Twitter: Rookie RB Tony Pollard shows off speed & quickness during OTAs

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not about if he is good, it's about we now know he can hold a football in his hands and run at the same time. If they suspend Zeke, this could be very important in the future.

Hell, I can hold a football in my hands and run at the same time. Pay me.

Do you think they will care that I can't run very fast anymore, or that these days I would be exhausted after running 10 yards?

tkluu

Reaction score
Let's see how Pollard does after getting cracked a few times by LBers looking to take his head off.
McClay answered, “No, there was a play where he’s running between the tackles and linebacker de-cleats him and you know, he hits him from the side and he sends him about five yards that way. Well, two plays later, he runs the ball. Same play and that linebacker is there, and he runs right through him. And you know, we started talking about going, ‘Yeah, this kid’s fearless.’

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
McClay answered, “No, there was a play where he’s running between the tackles and linebacker de-cleats him and you know, he hits him from the side and he sends him about five yards that way. Well, two plays later, he runs the ball. Same play and that linebacker is there, and he runs right through him. And you know, we started talking about going, ‘Yeah, this kid’s fearless.’
Nice find.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Remember last camp when Dak was raving about Tavon Austin?

I always listen when players give praise about other players (as opposed to media hype), but Austin didn't really deliver. I'm taking the Pollard comments with a grain of salt until we see it in games, but it's nice to hear the buzz early. I liked the pick for us at the time, and he's a guy you can tell they're really going to use to disguise plays for other players, regardless of what he produces himself directly. I hope he can improve with his pass blocking, since that's going to be the case and it's going to be important.
Zack Martin was saying how good Jahid Ward was going to be too during last years training camp.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I hate indoor practices. I feel like you need to practice in the elements to play in the elements (heat, rain, snow, ice, etc)

conner01

Reaction score
Remember last camp when Dak was raving about Tavon Austin?

I always listen when players give praise about other players (as opposed to media hype), but Austin didn't really deliver. I'm taking the Pollard comments with a grain of salt until we see it in games, but it's nice to hear the buzz early. I liked the pick for us at the time, and he's a guy you can tell they're really going to use to disguise plays for other players, regardless of what he produces himself directly. I hope he can improve with his pass blocking, since that's going to be the case and it's going to be important.
Austin played decent when he played
The problem was he didn’t play enough

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Blue and Silver blinders for me plz :laugh:

Seems odd that they practice with helmets but no pads. Anyone know why that is (the helmet part not the pads)?
Because the CBA only allows a certain amount of padded practices, coaches usually wait till we get closer to the reg season to use them up. No rules agaist wearing helmets to help prevent concussions.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Rookie RB Tony Pollard shows off his speed and quickness during the 2nd week of Cowboys OTAs.

Enjoy...

Showcase the lad!!
Showcase him all off season.
Dak, silly Dak, will want Wentz money and there won't be enough to pay Zeke. Thus, we need leveredge.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Showing off the speed and quickness that landed him in round 4. Uh, okay.

You have no idea what you speak of - the "4th rounder" holds the NCAA record for kickoff returns for TDs and that's after opponents stopped kicking to him at all last year. The kid lines up at RB, in the slot and as a wideout. He is a solid young guy and has had to work for everything he's ever gotten. I watched TP for his time here at Memphis and he can cover ground .. very quickly ... as well as go over the middle and make contested catches.

As I recall, Tom Brady wasn't a high round grab either. Let it play out.