lee gets moved over to the PUP seeing as he’s hurt again?

This, by the way, is where the lack of preseason games really hurts. Not sure why the NFLPA couldn’t just agree to allow two preseason games for players with less than 4-years experience. These young kids need to play so they can be evaluated.

Exactly..........Belichick was quoted last week saying how no preseason games will hurt most low round and undrafted rookies most coz they're forced to make the team off practice, which isn't fair. Many have little or no chance .......