Rookie LB Bernard Francis continues to impress

cristglo

Reaction score
https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cow...ancis-bernard-dak-prescott-interception-camp/

" An undrafted rookie linebacker out of Utah, Bernard has notched a team-high two interceptions through four practices, including a pick-six of first-string quarterback Dak Prescott.

- On Monday, as in-house reporter David Helman detailed, Bernard made an excellent read on a shallow Prescott pass and took it to the house

Cowboys ran a bunch formation drill today, where 3 WRs would go against 3 defenders, simulating how to cover guys coming out of a bunch. Dak looked for Ventell Bryant on a curl & Bernard read it the whole way. pick-6.

- On Tuesday, more of the same — this time against fourth-string QB Clayton Thorson in 11-on-11 drills.

when Clayton Thorson had his chance to guide the 2-minute drill, he completely missed Bernard in coverage and threw an INT right to him to kill the drive. Bernard was pumped, to put it mildly........ "
I like this kid also and I think he has some room to grow! Cowboys scouts were at some of Utah games last year he could be a diamond in the making.

cristglo

Reaction score
I think this kid has a legitimate shot to make it. The only thing with these reports we always here about a player balling in camp to not even make the team. LOL

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Every year there are camp standouts that came from nowhere. UFAs. Lower round picks. We here all about these guys. Then they get cut or go on PS never to be heard from again. Happens every year. Nzeocha and that Baylor S Dixon are two that come to mind.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
If your first name is Francis and your last name is Bernard, you better be tough.
BTW, Bernard Francis was a Cardinal...Of the Roman Catholic Church.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Gifford has looked good as well. It’s going to come down to some tough choices, especially because the Cowboys really only keep 2 linebackers on the field on most downs.

Maybe Lee gets moved over to the PUP seeing as he’s hurt again?

This, by the way, is where the lack of preseason games really hurts. Not sure why the NFLPA couldn’t just agree to allow two preseason games for players with less than 4-years experience. These young kids need to play so they can be evaluated.
I think it had more to do with the risk/reward on those preseason games. Better to concentrate on the real games.

khiladi

Reaction score
https://thelandryhat.com/2020/08/18/dallas-cowboys-udfa-rookie-early-noise/

I keep hearing positive reviews of rookie LB Bernard Francis.
he doesn't have NFL game experience when it comes to defense and special teams but
apparently he is continuing to make plays on defense.

- Francis already has two INTs including a pick six, and he's getting his hands on pass breakups, he's around the ball and the action, he's showing up and making plays.

- He just seems to have a great knack for reading pass offenses and QBs and making the INTs,
he was doing it at the college level, .with 5 INTs in 2 years,..and he's continuing to do the takeaway INTs in camp already.

- Haven't heard much at all from Justin march Lillard, And if team decides to keep six or seven, it will likely comes down to Francis vs Justin.

Well, not surprised by the INTs, because, you know, Dak “doesn’t practice well”...

Plankton

Reaction score
It’s Francis Bernard

tenor.gif